• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Deleted member 2791

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I'm making a thread for this specific rumor for multiple reason:
- Mediamarkt is a site that is usually reliable and has leaked in the past listings of real game
- It's from this same site that Assassin's Creed Collection for PS4/One/Switch possibly leaked and that one is pretty likely
- The Game Awards are in a few days and may be an explanation as to why it leaks
- Nintendo renewed the The Last Story trademark last night
- There's a placeholder box art and user took a screenshot with the view zoomed in

But there's also some critical points against it:
- You can't access the URL and it's impossible to determine if the page was taken down after being online for more than 17 hours of if it never existed in the first place
- There's no EAN number associated with the page
- The source is a reddit user that never posted before, so no way to tell if it's reliable.

So I'll let mods judge if it's worth discussing it or not.
https://www.reddit.com/r/NintendoSw...e_last_story_2_aka_media_markt_strikes_again/
last_story_ii_posting.jpg

Pokémon

Oct 27, 2017
Yeah usually I would say Media Markt is legit for leaks but unfortunately we have no idea if this listing ever existed. Could be a fake by a fan who saw the renewal of the trademark and the Assassin's Creed collection on Media Markt.

Jaded Alyx

Oct 25, 2017
I was very surprised there wasn't a thread on this already that I could find. I figured maybe it was because Era has been acting up/down for maintenance.

DrROBschiz

Oct 25, 2017
I dont remember liking the first game on Wii

So here is hoping this one is more interesting if real

Valcrist

Tic-Tac-Toe Champion
Oct 25, 2017
That zoom picture is legit as fuck as I said in the other thread. I'm on the 'believe' side of things. There's a non-zoom picture as well out there.

also TLS2 development has been a rumor for 2 years now.

RedAhmed

Jan 9, 2018
Reading the OP, this could be just a troll move from a user. So I'm going with fake for now.

But it's too late to not be hyped now. I hope this is real.

Kouriozan

Oct 25, 2017
Give it to me! Loved the first game and would replay at 60FPS/HD too.
If it's fake it's just too cruel haha

Dee Dee

Nov 2, 2017
But... The Last Story II was basically an event in Terra Battle, wasn't it?

Would be shocked if true, but happy. That is under the assumption, that the banana peel sling is still in this.

salromano

Mr. Gematsu
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Gonna call fake on this one.

When the Assassin's Creed Compilation and Bowmore listings surfaced, I scavenged through the PS4, Switch, and Xbox One pre-order listings---all of them---to see if there were any other standout oddities. This was not there. It's possible it could've showed up later, but the fact that the URL wasn't even shared is suspicious to me.

Also, might just be me, but that's not how MediaMarkt's zoom tool seems to work? Here's how it zooms for me:

https://www.mediamarkt.de/de/product/_marvel-s-spider-man-action-playstation-4-2412269.html

hJMFGqR.png

bobbychalkers

Oct 26, 2017
If true, mother.....Fucking ....YES!!!!

I adore Last Story and I wished it got the same treatment Xenoblade did.

Ex-Psych

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I wonder if this will turn out to be an anthology franchise like Final Fantasy for Nintendo.

That would be neat.

OP
OP

Deleted member 2791

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017

When the Assassin's Creed Compilation and Bowmore listings surfaced, I scavenged through the PS4, Switch, and Xbox One pre-order listings---all of them---to see if there were any other standout oddities. This was not there. It's possible it could've showed up later, but the fact that the URL wasn't even shared is suspicious to me.

Also, might just be me, but that's not how MediaMarkt's zoom tool seems to work? Here's how it zooms for me:

https://www.mediamarkt.de/de/product/_marvel-s-spider-man-action-playstation-4-2412269.html

hJMFGqR.png

It depends on the size of your monitor. The zoom-in view works exactly like in OP with my laptop.

Ys45

Oct 25, 2017
That would be awesome but.... no, no, I don't want to be disappointed.
Can I pretend I never saw this thread?

Eolz

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
FR
Holy fucking shit if true. Couple that with Nintendo being used to bringing HD ports of games on Switch and maybe we'd get 1 too.

But on the other hand, I'm used to being disappointed.

Pokémon

Oct 27, 2017

hJMFGqR.png

Try out this title and you should be able to emulate the zoom behaviour of the "leak": https://www.mediamarkt.de/de/produc...lie-gesellschaft-nintendo-switch-2440633.html

Maybe it's just happening for Switch games?

Aniki

Oct 25, 2017
I want to believe. If it happens i want a reunion with some of the old crew, especially with Syrenne.

Hailinel

Shamed a mod for a tag
Oct 27, 2017
I dont remember liking the first game on Wii

So here is hoping this one is more interesting if real
The original game was heavily flawed, but I liked the core of what it did and the main thrust of the story between Zael and Calista. A second game that improved on the first game's concepts and told a story with better pacing would be right up my alley.

ZhugeEX

Senior Analyst at Niko Partners
Verified
Oct 24, 2017
How can The Last Story have a sequel when it's literally called The Last Story.

Status
Not open for further replies.