1. jbug617

jbug617

AC7 isn't exclusive though. When they announced it they only confirmed PS4 and then later on they confirmed XB1 and Steam.

2. His description implies that he only worked on the VR mode of AC7, which I think is exclusive to PSVR (someone please correct me if I'm wrong on that).

3. zroid

zroid

Not that I am trying to police your "feelings" or anything, but this is a game we know literally nothing about. We don't even know what this job listing means, if anything. It could be minor outsourcing work. So maybe cool the jets a little, lol.

4. Uhhh, that's exactly what they did with Metroid Prime with Retro, lol.

5. Leafhopper

Leafhopper

Not the first time Ridge Racer is exclusive on the newest platform released.

I wouldn't rule it out.

I don't know shit about that Metroid part.

6. DeuceGamer

DeuceGamer

People were worried about Samus Returns on 3DS because Mercury Steam and it turned out amazing, IMO. Let’s wait and see how it looks. Retro laid the foundation for what to expect with Prime games. If anything I wouldn’t expect any major changes and more of the same, which I’m personally fine with.

7. Phendrift

Phendrift

Any insiders wanna chime in on this?

8. Tsukinopio

Tsukinopio
    Banned Member

If it means anything, NateDrake hasn't locked the thread yet.

9. Doctre81

Doctre81

No. Ive have seen mulitple linkedin profiles say that. Especially Ubisoft.

10. Shiba

Shiba

Well Zhuge did hint months ago that Bamco was working on a first party Nintendo game that was the 4th entry in a series and appears that smash wasn’t the one he was talking about. Also I believe we had someone on here said that they are indeed working on it.

Edit:Guy is actually in this thread too.

11. MoonFrog

MoonFrog

Thanks.

12. Medalion

Medalion

RIDGE RACER YEAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

Metroid Prime 4... meh

13. lovecatt

lovecatt

Nintendo + Bamco is a very common pairing these days so I have faith in MP4.

14. Kumikomical

Kumikomical

BN Singapore??? But there's no talent here lol. #SGpride

Also obligatory RIIIIIDGEE RACERRR

15. DeuceGamer

DeuceGamer

He’s been right several times recently from what I remember. Can’t look up the videos but he hinted at Dark Souls and the LA Noire ports along with some hints on the specific developers, IIRC.

16. Cinemikel

Cinemikel
    Banned Member OP

Quick, everyone check his LinkedIn!

17. Servbot24

Servbot24

Justly so! >:(

18. massoluk

massoluk

Will riot if not compatible with Labo steering wheel

19. Hopefully Bamco hires a great combat designer because I have no faith in prior staffers knowing how to make compelling shooting combat.

20. Luminaire

Luminaire

Ah, gotcha. Strange wording that seemed a little on the nose was all.

21. More ridge racer is always welcome. One of my favorite franchises from the ps1/ps2 eras.

I mean I’d play it on switch but I would prefer to have a PS4 version to relive my teenage years.

22. Faithless

Faithless

"Unannounced IP"
    Metroid Prime 4 has been... announced !?

23. Fredrik

Fredrik

Ridge Racer 8 for ANY platform is a dream come true at this point for me! Hyyype! :D

But Namco making Metroid Prime 4? It just... I mean, why?? I can’t say it makes me hyped tbh. What similar first person games have Bamco made?

24. Phendrift

Phendrift

Well, ZhugeEX’s twitter bio says he “covers the digital games market in China and SE Asia.” Singapore falls there

25. ?oe?oe

?oe?oe

Wasn't BN Singapore doing Metroid thrown around here before? Hmm.

26. noyram23

noyram23

Why not Retro though? What's Retro working exactly? I hope it turns out great though

27. WordAssassin

WordAssassin

The title is specifically AC7 VR though which could be exclusive to PSVR

28. TC13

TC13

We don't know.

29. Shiba

Shiba

Donkey Kong Banana Royale.

30. Cinemikel

Cinemikel
    Banned Member OP

Maybe it could be due to them not revealing any information about its development or developers? That is a good point though

31. Doctre81

Doctre81

They mean they are unannounced as the developer. Panic Buttons Linkedin still had wolf 2 listed as unannounced weeks after wolf 2 was announced for switch

32. Oliver James

Oliver James

RIIIIIIIIIIIDGE RACEEEEEEEER!

Interested to see how it'll turn out on the Switch as the series is known for its sleek style and arcade goodness.

33. zroid

zroid

damn now I want this

34. ZeoVGM

ZeoVGM

Yeah, I don't think so.

35. EatChildren

EatChildren
    Wonder from Down Under Member

Fucking enormous shoes to fill.

36. Astrogamer

Astrogamer

It seems so, but it PS4 AND PSVR which doesn't make too much sense if they are only working on the VR portion and being a lead designer. It is an easy mistake for someone who is only has cursory knowledge of the game since the game has mainly been advertised for Playstation and the official website doesn't list the other platforms on the first page but, someone who is a lead designer on it should realize it is multiplatform.

37. rtv190

rtv190

yea, the moment i saw it say Ace Combat 7 as a PS4 exclusive all credibility went into the shitter.

38. Doctre81

Doctre81

He is talking about the vr mode....

39. wwm0nkey

wwm0nkey

Metroid Prime 4 is going to be interesting for sure. Can another studio really out do or be on par with what Retro did?

40. Heart_Attack

Heart_Attack

Metroid Prime 4 confirmed to suck. Meh.

41. NESpowerhouse

NESpowerhouse

This bit is true.

As a side note, the confusion around Ace Combat 7 is kinda sad and really speaks to how badly Namco has marketed the thing.

42. Jacob LeBeau

Jacob LeBeau
    Banned Member

Mario X Mega Man: When villains Combine HYYYYYYYYPE

43. Cinemikel

Cinemikel
    Banned Member OP

It is correct though. The VR part is exclusive to PS4 and PSVR like it says

44. Shiba

Shiba

Surely Next Level Games can.

45. Plot twist, Namco let Prime 4 and Ridge Racer 8 get leaked to get viral marketing for Ace Combat 7.

46. Slam Tilt

Slam Tilt

Sure, but why? Presumably the people looking at LinkedIn profiles are professionals, not random strangers on the internet you want to impress.
    There’s no standard for listing these things; one way is as valid as another.

I’m definitely down for a new Ridge Racer, especially given the dearth of new arcade-style racing games today. Wouldn’t mind a Switch port of Ace Combat, either...

47. Jahranimo

Jahranimo
    Community Resettler Member

Based on what? lol

48. skittzo0413

skittzo0413

Looks like the evidence is mounting regarding Bamco and MP4.

I'd guess they're assisting, like Platinum with Star Fox Zero. Who knows to what extent though.

49. Shauni

Shauni

I think, despite the denial many are in about it, we all know it's another Donkey Kong game.

50. Crushed

Crushed

If this were true, the only real disappointment would be that Ridge Racer did not come in time for the Switch's launch after the tradition was broken.