• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Serenitynow

Oct 25, 2017
Surely if true, Retro aren't what they were anymore. End of an era. I guess the Donkey Kong franchise is their baby now.

They literally aren't what they were when they made the Trilogy. Almost all of those lead designers have left the company. That's not to say the people who are there now aren't talented. They're just not "the Metroid team."

SharpX68K

Nov 10, 2017
Chicagoland
If Ridge Racer 8 is exclusive to the Switch, then we just have to have Ridge Racer 9 on PS4 / Xbox One with additional content (like RR6 on X360 -----> RR7 on PS3)
and better detail (not to mention resolution) fitting of the more powerful platforms.

Doctre81

Oct 26, 2017
If Ridge Racer 8 is exclusive to the Switch, then we just have to have Ridge Racer 9 on PS4 / Xbox One with additional content (like RR6 on X360 -----> RR7 on PS3)
and better detail (not to mention resolution) fitting of the more powerful platforms.
Or Maybe ridge racer 9 will be switch exclusive too.

LunaSerena

Oct 25, 2017

Why? Why would releasing a games on Switch means a port/sequel has to come to the other platforms? Wouldn't it be better in that case to develop for all three platforms right out of the bat?

Slam Tilt

Jan 16, 2018
"If Monster Hunter World is exclusive to the PS4 / XBox One, then we just have to have Monster Hunter World 2 on Switch with additional content (like MH2 on PlayStation -----> MHTri on Wii)
and better local multiplayer (not to mention gameplay) fitting of the more portable platform."

Last edited:

Nikachu

Jan 14, 2018
If metroid prime 4 is in fact coming next year, I kinda hope they release the trilogy on switch as a cute summer or early fall title

Jan 10, 2018

I think you deserve a cookie for this one

Do we have any hints of one being next week? I'd say it's a good time for a last Bayonetta push before it launches on the 16th.

I remember February rumors

ReyVGM

Author - NES Endings Compendium
Verified
Oct 26, 2017

Ridge Racer 9 is not coming to PS4/XB1.

Nictron

Nov 27, 2017
Murrieta, CA
Next your telling me Nintendo's developing a Sonic game

tumblr_o1j3vkrcBf1sx2peuo4_500.gif

SharpX68K

Nov 10, 2017
Chicagoland
Or Maybe ridge racer 9 will be switch exclusive too.

Why? Why would releasing a games on Switch means a port/sequel has to come to the other platforms? Wouldn't it be better in that case to develop for all three platforms right out of the bat?

I think you deserve a cookie for this one

Ridge Racer 9 is not coming to PS4/XB1.

Okay, okay... I was clearly on the wrong side of this.

Well let me just say this..changing the subject, Ridge Racer 8 on Switch needs to be 60fps, both docked and portable. Can we agree on that? :)

ReyVGM

Author - NES Endings Compendium
Verified
Oct 26, 2017
Okay, okay... I was clearly on the wrong side of this.

Well let me just say this..changing the subject, Ridge Racer 8 on Switch needs to be 60fps, both docked and portable. Can we agree on that? :)

Like any game, it depends on how much a developer wants to dedicate hardware power to: graphics/A.I. or performance.

ILikeFeet

DF Deet Master
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
if Drive Club can do 30fps and be good, so can Ridge Racer

fuck ridge racer, get Capcom to bring back Auto Modelista

Zero83

Oct 29, 2017
Oslo
I'm really excited about a potential new Ridge Racer. I really miss those N64/PS2/ PS3/X360 arcade racers.

Anyway, just a thought... I haven't followed this thread too closely. But do we know what developers and artists Bandai Namco Singapore consists of? Nintendo said Metroid Prime 4 is being developed by 'a new studio'. Of course that could mean 'new' as in not Retro, but is it possible that Bandai Namco Singapore has expanded recently and hired new staff to develop this game? (I don't know how the business works, and I didn't even know this studio existed a week ago).

Last edited:
Oct 26, 2017
And to finally anounnouce South Park on Switch, which insiders confirmed was coming in the amazon Mexico thread.

Let's list the rumors and leaks that are ripe for the picking in this supposed direct:

*ahem*

Rumored/leaked:

- Ridge Racer 8
- South Park: The Fractured But Whole
- Burnout Paradise HD
- De Blob
- Elex
- Rad Rodgers
- Hunting Simulator
- Crash Bandicoot: N-Sane Trilogy
- Call of Duty: Black Ops 4
- Assault Gunners HD
- Dragon Quest Heroes 1 & 2 for the west

Known but not properly shown:

- Metroid Prime 4
- Tales of
- Taiko
- Fire Emblem
- Mainline Pokemon RPG
- Story of Seasons
- Dragon Quest XI
- Wolfenstein 2

More info:

- Yoshi
- Bayonetta 3 (it had a CG trailer so it counts here)
- Valkyria Chronicles 4 on Switch (it's due summer in Japan)
- DK DLC in Mario + Rabbids
- Shin Megami Tensei V

And I'm likely forgetting stuff.

The Mini Direct last month was good, but there were many glaring omissions.

Atheerios

Oct 27, 2017
That seems incredibly flimsy since Nintendo has no reason to suddenly retool a Direct because of a hoax 5.0 system update. This has to be fake.
That's not what the original source says. It's completely unrelated to the fake 5.0 update.

Supposedly a real 5.0 update was planned for January and it was delayed, thus the Direct too. That's what the source says.

(I don't fully believe that though)

Last edited:

Poimandres

Oct 26, 2017
I haven't checked in on this thread for a few days and it's grown quite a lot... Any updates on the validity of this? Especially Ridge?

Deleted member 36622

User requested account closure
Banned
Dec 21, 2017
Hopefully we learn more during next weeks rumored Nintendo Direct

I hope this is real (not Metroid Prime 4 in the Direct but the Direct itself) because in the past few days i've seen already too many announcements and videos about upcoming games, all contents that could have been part of a Direct.

Something tells me that Direct will be in March.

xxbrothawizxx

Nov 1, 2017
Gainesville, FL
We're getting Wolfenstein 2 with no sign of Wolf 1...
They ported the Stick of Truth and gave it away as a preorder bonus for the second game on PS4/XBO. I'd appreciate the same here.

In Wolf's case, since it's already going to be late they should have had another team port TNO in time for a Spring/Summer release with a purchase getting you a discount on the other like Bayo. Both for $60 would have been nice too, but I guess that's asking for a lot considering when the sequel launched.

Man it'd be fantastic if the next Call of Duty is first revealed at a Nintendo Direct and console version details come after that. Maybe some timed exclusive DLC too?

I guess it'd be cool for Switch owners, but I can't imagine it wouldn't piss off their active player base. It doesn't make sense to debut the game with the ugliest version anyway.

Last edited: