1. Nolbertos

Nolbertos

Well, Tecmo left a bitter taste in everyone’s mouth with Other M. Ubisoft didn’t have the luxury of a Mario game bombing using someone else’s characters. Bamco isn’t Tecmo, but still that cloud lingering.

2. mockingbird

mockingbird

I guess Ridge Racer being exclusive makes sense. Even though it's more of an arcade racer, Switch doesn't have any other racers to compete with it, like Project Cars, Forza, or GT.

3. Cinemikel

Cinemikel
    Banned Member OP

4. Even with Mario+Rabbids and Samus Returns though, those teams had made strategy games and Metroidvanias before (admittedly, the later team is blamed for killing Castlevania but uhhhhhh, well they had worked on Castlevania).

Namco has not done a AAA shooter or action adventure game like ever. We'll see how it looks pretty soon I would guess though.

5. Eon

Eon

In today’s sim heavy world, a arcade focused switch RR is right my alley. I’ve really missed portable RR since the PSP launch.

As for MP4...who knows.

But BAMCO bring both of these is great news, if true. Great third party support.

6. GreenMamba

GreenMamba

Prime 4 is already confirmed to be first person.

7. Nemesis162

Nemesis162

That's pretty interesting and surprising. I guess that Bandai Namco Studios is doing the brute work with Tanabe as the leader of the project just like other projects made by them.

8. foxuzamaki

foxuzamaki

Retro were made of ex acclaim members who worked on the kurok games, their studio was new but the people working there were not

9. You guys can have Ridge Racer, and we'll see you with Giant Enemy Crab!

10. Retromelon

Retromelon

Once upon a time people might have called a retro developed metroid "farming out"

11. Phendrift

Phendrift

Oh ok.

Still, he’s at the helm

12. I mean, giving a massive genre defining project and series to a failing studio often doesn't work out!

It did, but I don't think this is too common...

And Bamco has no experience with these games at all.

But we'll see...

13. GreenMamba

GreenMamba

My concerns here is that Prime 1 - 3 really weren't games that NCL handled everything themselves and had Retro do the grunt work for--they were very much Retro Studios games being overseen by Nintendo. It's possible everything ends up okay but this is just a really bizarre choice.

Considering Tanabe's producer work as of late that's maybe not a good thing.

14. Phendrift

Phendrift

Prime 4 is a first person game. It’s one of the few things they’ve actually confirmed

15. Ridley327

Ridley327

That, and Nintendo does have a history already with the series, as they had NST develop the N64 game (as well as the port to the DS), as well as getting Namco to make an installment for the 3DS launch. Nothing too crazy as far as they're concerned, though I think that there's a fair few people out there that would be relieved to get a more traditional Ridge Racer after such a long absence for the series.

16. MoonFrog

MoonFrog

I guess I kind of assumed we'd only get Prime again with a bizarre choice tbh.

17. Phendrift

Phendrift

Also, if Bandai Singapore is new like you guys are suggesting, we don’t actually know the types of people who work there right?

It could be a collection of devs who have worked on FPS games.

18. bobbychalkers

bobbychalkers

I've been craving a racer on Switch that doesn't involve Nintendo mascots or phone ports.

19. Katsubento

Katsubento

I'll take a new Ridge Racer on anything.

20. macapala

macapala

OMG! Quickly, someone start a petition to get Metroid Prime 4 cancelled!

21. Harpoon

Harpoon

Well, the dev whose LinkedIn page this is from apparently has their share of experience:

22. foxuzamaki

foxuzamaki

As of late? The one game? Which isnt some horrible trainwreck of a game anyway? You guys need some perspective

23. LightKiosk

LightKiosk

Honestly even if Ridge Racer isn't on my platform of choice, I'd still like them to release one with an iconic Ridge Racer soundtrack so I can jam out to it.

24. Cinemikel

Cinemikel
    Banned Member OP

The thing I'm confused on is why he would label an actual unannounced game with its name (Ridge Racer 8), but not the first person action adventure title which is technically announced?

I understand that no real details in terms of development and developers have been announced so they could be keeping a tight lip on that, but then why would you also then go announce a completely unannounced, unhinted title, full name and all?

25. I know, what I mean is that I think safe to assume he is going to be a very hands on producer like he was on the other Prime games, to at least keep the new game in line with previous ones.

26. Yep, that employee is real.

27. New Fang

New Fang

Ridge Racer is of great interest to me, but only if it’s more like Ridge 4/5, or the PSP games.

Isn’t Ace Combat also coming to Xbox, and therefore not exclusive to PS4?

28. Pooh

Pooh

It's gonna be hilarious when Kaz appears on the next Nintendo Direct to reveal the new Ridge Racer

29. Nemesis162

Nemesis162

I mean, Bandai Namco Singapore could just be an support studio for the game and not the main one.

30. Oh and they did, a lot in fact. Sadly I was there to witness the outbursts on Metroid fansites and the like.

31. "• Concept Design – Created many design concepts in order to meet Nintendo’s exacting requirements. "

Holy shit, they're actually making it and not just a support studio.

This is going to be the first AAA game ever made in Singapore, goddamn.

32. carlosrox

carlosrox

It's Swiiiiitch Raaceeer.

33. Jahranimo

Jahranimo
    Community Resettler Member

The Singapore office has been open since March 2013.

Source

34. Hailinel

Hailinel

Other than Federation Force, what has Tanabe helmed as producer in recent memory that went poorly?

35. Cinemikel

Cinemikel
    Banned Member OP

Read the OP edit

36. Nemesis162

Nemesis162

Where are you seeing this?

37. That fucking Donkey Kong Country!

/s

38. Doctre81

Doctre81

Its on the profile.

39. clay_ghost

clay_ghost

Is there a actual link to the profile or something? Can't find it anywhere. Also that guy will be wondering why so many random people outside the industry are viewing his profile.

40. Taco_Human

Taco_Human

RIIIIIIIIDGE RACERRRRRRRR so fucking hyped

Edit: Please be real

41. Mega Man Zero

Mega Man Zero

I'd love a new Ridge Racer.

42. Harpoon

Harpoon

I think people are trying to avoid outright posting it so the guy doesn't get in trouble.

43. EightBitNate

EightBitNate

Can anyone else name a time a sequel went from a western dev to Eastern Asia? Can only think of examples going the other way. Interested in seeing the results.

44. Nemesis162

Nemesis162

I know. I mean the link

45. Jahranimo

Jahranimo
    Community Resettler Member

Ding ding ding

46. clay_ghost

clay_ghost

Make sense.

47. Mitchman

Mitchman

Ridge Racer? Switch is single handedly trying to revive gaming of a bygone era. And its doing a god damn job.

48. defferoo

defferoo

found it. looks legit. if true, the fact that they're meeting with Nintendo could indicate that it's actually a Nintendo IP.

49. Tsukinopio

Tsukinopio
    Banned Member

Every game on this list except Donkey Kong:

[​IMG]

50. Judge

Judge
    Vault-Tec Seal of Approval Moderator

I mean...he's gona get in trouble either way. Pretty easy to find who it is just by going to linkedin

but ya, don't link it.