• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Nolbertos

Dec 9, 2017
If this turns out to be true I think we should give them the benefit of the doubt, I remember how people overreacted when the Mario+rabbids info was out and the game ended up being a freaking awesome game.

Well, Tecmo left a bitter taste in everyone's mouth with Other M. Ubisoft didn't have the luxury of a Mario game bombing using someone else's characters. Bamco isn't Tecmo, but still that cloud lingering.

mockingbird

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
I guess Ridge Racer being exclusive makes sense. Even though it's more of an arcade racer, Switch doesn't have any other racers to compete with it, like Project Cars, Forza, or GT.

OP
OP
Cinemikel

Cinemikel

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
https://gematsu.com/2017/11/bandai-...witch-exclusive-titles-due-spring-summer-2018

These 3 exclusive games Bamco promised for Switch could be Metroid Prime 4, Ridge Racer 8 and the new Tales of.

Edit:

Ninja'd lol
Well if this whole thing about Bamco working on Prime 4 is true as well as Zhuge hinting at it then it wouldn't be apart of the three game. He clarified that the first party game was separate from the three exclusives Bamco has planned.

Oct 26, 2017
If this turns out to be true I think we should give them the benefit of the doubt, I remember how people overreacted when the Mario+rabbids info was out and the game ended up being a freaking awesome game.

Even with Mario+Rabbids and Samus Returns though, those teams had made strategy games and Metroidvanias before (admittedly, the later team is blamed for killing Castlevania but uhhhhhh, well they had worked on Castlevania).

Namco has not done a AAA shooter or action adventure game like ever. We'll see how it looks pretty soon I would guess though.

StreamedHams

Nov 21, 2017
In today's sim heavy world, a arcade focused switch RR is right my alley. I've really missed portable RR since the PSP launch.

As for MP4...who knows.

But BAMCO bring both of these is great news, if true. Great third party support.

Deleted member 5535

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
That's pretty interesting and surprising. I guess that Bandai Namco Studios is doing the brute work with Tanabe as the leader of the project just like other projects made by them.

GreenMamba

Oct 25, 2017
That's pretty interesting and surprising. I guess that Bandai Namco Studios is doing the brute work with Tanabe as the leader of the project just like other projects made by them.
My concerns here is that Prime 1 - 3 really weren't games that NCL handled everything themselves and had Retro do the grunt work for--they were very much Retro Studios games being overseen by Nintendo. It's possible everything ends up okay but this is just a really bizarre choice.

Still, he's at the helm
Considering Tanabe's producer work as of late that's maybe not a good thing.

Phendrift

Oct 25, 2017
Smash was both Nintendo and namco. Namco did a lot of the grunt work.

However the last time namco managed a Nintendo ip on their own we got that less than stellar starfox game.

Neither Nintendo nor namco have inhouse FPS experience which adds additional concerns but I have a feeling prime 4 won't be first person.
Prime 4 is a first person game. It's one of the few things they've actually confirmed

I guess Ridge Racer being exclusive makes sense. Even though it's more of an arcade racer, Switch doesn't have any other racers to compete with it, like Project Cars, Forza, or GT.
That, and Nintendo does have a history already with the series, as they had NST develop the N64 game (as well as the port to the DS), as well as getting Namco to make an installment for the 3DS launch. Nothing too crazy as far as they're concerned, though I think that there's a fair few people out there that would be relieved to get a more traditional Ridge Racer after such a long absence for the series.

MoonFrog

Oct 25, 2017
My concerns here is that Prime 1 - 3 really weren't games that NCL handled everything themselves and had Retro do the grunt work for--they were very much Retro Studios games being overseen by Nintendo. It's possible everything ends up okay but this is just a really bizarre choice.
I guess I kind of assumed we'd only get Prime again with a bizarre choice tbh.

Phendrift

Oct 25, 2017
Also, if Bandai Singapore is new like you guys are suggesting, we don't actually know the types of people who work there right?

It could be a collection of devs who have worked on FPS games.

Harpoon

Oct 27, 2017
Also, if Bandai Singapore is new like you guys are suggesting, we don't actually know the types of people who work there right?

It could be a collection of devs who have worked on FPS games.

Well, the dev whose LinkedIn page this is from apparently has their share of experience:

The listing is 100% not fake. The dev that this was pulled from is extremely reputable and has worked for other very reputable publishers. Whether it's Metroid Prime 4 is another thing.

foxuzamaki

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017

As of late? The one game? Which isnt some horrible trainwreck of a game anyway? You guys need some perspective

LightKiosk

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Honestly even if Ridge Racer isn't on my platform of choice, I'd still like them to release one with an iconic Ridge Racer soundtrack so I can jam out to it.

OP
OP
Cinemikel

Cinemikel

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The thing I'm confused on is why he would label an actual unannounced game with its name (Ridge Racer 8), but not the first person action adventure title which is technically announced?

I understand that no real details in terms of development and developers have been announced so they could be keeping a tight lip on that, but then why would you also then go announce a completely unannounced, unhinted title, full name and all?

New Fang

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Ridge Racer is of great interest to me, but only if it's more like Ridge 4/5, or the PSP games.

Isn't Ace Combat also coming to Xbox, and therefore not exclusive to PS4?

Deleted member 5535

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017

I mean, Bandai Namco Singapore could just be an support studio for the game and not the main one.

Oct 26, 2017
"• Concept Design – Created many design concepts in order to meet Nintendo's exacting requirements. "

Holy shit, they're actually making it and not just a support studio.

This is going to be the first AAA game ever made in Singapore, goddamn.

clay_ghost

Oct 25, 2017
Is there a actual link to the profile or something? Can't find it anywhere. Also that guy will be wondering why so many random people outside the industry are viewing his profile.

EightBitNate

Banned
Nov 2, 2017
Can anyone else name a time a sequel went from a western dev to Eastern Asia? Can only think of examples going the other way. Interested in seeing the results.

defferoo

Oct 30, 2017
found it. looks legit. if true, the fact that they're meeting with Nintendo could indicate that it's actually a Nintendo IP.

Last edited:

Tsukinopio

Banned
Dec 2, 2017
Other than Federation Force, what has Tanabe helmed as producer in recent memory that went poorly?
Every game on this list except Donkey Kong:

cjRoWt6.png