• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

carlosrox

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Vancouver BC
cdptgsoebf6z.jpg

ShinobiBk

One Winged Slayer
Dec 28, 2017
Smash was both Nintendo and namco. Namco did a lot of the grunt work.

However the last time namco managed a Nintendo ip on their own we got that less than stellar starfox game.

Neither Nintendo nor namco have inhouse FPS experience which adds additional concerns but I have a feeling prime 4 won't be first person.

The listing says it's a first person shooter/adventure game. Why would the Prime series not be first person all of a sudden?

carlosrox

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Vancouver BC
Every game on this list except Donkey Kong:

cjRoWt6.png

Welp those are all good-great games. Oh wait I forgot Color Splash and Federation Force were worse than STDs! I forgot I'm on the internet!

Fed Force was a good game shat on by a whining fanbase and there was something wrong with Color Splash now? It was one of Wii U's best games, and that's saying a lot. Color Splash was fucking amazing.

Dark Cloud

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Don't worry I was on #MetroidPrime4beingdevelopedbyBandai

Now that I see it's a new studio with Bandai in Singapore I'm even MORE excited and I'm pulling for them and Tanabe to make Metroid Prime 4 amazing. Let people hate. Let people doubt. Let people question. No matter what Samus will rise again from the new talented team in Singapore.

Stormkyleis

Oct 25, 2017
Italy
Well, it was an odd choice for Smash 4 as well.

But with Nintendo producers standing over their shoulders, they might really just need the man power.
Bandai Namco does have a ton of experience with fighting games, we can't say the same about first person shooters / adventure games. Plus, Singapore is a new division founded in 2013.

But then again, we can easily draw a parallel between them and 2002 Retro Studios, or even Ubisoft Milan. If I had to guess, they probably pitched an extremely convincing prototype to Nintendo.

rhandino

Oct 25, 2017
People bringing Tanabe recent projects to question his ability to work on a new Metroid game forgetting that the "people behind Metroid Prime" went to work on Batman: Arkhan Origins Blackgate (aka. trash) and ReCORE (aka. Lttp: The Game)

NhtKgt6.jpg

Nolbertos

Dec 9, 2017
So I went on linkedin and didn't see any job postings on lead designer or Bamco Singapore. Did this guy literally stalk all Namco employees profiles on linkedin to get the scoop?? Kinda freaky and maybe stupid that a bamco employee put that in there job description. Also, I didn't know bamco had a Canadian studio in vancouver. The more you know

Jon Carter

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
The real bombshell here is Ridge Racer 8 exclusive to Switch. Damn, that is one hell of a rumor. I need Ridge Racer back.

we-have-to-go-back.gif

OP
OP
Cinemikel

Cinemikel

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I do think it's a bit of a shame that Nintendo just went with a third party dev to help make the game, even if it's a newly made dev.

I would have rather had them form a brand new studio under them instead since they seem to be curating talent and skill from this team. Grow the first party team more

FormatCompatible

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Also worth mentioning that a lot of the devs who work at Bandai Namco Singapore have come over from LucasFilm and have worked on Star Wars 1313. There's some good devs here.

Detailed a bit more here:https://press-start.com.au/news/nintendo/2018/02/07/suggests-metroid-prime-4-developed-bandai-namco/
Oh man that's awesome to hear, 1313 looked great so it's really comforting to know these people are able to work on another sci-fi ip again after that was canceled. Really happy for them if true.

Kinsei

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I'm not going to make any snap judgements on the potential quality of Prime 4 since Retro was an untested studio before Prime 1 came out and look at what happened there. I hope we get footage of the game in a Nintendo Direct before E3.

Dark Cloud

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Just like I believed in Mario + Rabbids when it first like. Recall all the hatred from gamers. There was a few of us fighting for Ubisoft to do Mario and Rabbids good. Same thing will happen here.

Oct 26, 2017
So I went on linkedin and didn't see any job postings on lead designer or Bamco Singapore. Did this guy literally stalk all Namco employees on linkedin to get the scoop??

Yes, this is the beat he works.

Maybe the Singapore studio is just assisting the main studio on MP4?

The guy who leaked all this info is clearly the lead writer for Prime 4 based on his profile and he says he has done a lot of gameplay pitches to Nintendo for Prime 4 so I would guess that they are the lead studio and not a support studio.

Opa-Pa

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Not thrilled by this, but after Nintendo helped Mercury Steam of all studios to redeem themselves with a Metroid game I can trust their judgment in these things for sure.

srtrestre

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
It's ridge racer. Riiiiiiidge racerrrrrrrr

I know it's not original but saying it is so much fun dammit

Oct 26, 2017
Ridge Racer 8 as a Nintendo exclusive legit makes sense considering the pattern:

Ridge Racer 6 - Xbox 360 exclusive
Ridge Racer 7 - PS3 exclusive
Ridge Racer 8 - Switch exclusive

It's only natural that Nintendo would be next to complete this pattern.

Also, the director of Go Vacation WAS asked by BN to make Ridge Racer for Wii, but opted to do the former instead. So...

Jahranimo

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Also worth mentioning that a lot of the devs who work at Bandai Namco Singapore have come over from LucasFilm and have worked on Star Wars 1313. There's some good devs here.

Detailed a bit more here:https://press-start.com.au/news/nintendo/2018/02/07/suggests-metroid-prime-4-developed-bandai-namco/

I've been noticing this too. Some also worked on The Force Unleashed.

Also a number of these said LinkedIn pages are primarily Art Designers and either got hired in 2016 around the time of the employee in the OP or are working on vague projects within the same timeframe.

I think, like some others have mentioned earlier in the thread, that Bandai Namco is outsourced to work on art assets for the game.

Poimandres

Oct 26, 2017
Ridge Racer 8 exclusive to Switch? Well... that's a pretty compelling motivation to get a Switch for me if real. A strange turn of events considering the sub par support Nintendo has historically received with the series (aside from the 3DS game arguably) but I don't care which system it launches on as long as it's real!

Oct 26, 2017
I've been noticing this too. Some also worked on The Force Unleashed.

Also a number of these said LinkedIn pages are primarily Art Designers and either got hired in 2016 around the time of the employee in the OP or are working on vague projects within the same timeframe.

I think, like some others have mentioned earlier in the thread, that Bandai Namco is outsourced to work on art assets for the game.

The guy in the OP is definitely writing for Prime 4 and is working on gameplay stuff for Prime 4 though.

Deleted member 5535

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017

Servbot24

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Welp those are all good-great games. Oh wait I forgot Color Splash and Federation Force were worse than STDs! I forgot I'm on the internet!

Fed Force was a good game shat on by a whining fanbase and there was something wrong with Color Splash now? It was one of Wii U's best games, and that's saying a lot. Color Splash was fucking amazing.
Metroid Prime was the best video game of all time, and now we're to the point of trying to convince ourselves Federation Force wasn't actually that bad, smh. Damn what happened to this series.

Nolbertos

Dec 9, 2017
Metroid Prime was the best video game of all time, and now we're to the point of trying to convince ourselves Federation Force wasn't actually that bad, smh. Damn what happened to this series.

I enjoyed Federation Force, it was a "different" take on the Metroid Prime universe. That being said, I prefer Samus as the main character

Mory Dunz

Oct 25, 2017
I do think it's a bit of a shame that Nintendo just went with a third party dev to help make the game, even if it's a newly made dev.

I would have rather had them form a brand new studio under them instead since they seem to be curating talent and skill from this team. Grow the first party team more
if it means we get more games from first party IPs

keep outsourcing

Jahranimo

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017

I do think that's what's happening here though, with Bandai Namco helping speed along the development process by providing assets and other designer roles.

The guy in the OP is definitely writing for Prime 4 and is working on gameplay stuff for Prime 4 though.

Oh yeah, I'm just seeing quite a number of artists there that are possibly working on MP4 too.

Nolbertos

Dec 9, 2017
I'd like to think that Nintendo gave the keys of the Metroid franchise to Bamco for some "exclusive" Tales of.... only for Switch. i'm going with that narrative on Bamco trying to master the FPS genre.

Conor419

Banned
Nov 26, 2017
London
People are in denial at this stage.

The only two reasonable suggestions made across the entire fan base have been

1. New internal EPD team
2. Namco Bandai

The evidence is stacking up.

Sub Boss

Banned
Nov 14, 2017
I mean, giving a massive genre defining project and series to a failing studio often doesn't work out!

It did, but I don't think this is too common...

And Bamco has no experience with these games at all.

But we'll see...
Lets give it a chance its not like the Retro that made Metroid Prime is still there...
So many of them left.

Oct 26, 2017
These guys going from LucasArts to being supervised by Nintendo will be interesting.

I never got the impression that LucasArts was... Very competent or helpful as a publisher.