• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

BlueManifest

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
So now I can play halo, ori, Mario, Zelda, smash all on 1 system and be able to take all of them on the go. Sounds too good to be true

thuway

Oct 27, 2017
The one thing I don't understand is the conflict of interest created by third party software streaming where the revenue stream and quality favors the competition

Jom

Oct 25, 2017
I do wonder how much of an improvement Xcloud is going to be compared to PS Now. I mean Microsoft must have made some huge advancements to be pushing it like this.

Jan 31, 2019
Nintendo is about all that's left in the gaming industry that still brings that magic. I can't help but be disturbed by this. Please leave my Nintendo alone Microsoft.

Buzzman

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Everyone can have their own opinions.

Last edited:

SpotAnime

Dec 11, 2017
This is seriously some Art of War tactics going on here by Phil and Microsoft. I applaud them for such an aggressive move if true.

I always thought Windows would be the battleground for which Microsoft would easily win a console war. Never did I think they would position another console in this fashion. It's a chess piece move, for sure.

What this means is that Microsoft would have the biggest install base with Windows, and their FP games would be seeing release there going forward; AND they would also use a rival console to sell Xbox FP games and subscriptions. They aren't in it anymore to sell the most consoles, they are in it to sell the most software and subscriptions. Dat MAU.

wwm0nkey

Oct 25, 2017
I don't like this. MS games have a very mature style and audience. Working with Nintendo is only going to make them look kiddie.
Do you think adults would want to be seen playing Halo or COD (violent FPS shooter) on a bright-colored handheld that has pokemon?
MS should cancel this deal if they don't want to lose the mature audience to Sony.
wut? I've been playing Halo for years, gimme that shit on my PC and Switch

Oct 27, 2017
Peru
I don't like this. MS games have a very mature style and audience. Working with Nintendo is only going to make them look kiddie.
Do you think adults would want to be seen playing Halo or COD (violent FPS shooter) on a bright-colored handheld that has pokemon?
MS should cancel this deal if they don't want to lose the mature audience to Sony.
Forgot the "/s" right?

... RIGHT?!

MaulerX

Oct 30, 2017

You had me going for a second. lol

TimeFire

Avenger
Nov 26, 2017
Brazil

You got this down to an artform, man.
You almost got me

SpotAnime

Dec 11, 2017

I see your point - I too was concerned Nintendo would lose their identity with this kind of presence on their consoles. But looking at it on paper, it's a win-win for both. Microsoft gets on more hardware, Nintendo has the benefit of catering to both the Nintendo fan and the more mature MS gamer on their hardware.

statham

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
FloRida
Bravo. Well done. I believed it at first.

Dark Cloud

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Nice

Diablos

has a title.
Oct 25, 2017
MS is trying to take over the console industry if this is true.

I really hope Sony has big plans for PS5 to keep things competitive.

Oct 27, 2017
I mean, if this is a move against steaming services from Google and the like it makes quite a bit of sense.

Stream our games anywhere, but for the full 4k experience check out our home console.

Speely

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Pretty damn good. It never goes over-the-top, but it does the thing.