• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Oct 28, 2017
so will I be able to dock my switch and continue playing on my xbox?

Better yet.

Can I run my Switch to my HDMI IN port of my Xbox One and then the dock it and play it via INCEPTION?

MrConbon210

Oct 31, 2017
I think that's mainly because they blew the launch. And their first party games have been mostly okay. They never recovered this generation. Even with Game Pass.

Which is why they're using Nintendo Switch to gain a ton more subscribers to game pass and have them play all the Xbox One Exclusives they spent money on and nobody ever played.

gundamkyoukai

Oct 25, 2017
Right? Gaming is about to become better than it's ever been. What a time to be a gamer!

I mean that depends on which way you look at things .
We getting closer to everything being able to play every where but also to lower quality and less owner ship of content.
Not to mention what streaming going to mean for game design .

RedRum

Newbie Paper Plane Pilot
Oct 25, 2017
That meme always catches someone. When it does, it seems so fresh. LOL.

Kaeden

Oct 25, 2017
US
If true, I would assume that Sony would not be open to a similar deal with Microsoft, and this could greatly benefit Nintendo (whose library is missing any serious, cinematic AAA games) in that regard. It would also be a big indication that there won't really be an xbox two to compete with the PS5. Given how annoying console wars are, I wouldn't mind this one bit.
My impression is that Sony doesn't want to play nice in any way with the other 2. They simply want to do their own thing and that's all that matters to them. I mean I get that, but it would be nice if they eventually started warming to the idea of playing nice with Microsoft and Nintendo.

Valkrai

Oct 25, 2017
Microsoft/Nintendo just shot themselves in the foot.

I don't know how much the rest of you know about Japanese culture (I'm an expert), but honor and shame are huge parts of it. If you screw someone over in Japan, you bring shame to yourself, and the only way to get rid of that shame is repentance.

What this means is the japanese public, after hearing about this, is not going to want to purchase either system, nor will they purchase any of Microsoft games. This is HUGE. You can laugh all you want, But Microsoft / Nintendo has alienated an entire market with this move.
ZUeCbT5.gif

MaulerX

Oct 30, 2017
This E3 is going to have some melted asses on their chairs if Nintendo joins Phil at the Microsoft theatre to make the official announcement. This fits with Phil's comments of them going big at E3. Interesting times ahead.

Deleted member 20892

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
I don't like this. MS games have a very mature style and audience. Working with Nintendo is only going to make them look kiddie.
Do you think adults would want to be seen playing Halo or COD (violent FPS shooter) on a bright-colored handheld that has pokemon?
MS should cancel this deal if they don't want to lose the mature audience to Sony.
too obvious tbh

Skies

Oct 25, 2017
This is one of those rumors that you better have multiple legit sources backing this up before you even considering posting it. Like the blow back for MPT will be nothing compared to this. Personally, I can't even wrap my head around how this developed or how Nintendo is even humoring such an idea.

That said, I have faith in Nate and Imran. I just hope this deal doesn't hit some snag and fall through right before reveal.

RowdyReverb

Oct 25, 2017
Austin, TX
Wow, as a Gamepass subscriber and Switch owner, I could not be more hyped. Though, XCloud is going to have to be pretty robust to provide a decent experience over the Switch's WiFi

UltraMagnus

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I wonder if MS just flat out offered Nintendo a guaranteed cut of Gamer Pass/xCloud revenue. That would be nuts, but it could also be a first strike against Amazon and Google that could work out very well for MS.

Getting that Nintendo audience of potentially 100+ million Switch users gives them a definite leg up on these other services.

JayWood2010

Oct 27, 2017
I get that. But I don't think it will be enough to get them back to previous successes.
I'd be willing to bet that with game pass, xbox live, xcloud, xbox hardware, first party sales across pc+xbox, and third party sales microsoft will be making more money from the xbox division than ever before.

Deleted member 8674

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I really really like what Microsoft has been doing with its games and services. Love how open they are to collaboration and seemingly trying to get their stuff available anywhere possible. It's in stark contrast to Sony's draconian lockdowns. This would be incredible if true.

Let me guess: Microsoft is shooting themselves in the foot, and they should publicly apologize and cancel all relations with Nintendo or they can kiss their business goodbye?

Actually Nintendo is the one shocking me here. A drastic change in mindset. First cross-play and now this. Glad they changed. Now Sony is in a dark place.

Tavernade

Tavernade
Sep 18, 2018
Does game pass exist in Japan at all? Is this something that'll only effect the west if it's true?

gundamkyoukai

Oct 25, 2017
My impression is that Sony doesn't want to play nice in any way with the other 2. They simply want to do their own thing and that's all that matters to them. I mean I get that, but it would be nice if they eventually started warming to the idea of playing nice with Microsoft and Nintendo.

Right now Sony does not even want to put there AAA games day 1 on there own service .
Make sense business wise and they selling loads of hardware right now.
In few years everyone will have there service on every device and Sony will join them .

massoluk

Oct 25, 2017
Thailand
What if it's reciprocal and Miyamoto shows up on MS E3 press conference to announce Switch Online with NES games and Tetris 99 for Xbox One at $20 a year

Lord Azrael

Oct 25, 2017
Actually Nintendo is the one shocking me here. A drastic change in mindset. First cross-play and now this. Glad they changed. Now Sony is in a dark place.
Yeah, props to them too. I give a lot more credit to Microsoft for actually initiating this stuff but I'm pleasantly surprised that Nintendo is seemingly receptive to it. It's a bright future for the industry if all this stuff pans out.

Dinjoralo

Oct 25, 2017
On one hand, hooray for more games on more systems.

On the other, boo to anything that's going to try and make game streaming normalized.

Radarscope1

Oct 29, 2017
I don't buy it. I see more cross-play and Minecraft type stuff, but I'm not seeing this. Who knows, though. It's a weird time.

peppermints

Oct 25, 2017
On one hand, hooray for more games on more systems.

On the other, boo to anything that's going to try and make game streaming normalized.
Those two statements conflict with each other. Having more games on more systems (or devices - phone, tablets, PCs whatever) is being made possible by streaming. No one is going to make the jump to streaming only anytime soon.

denx

Prophet of Truth
Oct 27, 2017
If Ori is getting ported to Switch, what are the chances that Cuphead gets ported too?

itchi

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
XCloud means I could play Destiny 2 on my Switch? Am I dreaming? Is this the reality we live in?
This would be nice but in reality, what is going to happen is Destiny won't appear on any of the streaming services until Microsoft/Google/Amazon pay Activision for streaming service exclusivity rights.

John Harker

Knows things...
Oct 27, 2017
Santa Destroy
They have to prepare for google's streaming service somehow!

That said, I know more about google than this topic... as far as MS on Nintendo, no idea haven't heard

gundamkyoukai

Oct 25, 2017
This would be nice but in reality, what is going to happen is Destiny won't appear on any of the streaming services until Microsoft/Google/Amazon pay Activision for streaming service exclusivity rights.

Yep and it might not even show up right away .
Since most companies want there first month high ASP sales.

Strat

Apr 8, 2018
This seems like one of those rumors that's make or break when it comes to community trust. Go public with this stuff and it doesn't happen? Woof. I'd find a deep, DEEP....pizza filled hole to hide in.

I feel confidence in Nate, though.

Speely

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
You're not wrong. It's going to be really hard for them to see tens of millions of $500 boxes in coming years.
Not to mention that it's somehow already an out-dated model. Tech and the industry is moving very swiftly. It's very much a case of looking forward to beat the next one to the punch.

I think this is a really good look for MS. They are trying to get ahead of the next zeitgeist in gaming.