• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

X Wi77iaM X

Banned
Nov 25, 2017
Not trying to be controversial at all, but, if you do have inside information, or KNOW this list is incorrect, isn't their some sort of possible obligation as a mod/staff member to stop the spread of false information/and or correct it? Or maybe even take the list down?

Idk, not a huge fan of the vague hinting.

great point

Soony Xbone Uhh

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I think there is a big difference between having a marketing deal and some marketing deal for games claimed to come out this year.

No one talks straight here anyway.

Venom

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Manchester, UK
Microsoft doesn't have a new approach to no more generations. They were doing marketing speak about the Xbox One X, that's it. Sure, they will have some BC on the next Xbox, but nothing has really changed here. Microsoft is developing ray-tracing on PC by years end with all of the top 3D game engines and I fully expect to see some of this work on the next gen Xbox as well as Neural Network Artificial Intelligence. So, you need to stop panicking and understand that games will still evolve on the Xbox platform.
Thanks for the information. Definitely nice to hear.

Oct 26, 2017
AAA apparently. A few posters on here and back at the old place discussed it. I'l try look it up now.

Edit:
https://gamerant.com/elder-scrolls-6-bethesda-release-game/

So it looks like BGS has two new AAA games to release and it's rumoured they're creating a mobile arm as well.

Edit 2:
http://fraghero.com/bethesdas-two-unannounced-games-are-massive-just-like-fallout-4-and-skyrim/

Todd Howard also said in an interview that these games are on a bigger scale than previous games. They're both unlike they've done before but will feel like familiar BGS studio games.

Todd Howard said that there are two new IPs that Bethesda Games Studios is releasing before the next Elder Scrolls game in response to when ES6 was coming out.

Starfield is expected to be revealed during their E3 Conference this year.

Starfield is probably showcasing at bethesdas E3 this year, was rumored to be there last year, but was pulled for polish.

could see a Mobile game getting the same treatment as Vault game, but this one could be a planet / mega city level sim.

I'd say a more realistic list is

Article is UP here is the game list:

Splinter Cell

Metro Exodus

Division 2

Cyberpunk 2077

Borderlands 3

Shadow of the Tomb Raider

Anthem ( if microsoft is making a battle royal in the halo universe then it would take anthems spot imho)

Starfield

Fable

Last edited:

Deleted member 12635

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Germany
Not trying to be controversial at all, but, if you do have inside information, or KNOW this list is incorrect, isn't their some sort of possible obligation as a mod/staff member to stop the spread of false information/and or correct it? Or maybe even take the list down?

I agree. As long nobody specifically tells me what items on the list are incorrect I rather discuss the rumored list than speculating about it which games have a deal or not. Normally my reaction to such a comment would be "distraction tactics" because it is so unspecific.

Expy

Oct 26, 2017

They have no obligation to divulge information that should not be public anyway.

Twiz

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Tried to ask someone who may have info on this and all I got in response was a 'lel'
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

pswii60

Oct 27, 2017
The Milky Way
Starfield is probably showcasing at bethesdas E3 this year, was rumored to be there last year, but was pulled for polish.

could see a Mobile game getting the same treatment as Vault game, but this one could be a planet / mega city level sim.

I'd say a more realistic list is

Article is UP here is the game list:

Splinter Cell

Metro Exodus

Division 2

Cyberpunk 2077

Borderlands 3

Shadow of the Tomb Raider

Anthem ( if microsoft is making a battle royal in the halo universe then it would take anthems spot imho)

Starfield

Fable
Fable? Really? I can't see Microsoft having a marketing deal with themselves. It seems a little counterproductive.

watdaeff4

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
They have no obligation to divulge information that should not be public anyway.
Then why comment at all?

All it did was derail the thread even more especially since neither "insider" contributed anything meaningful to the discussion. The distraction tactics comment made earlier is pretty spot-on

Prologue

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Who would of thought there would be 39 pages regarding who can show footage for a Multiplatform game.

Venom

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Manchester, UK
So they've taken Division 2 out and added in ES6 and Metro and we know Metro is with MS.

Zhuge said the old list wasn't accurate and the new list is definitely not accurate.

So Division 2 isn't MS and Elder Scrolls isn't MS due to it not being released for the next 5 years. There's also one more potential game that could be false.

Expy

Oct 26, 2017
Then why comment at all?

All it did was derail the thread even more. The distraction tactics comment made earlier is pretty spot-on
To temper expectations. Now we know that the list isn't completely accurate and to be easy if this "source".

And as far as meaningful... It's more meaningful to know that the list is incorrect than pure speculation.

Deleted member 43

Account closed at user request
Banned
Oct 24, 2017
I agree. As long nobody specifically tells me what items on the list are incorrect I rather discuss the rumored list than speculating about it which games have a deal or not. Normally my reaction to such a comment would be "distraction tactics" because it is so unspecific.
No one is trying to distract anyone. The list provided is a long one, involving many partners. It's perfectly reasonable for someone to only know the truth for a certain title or titles, and therefore know if the list is altogether an accurate one or not. At the same time, someone releasing what specific title or titles are wrong would be providing anyone that was trying to uncover the identity of that person with a lot of good intel.

There is no conspiracy here, it's people doing their best to spread the information they feel comfortable with, while protecting themselves.

Deleted member 34714

User requested account closure
Banned
Nov 28, 2017
Then why comment at all?

All it did was derail the thread even more especially since neither "insider" contributed anything meaningful to the discussion. The distraction tactics comment made earlier is pretty spot-on

This thread got derailed by IGN saying fake e3 news. Also you have to atleast see that there are members or insiders most likely don't want to do it out of respect for game companies, squashing console war stuff like this is not worth it.

Dark_Chris

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Czech republic
I can see:

- Shadow of the Tomb Raider (September)
- Battlefield 5 (October)
- Starfield (November)
- Splinter Cell (December)
- Borderlands 3 (January)
- Assassin's Creed Greece (February)

- Cyberpunk 2077 (TBA)
- Anthem (TBA)

Soony Xbone Uhh

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
What's the difference?
The difference is how people state this list as correct, partially incorrect, or very incorrect.

So is it wrong and one or some games of that list have a deal with another platform.
So is it wrong and one or some games of that list have no fixed deal yet.
So is it wrong and one or some games of that list just won't be shown soon / this year.

That's what I'm talking about.

Dark Cloud

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
He doesn't have to agree though. Vagueness by insiders have been attacked on Neogaf. Lots of people don't like vagueness and they don't have to agree with your "respect for the companies".

We get leaks year after year. Even saying "yeah 3 of those games aren't MS marketing exclusives" goes some way for people. People aren't asking to name names. We know insiders and sources can get in trouble.

Fezan

Oct 26, 2017
I don't see any issues with these marketing deals. It's good for both publishers and platform holder. Why are people so upset about it unless there is exclusive content involved

OP
OP
Rychu

Rychu

Oct 25, 2017
Utah, USA
The difference is how people state this list as correct, partially incorrect, or very incorrect.

So is it wrong and one or some games of that list have a deal with another platform.
So is it wrong and one or some games of that list have no fixed deal yet.
So is it wrong and one or some games of that list just won't be shown soon / this year.

That's what I'm talking about.
ZhugeEX and Jez Corden (both reliable sources) have both stated that it's mostly correct but not 100% correct.

Deleted member 43

Account closed at user request
Banned
Oct 24, 2017
I don't see any issues with these marketing deals. It's good for both publishers and platform holder. Why are people so upset about it unless there is exclusive content involved
There is nothing wrong with it, and it's a positive sign for MS that they have gotten more aggressive in this area.

ZhugeEX

Senior Analyst at Niko Partners
Verified
Oct 24, 2017
This thread seems to have run its course.

Given the tweet by IGN and other sources in this thread it's clear that the list isn't 100% accurate.

If further information arises then feel free to create a new thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.