• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Monty Mole

Alt Account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
The problem with this is they'll show a ton of PS4 footage. I can't remember a game since The Witcher 3 where publishers haven't gone out of their way to showcase PS4 footage despite a XB marketing deal.
That's because, as far as consoles go, the PS4 footage looked better, and therefore did a better job of showcasing the game. That isn't the case anymore.

Oct 25, 2017
Curious Starfield wasn't mentioned as well, at least in the headline.
Yeah me as well. I mean it's a new IP by BGS and BGS, as much shit as it gets here on ERA, is the biggest (in terms of sales) RPG developer in the industry. And I think Starfield will sell more than Cyberpunk 2077. Yet, despite the good relationship between BGS and Microsoft, they haven't picked up the marketing rights. It feels weird. Well, unless Bethesda themselves have decided to go with Sony. Skyrim VR was a PS VR timed exclusive after all.
Clint Hocking walks on to stage at E3 to announce he's working on Chaos Theory 2.
I swear I was thinking maybe an hour ago that it'd be really cool if he directs new Splinter Cell :/

DMVfan123

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Virginia
Avengers isn't coming out this year as far as I know. They said there would be more "information in 2018" but not that it was releasing in 2018.
I knew that, I just meant in terms of being their big game that attracts a lot of buzz from their E3 presentation. Do you think they're focused on marketing games that are coming out this year, because I don't see Borderlands/Cyberpunk/Splinter Cell releasing in 2018

RexNovis

Oct 25, 2017
I guess this means they're spending their extra influx of cash this year securing marketing deals instead of investing in studios/ip. If so that's extremely disappointing but not entirely unexpected.

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, those games look right up Xbox alley. I can see it.

Anthem obviously.
Madden obviously.
Splinter cell is closely tied with Xbox
Cdpr seems close to Microsoft
Sony had bf2 last year. Only fair ms gets v.
Division 2 ms had it last time. Makes sense.

Surprised about borderlands 3. Sony gave Pitchford a platform for battleborn at PSX. Thought he'd repay the favour lol.

Last edited:

Deleted member 1185

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I guess this means they're spending their extra influx of cash this year securing marketing deals instead of investing in studios/ip. If so that's extremely disappointing but not entirely unexpected.

MS has a lot of money. Securing marketing deals will have no impact on whether or not they invest in studios/IP of their own.

kadotsu

Oct 25, 2017
Those all make sense. I could see them go far for BL3 timed exclusive DLC (similar to CoD). CP2077 they picked to get the game on the Windows store and possibly cross buy, Splinter Cell has always been heavily associated with XBOX, Madden and BFV have their PS4 counterparts in FIFA and CoD. Anthem was already confirmed and as long as it stays away from the BL3 release there is no conflict in marketing. It does not change the lack of excitement for the XBOX platform unless you are living in the US/UK and are in that group that wants high resolution but isn't a PC gamer niche. To the next 3 years of MS promising large scale investment in game studios!

FullMetalTech

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Brooklyn, New York
I guess this means a much better E3 this time around for MS. I wonder how far along are those games in development. My guess is Sony still has Call Of Duty and probably RDR2 then.

Wololo

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Nov 20, 2017
Still won't make a different imo honestly its weird they would go after cyberpunk 2077 as it will be prime on PC followed by ps5/ps4 pro.

NinjaScooter

Oct 25, 2017

I doubt the money for those things comes from the same place. This is likely part of their marketing budget.

Venom

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Manchester, UK
Battlefield V being a new numbered title doesn't line up with the rumoured WW2 setting and traditional title naming.

Otherwise I'm pretty glad MS got the deal for Cyberpunk, BFV and Borderlands 3. Even though i prefer PlayStation overall im hyped that we get to see the best versions (console) right off the bat.

khamakazee

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Microsoft will continue to push the XB1X and its power advantage but I doubt anything change as far as software sales go. Not until they start getting serious with their own output.

capnjazz

Banned
Nov 11, 2017
Byrgenwerth
I wonder if M$ would show footage running on a high end PC rather than the limited Xbox One X. It wouldn't be totally dishonest since those games are going to playable on Windows, though not directly from the Windows store.

OP
OP
Rychu

Rychu

Oct 25, 2017
Utah, USA
Battlefield V being a new numbered title doesn't line up with the rumoured WW2 setting and traditional title naming.

Otherwise I'm pretty glad MS got the deal for Cyberpunk, BFV and Borderlands 3. Even though i prefer PlayStation overall im hyped that we get to see the best versions (console) right off the bat.
The new Battlefield doesn't have a name yet. Battlefield V is just what it's been called by people so it's not confused with the old Battlefield 2, it's still in WW2.

DMVfan123

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Virginia
I wonder if Square Enix will just opt to show Avengers at their own press conference instead, they definitely have the lineup to do one this year
Warner Bros. doesn't do conferences, so I guess Rocksteady's new game will show up at Sony's presser

Memento

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Literally all of them were a given to have marketing partnership with Microsoft, except for Borderlands 3 maybe.

JarlRaven

Nov 8, 2017
Some good (if not expected) deals Microsoft got for themselves, with Cyberpunk they single handedly won E3 in terms of press conference reveals :) .

Venom

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Manchester, UK
The new Battlefield doesn't have a name yet. Battlefield V is just what it's been called by people so it's not confused with the old Battlefield 2, it's still in WW2.
Ah Good, thought that myself however as it was named like that in the OP I second guessed and jumped to a conclusion.

Looking forward to it either way as a series long Vet.

Rudiano

Banned
Nov 7, 2017
Plenty of other "rumours" to also from above

splinter-cell-dublador.jpg

khamakazee

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I wonder if M$ would show footage running on a high end PC rather than the limited Xbox One X. It wouldn't be totally dishonest since those games are going to playable on Windows, though not directly from the Windows store.

People actually still type M$. If the XB1X is limited what does that make the other consoles?

OP
OP
Rychu

Rychu

Oct 25, 2017
Utah, USA
I wonder if Square Enix will just opt to show Avengers at their own press conference instead, they definitely have the lineup to do one this year
Warner Bros. doesn't do conferences, so I guess Rocksteady's new game will show up at Sony's presser
Square Enix I can see having their own conference. If Sony is having a similar E3 conference to last year I don't see Rocksteady considering Sony had a 1 hour long conference of ALL first party games with the exception of PSVR games, COD, Destiny and Monster Hunter World.

If they do something similar, it will all be Sony first party + PSVR third party, COD, Destiny and Red Dead Redemption 2 + MAYBE a Capcom game reveal (DMC5)?

Rocksteady could still have a reveal at Microsoft without having marketing rights, or Rocksteady could also reveal it in video form right before E3 like WB did with Injustice 2.

Wololo

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Nov 20, 2017
That's because, as far as consoles go, the PS4 footage looked better, and therefore did a better job of showcasing the game. That isn't the case anymore.

You don't think there's favouritism happening in the industry. In the case of cyberpunk it will most definitely be demoed on a pc first. Then probably a ps5 devkit. I don't see a world where theyv would demo it on the One X.when CDPR has always favoured pc first.

burgerdog

Oct 27, 2017
I'll get those for my X, cool. No one is going to be surprised when those titles still end up selling more on ps4, though, right?

Ænima

Oct 27, 2017
Portugal
Only interested in Cyberpunk but was already expecting that game to have a marketing deal with MS because they did the same with Witcher 3.

Anyway maketing deals dont bother me, as long as i can play the games on the console i own.

capnjazz

Banned
Nov 11, 2017
Byrgenwerth
People actually still type M$. If the XB1X is limited what does that make the other consoles?

Sorry, used to typing M$ and I don't really see it as an insult if that's what you're implying. "What does that make other consoles?" I don't know, also limited PCs? I'm not trying to insult consoles because I also play on them but thinking games wouldn't look better on a high end PC is ridiculous. Plus, Sony and Microsoft have both been caught presenting their games on PCs and passing it off as console gameplay.

OP
OP
Rychu

Rychu

Oct 25, 2017
Utah, USA
You don't think there's favouritism happening in the industry. In the case of cyberpunk it will most definitely be demoed on a pc first. Then probably a ps5 devkit. I don't see a world where theyv would demo it on the One X.when CDPR has always favoured pc first.
Microsoft could tell them to showcase it on Xbox One X at their E3 conference. It's Microsoft's Conference not theirs.

Gifted

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
This is huge if true. I just can't see Sony giving up marketing rights to all of these titles. These are easily the most anticipated 3rd party games coming in the near future. The marketing deal with the original Destiny had the casual audience thinking the game was exclusive to PS4.

Not to mention that marketing rights often lead to timed exclusivity on DLC. I don't think this will do any long term harm to Sony's lead but still.

Oct 25, 2017
Don't give a fuck about marketing rights, but if this means we get to see Cyberpunk during MS' conference then I'm pretty happy.

Thatguy

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Seattle WA
I REALLY hope they have something to show besides marketing deals for games that will also be on PS4 day and date with XBO.

Lukas Taves

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Brazil
Saying that the X name was X is hardly an endorsement to anyone credibility.

Edit: Oh, they leaked the Recore Definitive Edition. Well then,there it is.

Status
Not open for further replies.