• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

zedox

Oct 28, 2017

h0x0d is a reliable person to get information. This makes Gold cheaper on a monthly basis (not yearly). This also references the choice that ZhugeEX talked about earlier this year.

Last edited:

Sho_Nuff82

Nov 14, 2017
But how will this impact the decline in young men having sex in the past year of their lives?

wrong forum?

ZhugeEX

Senior Analyst at Niko Partners
Verified
Oct 24, 2017
This isn't the only tier MS plans to introduce.

Rodjer

Self-requested ban.
Jan 28, 2018
It looks like Microsoft will soon introduce a new subscription package called Xbox Game Pass Ultimate. This new Xbox Game Pass Ultimate subscription package will include both Xbox Live Gold subscription and Xbox Game Pass subscription.
With Xbox Live Gold, you get multiplayer gaming, free games, game discounts, and more. With Xbox Game Pass, you get unlimited access to over 100 Xbox One and Xbox 360 games on Xbox One for one low monthly price. With new games added every month, you'll always have something new to play. Xbox Live Gold generally costs around $5 per month and Xbox Game Pass generally costs around $9.99 per month. The new Xbox Game Pass Ultimate subscription package which includes both the services will cost around $14.99 per month. Xbox Insiders who join this new subscription program can enjoy special pricing of $1 per month until general release.

mspoweruser

This is the source

Lant_War

Classic Anus Game
The Fallen
Jul 14, 2018
This is neat, but I'd rather have them copy PS Now and let you play GP games online just with your subscription.

KoopaSwitch

Banned
Jan 17, 2018
Its just the $60 a year XBL Live divided by 12 + the normal $9.99 for GamePass.

Maybe for people who don't seek out deals this is...good?

Deleted member 2254

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, this seems like the most logical step. Throw xCloud in somewhere and it becomes insane value: for 15-20 bucks per month, you can access hundreds of high quality games of all kinds (first party, "second party", third party, indies, etc.) from at least 4 generations of consoles, playable among a variety of devices (Xbox One, the next Xbox, PC, iOS and Android at least), with no compromises since you get the full game and online is included. Play Anywhere, cross-progression on many titles, and it becomes an incredibly inviting package regardless of whether you're a hardcore gamer or a newcomer.

Windu

Oct 25, 2017
isn't that the same price as both anyway? better to just buy them separate in hopes of getting better deals. unless there are more perks with ultimate.

DontHateTheBacon

Unshakable Resolve
Oct 27, 2017
If they have other tiers, that would be great. This one is just what everyone already has.

For the people who pick up Game Pass when there's a major release and then drop it until the next major release... you'd be dropping your XBL as well, so it kind of insulates Microsoft from that population of deal-seekin' consumers which is nice for them.

Tappin Brews

#TeamThierry
Oct 25, 2017
well, there it is. been waiting for this.

this will be the umbrella for streaming too i'd imagine

mclem

Oct 25, 2017
It strikes me that this could have an impact on Games With Gold; if they're actively selling merged subscriptions, it suddenly comes across as more of a raw deal if a given month's GWG titles include ones that are already established on Gamepass. Or are they perhaps already avoiding Gamepass titles with the GWG release? I don't follow it that closely.

Clive

Oct 25, 2017
Not really a good deal since Game Pass is $10/month and Gold at $5/month would equal $60 per year. It's potentially interesting if they make a 12 month offer or something though but $15 per month isn't for those who already subscribe to Gold all year around. It's no discount compared to buying 12 months of Gold and individual months of Game Pass. I guess it's useful for those who buy one month at a time though.

Last edited:

JahIthBer

Jan 27, 2018
Damn Live & Gamepass for $15 a month, makes you question why WoW, Runescape & others charge as much for 1 game.

FelipeMGM

#Skate4
Oct 25, 2017
as someone who rather sub to these things on a month by month basis, rather than yearly, this a good deal

isn't that the same price as both anyway? better to just buy them separate in hopes of getting better deals. unless there are more perks with ultimate.

yes if you sub to Live Gold for a whole year upfront, but this is monthly. If you buy 1month of Live Gold is U$9.99, so this would give you U$5 off on a monthly sub

litebrite

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
It's what I've been saying would likely happen instead of outright eliminating Xbox Live Gold as some people had suggested.

Although I liked Xbox Game Pass Gold as the name for this tier.

Oct 28, 2017
Gold should be free with Gamepass. It's insane that you require a second subscription to get the full experience of the games in your Gamepass sub.

Rosur

Oct 28, 2017
Will wait to see the Year price in the UK for this but seems a good move (probably be dropping PS+ as don't play Sony games MP).
Hope for a game pass version that includes all DLC like EA access premium.

OrdinaryPrime

Self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
It strikes me that this could have an impact on Games With Gold; if they're actively selling merged subscriptions, it suddenly comes across as more of a raw deal if a given month's GWG titles include ones that are already established on Gamepass. Or are they perhaps already avoiding Gamepass titles with the GWG release? I don't follow it that closely.

Because you can have individual subscriptions to one or the other, it certainly could be problematic to have both and have there be overlap.

I just did a spotcheck and there certainly is overlap. Both Metro 2033 and Metro Last Light were on GWG and are currently on Gamepass, at least in the US:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Games_with_Gold_games
https://www.xbox.com/en-us/xbox-game-pass/games

Deleted member 13645

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Damn, I'd definitely do that, the more subscriptions I can consolidate the better.

But I have like 2 years of gamepass lined up at this point so it might be a while before I move my subscription over.

Damn Silly

Oct 25, 2017
I would (obviously) prefer that it came with a small discount for combining the two, but this is the obvious, sensible next step from Microsoft.

Ge0force

Self-requested ban.
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Belgium
Based on what Brad sams is saying...seems that there is one for PC. I was hoping they wouldn't make a Game Pass specific to PC. Grrrr.

I'm not sure Microsoft has a choice. The games on GP are spread between different stores/launchers on pc. Also, a subscription with games focused on pc gaming has a lot more chance to succeed.

ianpm31

Oct 27, 2017
Don't think this a good deal. You can get XBL cards discounted relatively easily. It's better to stick with pass by itself

Oct 27, 2017
Its just the $60 a year XBL Live divided by 12 + the normal $9.99 for GamePass.

Maybe for people who don't seek out deals this is...good?
I'm confused isn't Gold already $5/month when you buy annually and Game pass is $10/month?

Where is the savings?
Depends. If you buy a year at 1 time it's the same price. But if you have a monthly renewing gold sub it's $10/month. Gamepass is $10/month. So instead of paying $20/month you pay $15.

So yeah if you purchase a year it's whatever but if you don't want to do that in a lump sum you end up saving Money