• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

nolifebr

Banned
Sep 1, 2018
Curitiba/BR

View: https://twitter.com/Mr_Rebs_/status/1576348983811018752

FeBRC7kXwAE2uKE

Falchion

Oct 25, 2017
Boise
Midnight Club LA was such a great game. Haven't touched it in ages so I wonder how well it would hold up.

Glasfrut

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
I know it's not from the same game but releasing a Midnight Club trailer without Real Big should be a crime...

nsilvias

Oct 25, 2017
that art is obviously fake. it has that fanmade look.

edit: i see the artist thing. but still find it hard to belieb. this better get a pc port

this really should be mc3 dub remix tho. thats the better game and ost

smocaine

Oct 30, 2019
Loved Midnight Club 2, but it's the only MC I've played.
From a quick look at YouTube, LA seems OK. Very popular game...

dodo667418

Knights of Favonius World Tour '21
Oct 28, 2017
The game still looks pretty good on Series X with the upgrade patch. I'd be all for a proper remaster in 60 FPS though! I'd really hope they license the full soundtrack again, one of the best in the racing genre. So many fun memories driving to Day N Nite Crookers remix and Nas' Hero.

FarZa17

Oct 27, 2017
Rockstar also have to re-license quite a lot of real-life brands in the game too, like those billboards, product placements and stores in the city if they really want to remaster the game...unless those are removed or replaced with some made up brands, which makes me wonder if Rockstar really bother to care about those.

Golbez

Oct 20, 2020
Man, if only. I miss Midnight Club so fucking much. MC2's soundtrack is *chef's kiss*

But I'm pretty sure MCLA was delisted at some point, then relisted again on the Xbox store. Maybe they renewed the music licenses for that?

Dukie85

Chicken Chaser
Oct 25, 2017
Playing through it on Xenia, and it's definitely a looker at higher resolution, so I may actually pick this up.

Musubi

Unshakable Resolve - Prophet of Truth
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
This would be dope because boy do I miss the days when Rockstar was more than just a GTA game factory.

hitme

Oct 26, 2017
Do it without the rubberband AI though.

It was outrageous in the original.

Skunk

Oct 28, 2017
Do it without the rubberband AI though.

It was outrageous in the original.

Yeah, the thing keeping Midnight Club (3 and LA especially) games out of my favorite racing games of all time list has always been the difficulty/AI. The games are a little tough, a little slow to progress, often have pretty long races (rough when you have to retry them), and the clearly rubberbandy AI just make them kinda sloggy. Though I did enjoy and get quite far in both 3 and LA.

LossAversion

The Merchant of ERA
Oct 28, 2017
I'd love a remaster of this game. This was one of the last arcade racers that I truly enjoyed. I can't fucking stand the physics that Need For Speed games have had for a while now. This did an open world so much better than Burnout Paradise too. And I love that it had an in-car view.

Megasoum

Oct 25, 2017
Oh that would be amazing. I loved the original game.

I kinda hope they would rebalance the difficulty a bit because the second half of the game got to be a bit ridiculously difficult.

Mau

Oct 25, 2017
Oh man Midnight Club is one of my favorite racers, would be nice if it true

Goldstick

Jun 6, 2019
Porto, Portugal
I'd really loved for this to be true, but some time ago the game was relisted on Xbox after being delisted for some time, due to licensing probably. So it is possible this post is related to that, which makes sense being from a year ago.

Saifu

Oct 27, 2017
FUCK I remember playing Midnight Club 3 DUB on the PSP so much.
I miss this so much.