• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Defect

Oct 25, 2017
People who enjoy MW2 MP are no better than Halo Reach MP fans

Garbage people, just go buy Ghosts if you want to relieve halfway decent weapon balancing that isn't strung together by fucking floss and spit-quality netcode
C'mon now, Reach is by far the worst Halo multiplayer but MW2 is alright. It's cod, I don't think anyone cares if it's balanced lol

Springy

Oct 28, 2017
Do you really want them to sell you another remastered MP mode of a game from 10 years ago (which still has active servers) in addition to the newer COD games, splitting the fan base even further?

Also consider that online players would be split btwn WW2, BO4, Infinite, MW:R, and then this MW2:Remastered in a span of 2 years.
Unless you're imagining a specific scenario with your friends group being split, there's no reason to worry about any player base splits. As has been pointed out, there are more than enough players to be divided and sub-divided and sub-sub-divided between Call of Duty games.

And MW2 on last-gen consoles is massively compromised, so "active" or not, it's not really a feasible environment for fans wanting to play it.

R.T Straker

Chicken Chaser
Oct 25, 2017

Garbage people, just go buy Ghosts if you want to relieve halfway decent weapon balancing that isn't strung together by fucking floss and spit-quality netcode

The only ''garbage'' thing here is this post.

I expected some news out out this with the recent bumps, not salt mines detached from any reality.

Silky

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Georgia
C'mon now, Reach is by far the worst Halo multiplayer but MW2 is alright. It's cod, I don't think anyone cares if it's balanced lol

Call of Duty is perfectly capable of being a balanced, competitive product within it's multiplayer. Why is it that, after MW2, MULTIPLE CoD titles managed to not have an embarrassing weapon balancing setup and still be considered successful amongst fans? The Treyarch titles (sans 3 lol), MW3, Ghosts and even WW2 from what I hear doesn't go deep into the realm of nonsense like MW2 does.

MW2 is the worst. Did it introduce things that would become popular staples in future CoD games? Sure. Is it arguably packed with some of the most memorable maps in the series? Sure but like half of them are poorly designed kill
boxes. But literally everything else in that game is packed with silly bullshit thanks to the perks/attachments in this game or genuinely questionable design choices.

Ghost305

Banned
Jan 6, 2018
Unless you're imagining a specific scenario with your friends group being split, there's no reason to worry about any player base splits. As has been pointed out, there are more than enough players to be divided and sub-divided and sub-sub-divided between Call of Duty games.

I disagree. This wouldn't just affect current COD players, it would affect everyone interested in shooters.

I'd personally hate to see a world where consumers are passing on other great online shooters just because they feel compelled to buy a second or third COD in the same year.

etta

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Releasing this game without the multiplayer would be a travesty.
But we all know Activision's greed has no moral compass so they will probably release the MP as DLC just so they can charge more for it.

JigglesBunny

Prophet of Truth
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Chicago

I know that by quoting this post I'm only giving you the attention you wanted but by god, what an absolutely embarrassing take.

Springy

Oct 28, 2017
I disagree. This wouldn't just affect current COD players, it would affect everyone interested in shooters.

I'd personally hate to see a world where consumers are passing on other great online shooters just because they feel compelled to buy a second or third COD in the same year.
I'm scratching my head trying to understand your position. Activision aren't morally bound to allow other shooters to prosper by not releasing a game that would attract players. I'd hate to see a world where individuals such as yourself can deny players entertainment because they feel they're in a position to dictate what should and should not be made and played.

Fubar

Oct 25, 2017
Call of Duty is big enough that a splintered player base would still result in large pools of players playing together anyway. And by the time they become to small to be viable, there will be new games (COD or otherwise) that will take your attention. I disagree with the argument that it is bad for players to be given more options.

New Fang

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Call of Duty is big enough that a splintered player base would still result in large pools of players playing together anyway. And by the time they become to small to be viable, there will be new games (COD or otherwise) that will take your attention. I disagree with the argument that it is bad for players to be given more options.
I was just playing BLOPS 3 on PS4 yesterday. Instant matchmaking into full TDM lobbies.

Fubar

Oct 25, 2017
I was just playing BLOPS 3 on PS4 yesterday. Instant matchmaking into full TDM lobbies.

Exactly. I am confident that I could go on (X1) Blops3, MWR, Infinite Warfare, or (360) MW, MW2, Blops and anywhere in between and still have near Instantaneous matchmaking. Only hesitation I would have with older games would be with Ghosts (as previously stated) and glitch/hacked lobbies in old games.

Playerbases for these games are massive and they have longevity. No need to be worried.

Ryuhza

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
San Diego County

Kind of a bad example. BO3 has some of the longest legs in the series, in part due to its exceptional post launch support (albeit distributed through iffy means). Just earlier last month they added a new version of an old map and a new game mode.

Last edited:

Prologue

Banned
Oct 28, 2017

Say whatever you want about the game but it has the best map package in the entire series and then some.

Ghost305

Banned
Jan 6, 2018
I'm scratching my head trying to understand your position. Activision aren't morally bound to allow other shooters to prosper by not releasing a game that would attract players. I'd hate to see a world where individuals such as yourself can deny players entertainment because they feel they're in a position to dictate what should and should not be made and played.
Who's talking about morals? This is a business. I get that.

You know what's great for consumers in a business? Competition.

Activision drastically overtaking the market with multiple COD games per year isn't good for competition (or creativity, value, etc.)

That's my point. And your final sentence reeks heavily of irony.

Springy

Oct 28, 2017

Activision drastically overtaking the market with multiple COD games per year isn't good for competition (or creativity, value, etc.)

How does fewer competing titles on the market spur competition again?

Competition is positive because it creates demand for improved products and services. I comprehend your statements as Activision offering something consumers deem a better product as a negative because it will reflect badly on its competitors' offerings. Can you clarify? Because the right answer there is for the competitors to go on to create better offerings, not diminish consumer choice.

Quakeguy

Banned
Feb 3, 2018
Only SP?

YES

fva0sWN.gif

IIFloodyII

Oct 26, 2017

What competition? Everyone has long since gave up trying to compete directly with CoD. The fact that Battlefield is seen as it's big rival should tell you that. They really don't have all that much incommon, outside of basic things.
MW2 MP would be the best competition a new CoD game has had in years. Which is probably why it'll be SP only.

Wololo

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Nov 20, 2017
Just realised this was absent from E3. And still no reveal. Wonder what happened?

Gorillaz

Oct 25, 2017
Just realised this was absent from E3. And still no reveal. Wonder what happened?
Next year is the 10th anniversary of MW2

incredibly obvious this was going to have a bigger moment next year tbh and even if it was going to be SP only with BO4 (can't see 3arc want something to distract from their release) then the MP side would be released in 2019

Oct 25, 2017
Is COD in 2019 really going to be MW4 or is that just a rumor?
There is just no possible way Activision would allow them to do something else.
Ghosts was horribly received and they ditched it,
then Infinite Warfare #s were a disaster.

Insiders have suggested MW4, loads of original IW guys have returned from Respawn.
Voice actor of Gaz/Ghost/Walcroft listed MW4 on his profile but immediately took it down and said it was a "misunderstanding"

Its pretty much guaranteed to be MW4, though who knows if its actually MW4, an MW sidestory or a COD4 prequel starring Price and Gaz(my personal hope)

monketron

Oct 27, 2017
Loved doing Spec ops in MW2 with my best mate, one of my better gaming memories, I would be gutted if it wasn't included in a remaster.

May 17, 2018
Sorry for the necrobump, but, where the hell is this game?

It hasn't even been officially announced yet by Activision. Any possibility they saw the reaction to the leaks and decided to add MP?

Mengetsu

Oct 27, 2017
Sorry for the necrobump, but, where the hell is this game?

It hasn't even been officially announced yet by Activision. Any possibility they saw the reaction to the leaks and decided to add MP?
This was most likely a bad listing that turned the community upside down. Notice all those credible people who said the game is single player only never said anything about where it is or any update. I think the game is real and will be packaged with multiplayer and the rumored MW4 game next year for the 10th anniversary of MW2.

Last edited:

ReginOfFire

Oct 29, 2017
This was most likely a bad listing that turned the community upside down. Notice all those credible people who said the game is single player never said anything about where it is or any update. I think the game is real and will be packaged with the rumored MW4 next year for the 10th anniversary of the game.

With multiplayer?

Moose

Prophet of Truth - Hero of Bowerstone
Oct 25, 2017
This would be awful. I quite enjoyed the CoD 4 campaign, but MW2's campaign was pure schlock and I was in it for the cluster fuck that was the multiplayer. Don't bother if the multiplayer isn't there.

Robert

Nov 15, 2017
I suspect it's been held back to whammy with Infinity Ward's next game. Packaging a potential MW4 with the COD4 remaster, MW2 remaster and potential MW3 remaster. Fans might not be too jazzed though if they aren't packaged with the MP, especially MW2.

BigTnaples

Oct 30, 2017
Can't wait for this. Don't really need MW3 though that would be nice. (I'd settle for BC X1X Enahancment)

MW2 is one of the best games ever made though. And MW Remastered was done so well. Really hope this is real.

Mondy

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I just find this decision so bizarre if true. So you launch Modern Warfare 1 Remastered with Multiplayer, and by all accounts it was successful, but somehow MW2 doesn't deserve the same treatment? What the fuck?

Edge

A King's Landing
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Celle, Germany

Lol, Ghosts was the last COD I've ever played. I was hyped as fuck to play the first next gen COD and the multiplayer was such a let down that it killed the series for me.

Oct 27, 2017
I just find this decision so bizarre if true. So you launch Modern Warfare 1 Remastered with Multiplayer, and by all accounts it was successful, but somehow MW2 doesn't deserve the same treatment? What the fuck?

Well, if rumours are to be believed then a few things make sense to me.

*They were planning on releasing MW2 SP-only to soften the blow that Black Ops 4 didn't have a proper campaign.
*The reception to BO4 has been surprisingly positive meaning they're no longer so worried about no campaign.
*Next year is MW2's 10 year anniversary.
*The response to no MW2 MP seems to been pretty negative so maybe they're taking the time to add it in. Delaying the release will give them an extra year to implement this.
*Infinity Ward's last 2 games have performed poorly, so launching MW2 alongside it gives the opportunity to bolster their next game.

Black Ops 4 probably doesn't need the help. Infinity Ward's next probably will.