• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

IIFloodyII

Oct 26, 2017
Activision trying to break their Infinite Warfare record of most disliked trailer I think.
People will lose their shit if it's just the campaign. My CoD friends have been begging for a MW2 Remaster too. I kinda can't wait to see their reaction, especially so when they see no MP.

Lady Bow

Nov 30, 2017
B8LxRDf.jpg

Koukalaka

Oct 28, 2017
Scotland
If they're doing this, the MP will be sold separately (or perhaps included as a pack-in with the super-duper-fuckyourwallet edition of BO4).

I remember Bobby Kotick musing years ago about the possibility of future COD games being broken up and sold as individual components (MP, SP, Zombies etc) and being slated for it at the time.

RedSwirl

Oct 25, 2017
For MP id be fine with MWR/MW2R being permanent with constant maps and maybe guns now and then.

I'd have been fine if COD4 was just an eternal live-service games on PC that just got new content every year, like Team Fortress 2 which came out at the same time and is still being played today. But console games hadn't caught up to that business model at the time, and are really only just now starting to try it.

Sky Walker

Oct 25, 2017
Raven studio not handling MW2 remaster? That's because they will handle BO4 Switch version, calling it :p.

Samsquanchewans

User Permed at their request
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
#NOTJAPAN
lol, like i said in the other thread,

Expect Activision to pull a; MODERN WARFARE 2 MULTIPLAYER EXPANSION ONLY 29.99, PLUS PRE-ORDER THE SEASON PASS NOW FOR AN EXTRA 39.99.
GET MAP PACKS 30 DAYS EARLY, ONLY ON PLAYSTATION

Raven studio not handling MW2 remaster? That's because they will handle BO4 Switch version, calling it :p.

I feel like, its either Beenox or Neversoft, we haven't heard from any of them since Ghost. Either that or High Moon.
Also, Treyarch would be the one handling the Switch port, they have a great history of supporting Nintendo platforms, afaik, they were the ones responsible for Call of Duty 4 Reflex for Wii, Black Ops 2, and Ghosts for the Wii U.

SasaBassa

Oct 25, 2017
Look, MW2 was the MvC of shooters so if there's no MP, why even make this? Hahaha No Russian isn't that great of a level.

Well at least people who like the SP will be happy. Life goes on.

Deleted member 34239

User requested account closure
Banned
Nov 24, 2017
lol, like i said in the other thread,

Expect Activision to pull a; MODERN WARFARE 2 MULTIPLAYER EXPANSION ONLY 29.99, PLUS PRE-ORDER THE SEASON PASS NOW FOR AN EXTRA 39.99.
GET MAP PACKS 30 DAYS EARLY, ONLY ON PLAYSTATION

I feel like, its either Beenox or Neversoft, we haven't heard from any of them since Ghost. Either that or High Moon.
Okay, you got me with the spoiler.

Gorillaz

Oct 25, 2017
Part of me feels they didn't like cod 4 remastered taking the shine away from IW 2 years ago.

Unless it's a code issue this is pretty much done to give all the shine to this year's cod

MP probably will be sold separately

RedRum

Newbie Paper Plane Pilot
Oct 25, 2017
MW remastered MP was shit, but I would still want a MP for MW2. There's really no point with just campaign. Especially at the price point it looked to be.

I have a feeling they are working an angle to monetize MW2 more.

SirNinja

One Winged Slayer
WHY ACTIVISION?? WHYYYYYY :(
Black Ops IIII's multiplayer likely isn't going to be as good as MW2's, but they want people playing BO4's MP anyway.

Scummy as hell, yes, but it makes sense from a business perspective. Activision doesn't care how much flak they get for this move, because they know it's going to make them more dough in the long run.

FRANKEINSTEIN

Oct 27, 2017
AZ
As someone who only dabbles in the no, I don't mind and an definitely more inclined to buy if that $25 price is real.

Now give me Blops 1 too.

Jersey_Tom

Banned
Dec 2, 2017
"We at Activision hear you, the fans, and we're excited to announce that for an extra $40 we will include MW2 multiplayer one year after we release the story, and will include 6 maps with the rest available as DLC. The 6 maps will not include Highrise or Terminal."

Nov 18, 2017
Why not ! And after we'va had the privilege to have the remastered collection with MW1, 2 and 3.
So i'll keep waiting for buying it

Heisenberg726

The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
I think if they're gonna do this, they're gonna release multiplayer in the side later on, which I don't really mind.

Best case scenario:

$20 single player now + $20 multiplayer later (with all maps)

Mengetsu

Oct 27, 2017
I hate loot boxes and such. This would be the one game I would had finally caved for and got COD points for.

NEE HEE HEE

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
This was the only Call of Duty that had actual good multi-player. Fucking pointless to release it with SP only.

Dec 15, 2017
They really should just do a complete PS3/360 campaign collection remastered, and then a best of Multiplayer package. Satisfy both sides. I'd be in for the campaigns for sure.

Mido

Oct 27, 2017
My hype has never died faster.

I have a hard time believing it. What happened to all their data that said nobody plays single player?

Dizzy Ukulele

Oct 28, 2017
MW2 was the reason I got into multiplayer. That's because the campaign was short and I didn't feel like I'd got my money's worth from it.