• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

poklane

Oct 25, 2017
the Netherlands
Via CharlieIntel: https://charlieintel.com/2018/03/21...-remastered-has-no-mp-not-developed-by-raven/

However, charlieINTEL has learned new information about Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 Remastered from source that sent us materials from a Raven Software employee indicating Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 Remastered does not have a multiplayer mode; it is a campaign only remaster, according to the material charlieINTEL was sent. We believe this information to be accurate.
In addition, the materials sent to CI stated that Raven Software is actually not developing Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 Remastered. Although Raven did develop the Modern Warfare Remastered in 2016, it does not appear they are working on this title. There are some rumors that Beenox, the team which helped Raven develop the campaign of Call of Duty 4's remaster, could be working on Modern Warfare 2 Campaign Remastered, as the studio has been on a hiring spree for Call of Duty related projects.

Update: Eurogamer sources have said this is true as well https://www.eurogamer.net/articles/...-2-remastered-is-real-doesnt-have-multiplayer
CharlieIntel also reported Modern Warfare 2 Remastered does not include multiplayer. Eurogamer sources told us this is indeed true.

Update 2: Jason Schreier (from Kotaku) also confirms this rumor (thanksBrucey for posting this)

Last edited:

New Fang

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
This would be incredibly dumb if true. For many COD fans this was the best COD multiplayer game.

Get_crazy

Oct 28, 2017
giphy.gif

R.T Straker

Chicken Chaser
Oct 25, 2017
I just want MW2 to be remade with the same graphics as MW Remastred.

The gulag mission would look so amazing.

Xer0

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
"Let's take the multiplayer out of the most popular console multiplayer franchise ever."

An astoundingly stupid idea.

Cronogear

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 27, 2017
I really don't see the point of selling a remaster of MW2 without the multiplayer. Who would buy that?

Maybe as a bonus packed in with another game?

Kyoufu

Oct 26, 2017
Makes sense that they wouldn't want to split the COD MP player base. They'd want as many people playing the game with microtransactions instead.

EvilChameleon

Oct 25, 2017
Ohio
This explains so much. And is a very dumb move. I guess they know people would just play the multiplayer and not buy Black Ops 4 or any game after that ever again.

Jawmuncher

Crisis Dino
Oct 25, 2017
Ibis Island
Makes sense to me. There's already MW1 remastered and they're getting to a point of too many people sticking to just one games MP and not always going to the newest entry.

I wouldn't be surprised if more people are playing MW1 remastered than infinity warfare for example.

TheLionsDen

Oct 27, 2017
QC/NYC
The rumored price point makes a lot more sense now.

One would be better off just getting it off Redbox for a couple days or so.

OP
OP
poklane

poklane

Oct 25, 2017
the Netherlands
It honestly makes sense to me, releasing a full MW2 Remaster in the middle of the year is a great way to ensure that WWII's playerbase and DLC sales take a huge hit and could obviously negatively impact BO4's sales. Why buy BO4 later this year if you're still having lots of fun with MW2R?

Whompa

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I enjoyed the single player far more than the multiplayer so i'm fine with that.

Platy

Oct 25, 2017
Brazil
I vastly prefer the singleplayer to the multiplayer in COD games.

That said, it makes much more sense to release a mp only remaster if you are going to take something out =P

Xer0

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
It honestly makes sense to me, releasing a full MW2 Remaster in the middle of the year is a great way to ensure that WWII's playerbase and DLC sales take a huge hit and could obviously negatively impact BO4's sales. Why buy BO4 later this year if you're still having lots of fun with MW2R?

I mean, if you aren't going to release a game that's better than an old one, why are you even bothering to develop it? That kind of thinking just makes me feel like they don't have faith in BO4.

SixelAlexiS

Oct 27, 2017
Italy
Good, MW2 single player is the best CoD evah, and the MP is actually the first one that ruined the MP of the series with all that crap.

p.s. damn if the Platinum was hard, and I played the co-op TWO times, one online with a friend and another time in split screen with my brother :0

ShinUltramanJ

Oct 27, 2017
Seems like this will be a bonus in a bundle with Blops 4. Makes sense that there's no multiplayer included as they want you playing the new multiplayer.

RedSwirl

Oct 25, 2017
Makes sense. Maybe they don't wanna split the multipalyer player base between that and this year's COD multiplayer. It would make even more sense if MW2R, like MWR, was at least initially launched packaged with this year's COD.

You gotta think of it in terms of live-service games. Activision doesn't want two competing, very similar live-service games in the same year. At this point the campaign is basically just a single piece of content in the live service. Making a COD game with just one MP mode but more than one story campaign makes sense if you ask me.

Mass Effect

One Winged Slayer
Oct 31, 2017
I did love that Burger King level ...

oh boy! time to bring back this oldie!

SGT-FOLEY-RAMIREZ-DO-EVERYTHING.jpg

This would be incredibly dumb if true. For many COD fans this was the best COD multiplayer game.

I never understood why. The game is a hilariously unbalanced mess. From zero-recoil weapons, to one man army, to tac knives, to heartbeat sensor, to akimbo shotguns. It was ridiculous.

Or maybe that's precisely why? Admittedly, it was fun running around with troll loadouts.

Deleted member 4260

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Tbh they probably would've ruined it with microtransactions like they did with MWR

And they probably would've made you rebuy the map packs. Again.