• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Deleted member 59955

User requested account closure
Banned
Sep 14, 2019
twitter.com

Okami on Twitter

“Modern Warfare Remastered is releasing this year, with multiplayer #ModernWarfare #MW2R @TheGamingRevo2”

According to Okami, MW2R is coming later this year with multiplayer. Okami leaked news about Gunfight's Alpha before it was announced. So he's reliable. He's also been leaking info for COD Warzone. This info also lines up with Activision saying they have multiple classic remasters coming later this year. But they won't talk about them until we're closer to the release.

Plasma

Oct 25, 2017
Nice I was wondering what happened to that, it's been ages since it got rated.

BoredLemon

Nov 11, 2017
There definitely will be people who'll buy MW2 Remastered thinking it's sequel to Modern Warfare 2019 Reboot lmao

Potterson

Oct 28, 2017
It would be wise to just launch this remaster and let Treyarch work for another year on new Black Ops.

Also, yeah, lol - I wonder how confused some people will be.

Castamere

Oct 26, 2017
That's probably why it was delayed. Someone decided it would originally be Blops4 SP campaign, then someone slapped them straight in the face, so they delayed it for multiplayer.

Edgar

User requested ban
Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Man I cant wait to replay mw2 campaign with updated visuals. Hopefully its a bit better than mw1 remaster. since i had some issues with some of the visual choices and especially music not being as loud

May 17, 2018
If it ever comes out, it was good for them to delay it and add multiplayer cause it would have been such a bad idea to just release the campaign.

JaseC64

Enlightened
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Strong Island NY
Yo. If they have Spec Ops mode back. OMG. The Juggernaut was the best thing they introduced. I think that's the name of the mode.

Anyways one of the best gaming experiences getting all stars on Spec Ops via online play. This was back early on the PSN days so it was wild. No mic and had to rely sending quick messages to my partner to cover his ass to save his life behind some counter while being blasted by 20 enemies.

RoKKeR

Oct 25, 2017
I'd be pumped, but honestly the MW MP has more than made up for years of missed CoD MP for me. It has its hooks on me and it feels classic to some degree. Really been enjoying it.

criteriondog

I like the chili style
Oct 26, 2017
Why would they do this after the success of MW and even bringing MW2 maps to MW?

But I will definitely buy this if true. MW2 MP is the best cod MP, then black ops 1.

DJwest

Oct 26, 2017
Yo. If they have Spec Ops mode back. OMG. The Juggernaut was the best thing they introduced. I think that's the name of the mode.

Anyways one of the best gaming experiences getting all stars on Spec Ops via online play. This was back early on the PSN days so it was wild. No mic and had to rely sending quick messages to my partner to cover his ass to save his life behind some counter while being blasted by 20 enemies.
Spec Ops was absolutely amazing

It's an annual rumor like re2remake back in the day.

We know it is possibly in development but I guess they're waiting for the right time.

Perhaps this year is plausible due to the next gen consoles allowing us to have a launch similar to CoD: Ghosts (PS3/4) version side by side.

I would love to play 2 and 3 remaster again. 1 was exceptionally well done.

Fatmanp

Oct 27, 2017
TheGamingRevolution (The guy who leaked pretty much everything about MW 2019) said that it was finished and ready last year they just held off. If I were a betting man I would say they held it back because they don't think 3arc will be able to get onto a two year cycle as Sledgehammer were taken off of the lead dev role for 2020 almost immediately after Blops 4 came out.

Brucey

Jan 2, 2018
Would they dare rebalance the game? People looking at it nostalgically would be pissed. but if mw2 was a brand new game launching today people would throw tantrums over how unfair it can be lol.

Kalentan

Oct 25, 2017
I doubt it.

Despite issues CoD 2020 is coming this year.

Modern Warfare 2019 has been seeing better active numbers for them AND getting a F2P BR mode... Feels like they risk putting out too much.

Deleted member 10314

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
You know what made this game special for me? Booster hunting. Once I discovered that, I was a man on a mission trying to find and disrupt them.
I really hope that's a thing in this remaster.

Here's the guy who made this a thing in action, Sandy Ravage.

Star-Lord

Oct 25, 2017
twitter.com

Okami on Twitter

“Modern Warfare Remastered is releasing this year, with multiplayer #ModernWarfare #MW2R @TheGamingRevo2”

According to Okami, MW2R is coming later this year with multiplayer. Okami leaked news about Gunfight's Alpha before it was announced. So he's reliable. He's also been leaking info for COD Warzone. This info also lines up with Activision saying they have multiple classic remasters coming later this year. But they won't talk about them until we're closer to the release.
Nah I don't believe it, why would they release a remaster of 2 when they just released the reboot modern warfare last year. Also this rumour happened last year too.

JigglesBunny

Prophet of Truth
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Chicago
Skeptical but if true, I'd be set for my Call of Duty needs for a long time and I could comfortably delete MW 2019.

Chunchun

Jun 9, 2019
There is no way they release MW2R. They just released MW 2019 with a new timeline, and knowing Activision, they will keep it up with new MW2 with that timeline. MW2R will just confuse players.

OP
OP

Deleted member 59955

Banned
Sep 14, 2019
Nah I don't believe it, why would they release a remaster of 2 when they just released the reboot modern warfare last year. Also this rumour happened last year too.

It's already been made though? Why would they just not release it? That's like sitting on a pile of money and being like "Nah I don't want that".

Deleted member 30681

user requested account closure
Banned
Nov 4, 2017
I have to wonder if this is coming and being viewed as a band-aid fix to inevitable mixed reception to the main Cod this year. That's how I felt about Cod 4 in relation to Infinite Warfare, with the community at the time being absolutely sick of the movement system and just the futuristic setting in general.

Just kinda makes me more curious to see what Cod 2020 is given what we know about how much of a mess it's been dev wise.

Kalentan

Oct 25, 2017
They're also putting MW2 maps into MW 2019...

Yeah. This would literally be them cannibalizing their playerbase and has the adverse affect of releasing 2 modern games (even if one is a remaster) too close to each other, on top of the fact that the new IW game will likely also be Modern. It could make people get burn out again.

Deleted member 61469

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Nov 17, 2019
You know what made this game special for me? Booster hunting. Once I discovered that, I was a man on a mission trying to find and disrupt them.

Damn. He linked his justin tv on that video. I feel old as fuck now.

Deleted member 61469

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Nov 17, 2019

Damn. He linked his justin tv on that video. I feel old as fuck now.

Oct 26, 2017
Fingers crossed for a Switch version. It's the only one of that era that skipped Wii since we got MW1 in its place. Sad that they didn't just give us MW2 on Wii in 2011 in place of MW3 which was a stinker everywhere IIRC.

Deleted member 2254

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Can't wait for people to realize how broken and unbalanced that game was. Mind, like many, I've had my fun with it, but Black Ops 2 already destroyed it in terms of balance, map design and general playability. That's the one they should go back to.

Damn Silly

Oct 25, 2017
If it's true, I hope the MP remains absolutely as broken in 100 different ways as it was before.