• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Carian Knight

Oct 27, 2017
Turkey
FCfmEKEXIAEsUS5

As usual, take everything with a grain of salt.

There is a long list of tweets so I'll just link the leaker's Twitter account.

Some headlines;

-Massive hirings for critical positions from the studios like DICE, Rockstar, Santa Monica, Naughty Dog, Respawn.

-Campaign inspired by movies like Sicario, Traffic, No Country for Old Men.

-Assumed to receive a rating 'M' for MATURE with Blood and Gore, Intense Violence, Strong Language, Suggestive Themes, Use of Drugs, In-Game Content Purchases, and Users Interact.

-Focus on state of the art weapon realism and dynamics.

-Campaign features an advanced moral system that affects how the character reacts to situations.

-Gun jamming mechanics in singleplayer modes.

-P.T. inspired mode to replace Special Ops.

Last edited:

Deleted member 93062

Account closed at user request
Banned
Mar 4, 2021
Modern Warfare brought me back to COD since BO3. MW2 should bring me right back after BOCW and Vanguard. I have faith in Infinity Ward.

Truly Gargantuan

Still doesn't have a tag :'(
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
What does a P.T. like survival mode mean? That phrase makes 0 sense to me.
Is it P.T. like cause we're stuck in a house?
Is it horror focused?
Is it a walking simulator with no guns?

Kinthey

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Those are some good inspirations. Call of Duty always felt strongest when it turned movie scenes playable.

No idea what a P.T. like survival mode is supposed to look like in a FPS though. Like a big part of P.T. was that you can't defend yourself against anything

Tora

The Enlightened Wise Ones
Jun 17, 2018
Love the modern warfare series really don't bother with any other COD. Hope it's current gen only.
Considering it's a 2022 game, it might go down the route of Black ops 3 where the last gen version was pretty gutted in terms of content

But, pandemic and all that so...

Oct 27, 2017
Sounds pretty good. I hope they continue to lean more into hardcore/sim-like weapon mechanics. Games that do have become pretty popular (Tarkov, Insurgency, Squad, etc) but nothing really in the AAA space. MW 2019 was a pretty good step in the right direction compared to how CoD normally is, and it sounds like they're gonna take it even further.

DarrenM

Oct 28, 2017
MW 2019 was the best CoD in years, I stopped buying the games after MW3. MW2 sounds interesting, apart from the gun jams. Activision needs to stop making the actually booting the game so convoluted, with warzone and promoting the next upcoming game. By the time Cold War launched, you had to scroll to find the game you actually owned.

Cold War and Vanguard played awful in the betas, zero interest in those games.

Kalentan

Oct 25, 2017

I feel like Tom has been pretty accurate when it comes to CoD leaks, so I'm interested to see if his report matches up.

I'm always a little cautious of people on new accounts posting leaks.

HiLife

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Bullet jamming. They just keep adding silly things to the formula, but not surprised considering they added doors. I expect to see no health regen and limb damage by MW3.

LycanXIII

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
This is a brand new account with 88 followers. Why are they being shared?
Also, every single Call of Duty is rated M for those reasons.

Lobster Roll

signature-less, now and forever
Sep 24, 2019
Gotta admit that I've been sour on Modern Warfare lately, but if the next one is strictly next-gen only and delivers on these lofty promises that I'll give it a look.

trashbandit

Dec 19, 2019
I appreciate a good jamming mechanic, but it's easy to fuck up and I'm skeptical it'll work in a game like CoD.

modiz

Oct 8, 2018
And why should we trust a twtter account who's entire tweeting history is just talking about developers moving to infinity ward?

Bardeh

Jun 15, 2018
If IW can make a worth followup to MW19, I'll be there day one. Cold War left me cold (heh) and Vanguard likewise has absolutely no appeal to me. MW19 was (and still is) an absolutely fantastic game.

Oct 27, 2017
So the survival mode will be a tacked on third mode to feed into warzone? Cause that's all warzone was pretty much. Horrible ass mode.

BubbaKrumpz

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Yay Area
MW 2019 campaign was cool but the online was abysmal apart from the great gun customization and movement. Map design and shit SBMM ruined that game quick. I like these rumors but we'll see what comes out.

SolidSnakex

Oct 25, 2017
P.T like means absolutely zero without any context

As ApeEscaper mentioned above, it seems more likely that they're going to turn Clean House into a multiplayer mode. That all takes place in a very confined space like PT. Something like that makes more sense than there being an actual PT-like mode given that it'd make no sense for a military shooter.

JigglesBunny

Prophet of Truth
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Chicago
Experience the horrors of war as you watch a player in a $25 Ghostface skin gurgle on his own blood as he calls out for his mother.

Syntsui

Oct 25, 2017
It feels like it will be the first CoD they give a fuck about, where they will really put all their efforts to be as great as possible since MW 2019.

Vanguard looks and feels like a throwaway that they are aware is shit but they have to release an anual project.

Teeth

Nov 4, 2017
Maybe they mean a Planescape Torment inspired mode where you wade through thousands of pages of text to find out you were really the monster all along.

scitek

Oct 27, 2017
I'm done buying anything from Activision, especially since their single-player content on PC is infested with always-online DRM.

etta

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Eh, I prefer the Iraq setting but MW2019 faux-Iraq was terrible. The original felt more authentic.

Let's see how it pans out.

Rocketz

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
Metro Detroit
I'm sorry can someone tell me if this is someone with any legit credibility.

Because an account that just started tweeting 10 days ago only about this doesn't scream real to me.