• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Deleted member 59955

User requested account closure
Banned
Sep 14, 2019

Twitter / Account Suspended

From breaking news and entertainment to sports and politics, get the full story with all the live commentary.

The Gaming Revolution has been told that MW will become a best of type Modern Warfare game. There's 60 maps in the works for the game including MW2 fan favorites. TGR has also heard that MW3 Remastered has also been finished. Activision decided to cancel the MP for MW2R so they wouldn't split the fanbase.

"I was told that they're planning on making Modern Warfare a "best of" modern warfare game and there's around 60, yes that's right, 60 multiplayer maps in the works for modern warfare right now that will mainly be remasters of fan favourites from the trilogy."

From breaking news and entertainment to sports and politics, get the full story with all the live commentary.

"As far as I'm aware, even though Modern Warfare 2 remastered multiplayer was finished a while ago, not all the maps will be coming to modern warfare and just the majority of favorites."

He's also heard that MP may come at one point and that it's not completely lost yet.

TGR has been releasing MW2R gameplay if you're interested.

Cake Boss

Oct 25, 2017
Urgghhh. They create the shittiest COD MP since Ghosts and now gonna be using it for remastering classic maps smh.

JimJamJones

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Urgghhh. They create the shittiest COD MP since Ghosts and now gonna be using it for remastering classic maps smh.
giphy.gif

Kalor

Resettlement Advisor
Oct 25, 2017
Wonder if this means BO5 ends up getting delayed. Everything feels primed for it between MW support looking more long term, Warzone being standalone then also releasing the MW2 campaign. The real problem is what the file size is going to be if they continue.

Cake Boss

Oct 25, 2017
God I hope BO doesn't get delayed. Save us Treyarch.

would be awesome if they did the same with BO5 and have classic BO1&2 maps in it.

Nintendo

Prophet of Regret
Oct 27, 2017
I hope they support this game for years. I'm tired of annual releases.

CloseTalker

Oct 25, 2017
Hmm, that's really exciting, but it doesn't make total sense if we're still assuming a new COD is releasing this fall.

Deleted member 17402

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
The gameplay itself isnt shit. I think the main problem with MW MP is some of the map's design. I really believe that if they keep the design of classic CoD map's it will be a blast.
My issue with the game stems from the insanely low time-to-kill and a hyper-realistic visual design that makes it fucking hard to distinguish environmental items and players. Everything is too god damn real looking. Forget the light adjustment when entering indoors or tunnels. The "realism" kills it for me.

BrickArts295

GOTY Tracking Thread Master
Oct 26, 2017
Damn it, knew I should have kept my copy. But I barely played the MP so its not a big deal.

jon bones

Oct 25, 2017
NYC
Modern Warfare continues to impress with how robust this package is. MP feels so good, and I'd love a ton more maps added over time!

Really glad I picked it up digitally. Honestly
makes me want to buy some nice skins, knowing I'll be playing this for a long time.

Oct 27, 2017
I'm excited to see the file size after all that.
im pretty sure its the biggest game size wise game on console already lol... they tryna for half a tb game size

would be awesome if they did the same with BO5 and have classic BO1&2 maps in it.
wasnt Treyarch the one that needed "saving" i thought the next cod was in a bad state until IW took over... a blops remaster sounds like POOP Vietnam era makes such a boring fps game..

Zombine

Oct 25, 2017
Arguably the best modern COD. They even fixed the grind that was present in season 1 with all the challenges.

That gunplay is butter. It's just a really good console shooter experience like Halo 5.

RoKKeR

Oct 25, 2017
Would be so fucking cool... he'll they should skip CoD this year MW has so much going for it.

Deleted member 2254

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017

You're unpopular with this, but you're not wrong. It's got the worst TTK, the worst balance yet, a horrible claymore abuse, it eliminated years of finetuning (eg. ghost only working when moving, corners usually having objects in them to avoid hiding in corners, etc.), and it was all underlined by the worst maps the franchise may have ever seen, at least in the last decade surely (maybe 3 and WAW had some of those big maps that didn't really flow). They nailed the movement and most of the new animations, plus shooting feels good, but so many bad design decisions ruined the game to me, dropped it faster than WW2 or Advanced Warfare.

If they want to turn this game into a "best of" experience, they should work on having a good balance first. Mind, MW1-3 had a questionable balance too, but everything was stupidly OP and at least there were easy-ish counters to streaks, claymores and whatnot. MW19 is the festival of cheap kills, unsatisfying both when you're doing them and when you're on the receiving end. An unfun experience all around, far worse than the much criticized BO4 which was a mess in terms of game design but it was balanced and finetuned to death.

I wonder if this means Activision is moving away from yearly CODs? It's clear they are having issues delivering a game every 12 months nowadays, as shown by the troubles at Treyarch and Sledgehammer, but also how Modern Warfare launched with a half-assed Spec Ops and not enough multiplayer content. If Modern Warfare becomes a best of the subfranchise, while Black Ops 2020 (2021?) becomes a best of Treyarch's side, they can make the games live a few years longer, even as parallel and connected titles. With Warzone being F2P, I assume that's not something they're retiring come November either, so it's clear they have longer plans this time around. Interesting in any case.

VeePs

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
If they're putting this much support behind MW, it may genuinely be possible Black Ops 5 gets pushed back
Wonder if this means BO5 ends up getting delayed. Everything feels primed for it between MW support looking more long term, Warzone being standalone then also releasing the MW2 campaign. The real problem is what the file size is going to be if they continue.

Would be fantastic if they just go all in on this for another year, and deliver a next-gen patch or something. Re-release the game with MW2 and MW3 campaign during the holidays, advertise Warzone, etc etc.

I really think Black Ops 5 will benefit from a one year delay.

The first reason being, they basically had to push the game up a full year:

www.resetera.com

Jason Schreier: Call of Duty 2020 no longer being developed by Sledgehammer Games/Raven. New Black Ops by Treyarch instead and FTP talks

From the article: EDIT: Free to play model also potentially happening. QUOTE]"Internally, Activision executives have started to talk about embracing free-to-play as a revenue model—once anathema to the publisher—and, three sources say, are looking into offering a free-to-play component for...

Yes, they will most likely be using assets from the canceled Call of Duty game... but still man :/. They have a very short time to create a CoD game, and I'm sure devs there are crunching right now.

Then its possible there's some weirdness going on at Treyarch:

www.resetera.com

Treyarch dev David Vonderhaar asked to step down from Call of Duty franchise (UP: Twitter account deleted)

In a bizarre turn of events, David Vonderhaar (a lead developer at Treyarch and face of Blackout and Call of Duty e-Sports) has apparently been asked to step down from Call of Duty and he may be leaving Treyarch. What prompted this is currently unclear but David has announced it himself via a...

www.resetera.com

Jason Blundell Announces Departure From Treyarch

https://twitter.com/Treyarch/status/1233512200859463680 Jason Blundell was the director of all Black Ops campaigns and the zombies modes for BO3 and BO4. He also directed Mob of The Dead and Origins along with creating Pack a Punch and Teleporters.

I just think a extra year would help the studio, and their vision for Black Ops 5 a lot.

Force_XXI

Oct 29, 2017
Release a new entry every year for a decade plus then pull the "we don't want to split the player base". Wish this was the plan around BLOPS2 time, the GOAT COD

defaltoption

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Austin
While thats really cool and I'd always wanted all the maps to be together I want MW2 multiplayer more, I like the reboot but nothing beats the feel of MW2 and you wont just get that from the maps. MW3 is kind of a wash anyway and we already have MW1 remastered.

I do really like all maps being together though I used to tell my friends years ago that I think its crazy these games come out every year and dont offer a map pack that includes old maps, this was back during the MW2 and Black Ops days when map packs were a thing. Its like they just go to waste.

poklane

Oct 25, 2017
the Netherlands
Wasn't there an interview pre-launch where one of the devs specifically said the game wouldn't be/become a best of MW game? I feel like they did but can't find it.
nah . this is by far the best cod pvp is 10 years... fuck all that stupid ass wall running jumpy jumpy gameplay with fake made up guns.... blops has always sucked...
Opinions, I fucking despise everything about it and if they could I'd like them to release BO5 tomorrow. Bought all mainline CoD games starting with MW2 at launch but hated this shit so much I couldn't even play through the entirety of the beta. I'm basically hoping Treyarch will look at all the changes IW made and throw them out of the fucking window.

FeD

Oct 25, 2017
Khandor Hideout is really damn good. So I hope they also do some new maps.

HiLife

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I still don't like how the TTK feels coming from BLOPS4.

But maps were a HUGE issue. If they bring back classics and phase out 2019 I might be able to deal with the insta-melts for the sake of nostalgia.

cb1115

Oct 25, 2017
hopefully these maps will gradually phase out the bad original maps in the base game. Piccadilly...your time has come.

If they're putting this much support behind MW, it may genuinely be possible Black Ops 5 gets pushed back
doing this and patching Series X and PS5 support into MW2019 would be really smart

Cake Boss

Oct 25, 2017

The only people that like this game are noobs or ppl that sucked at COD games, and people that hated or didn't play COD before. It's not a cod game and it doesn't stand for anything that made cod popular. It's slow, boring, has no flow, perks balance non existent, campy maps and campy play style encouraged, killstreaks in objective game modes, high skill based matchmaking, mini map ruined, killstreaks useless etc. Good for the people that enjoy it but it ain't COD. It's like a shitty hybrid version of Rainbow Six, COD and Battlefield with sweaty MLG lobbies

Last edited:

HiLife

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017

I haven't liked anything since BLOPS2, until BLOPS4. And then I HATED MW. So I kinda agree to a point because I couldn't stand any of them for a long time...Sledgehammer, IW and 3arc.

OP
OP

Deleted member 59955

Banned
Sep 14, 2019
The only people that like this game are noobs or ppl that sucked at COD games, and people that hated or didn't play COD before. It's not a cod game and it doesn't stand for anything that made cod popular. It's slow, boring, has no flow, campy maps, high skill based matchmaking, mini map ruined, killstreaks useless etc. Good for the people that enjoy it but it ain't COD. It's like a shitty hybrid version of Rainbow Six, COD and Battlefield with sweaty MLG lobbies

"If you like something I don't like or if you have a different opinion then me then you are a noob."

Please. Get out of here with that attitude.

Mr_DyZ

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Jun 12, 2019

I'd argue MW is as close as we've gotten to the gun play in the CoD4/MW2.

The low TTK is definitely a point of contention, but the guns feel oh so good.