• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Apr 27, 2018

I wonder if this has any merit or legitimacy, because the leaker has been right in the past in regards to God of War 2 coming out in 2021.

Sep 7, 2020
Well wasn't the "rumor" that we would see Silent Hills at TGAs next month? I am skeptical but who knows, I often tend to not believe most "insiders" unless they have a pretty good reputation like Shinobi, Nibel, etc.

ILikeFeet

DF Deet Master
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
mrbones.jpg

Razgriz417

Oct 25, 2017
moore's law throws everything at the wall hoping something sticks, least when it comes with pc hardware...i wouldnt put too much faith in this

Serene

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
This dude doesn't know shit. All his "leaks" about the Ampere stuff were garbage.

EinBear

Oct 27, 2017
A remake of MGS seems like a fairly safe bet at some point, given how in vogue those sorts of things are at the minute. You don't need to be an 'insider' to guess that.

Silent Hills/PT being resurrected has got no fucking chance though.

Oct 27, 2017
I hope so. There's a ton of smoke on this with multiple rumors. I think earlier rumor was MGS remake with an HD Collection rerelease right? That would be great. Hoping for something at VGAs since MGS has a history there but not holding my breath

MeepMerp

Alt Account
May 2, 2020
Disappointing if true. Metal Gear deserves a lasting PC legacy, not to be locked to a console. Same goes for Silent Hill.

Tusken77

Oct 27, 2017
England, United Kingdom
Yep, just listened. The PS5 exclusives chat starts here...

Metal Gear Solid remake made by Bluepoint. In development for three years. Mark Cerny involved. Big demos ready. MGSV controls.

Deleted member 15395

Unshakable Resolve
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Was anything he said ever confirmed? I remember this guy popped up before the 3080 was revealed but I don't recall if anything he said checked out. At any rate, we have sources that have been validated by mods that specifically mentioned Silent Hills was no longer happening (as opposed to the new Silent Hill game).

Raigor

May 14, 2020
Fucking lol

Using God of War "leak" to prove his credibility is so dumb, everyone knew God of War 2 is coming, come on now lol (especially if you played and finished the game and returned to the house)

Dust

C H A O S
Oct 25, 2017
Is this person reputable tho?
I am all in for SOMEONE saving Konami IPs, exclusive or not, but I don't think this random Youtuber knows anything.

Lepi

Mar 24, 2020
Doesn't sound like a reliable source and it's just recycling old rumours anyway. An MGS1 remake is a waste of time either way, nothing wrong with it the way it is.

Secretofmateria

User requested ban
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I dont want an mgs remake (i want a new one, that actually feels like a metal gear game, unlike v)

Status
Not open for further replies.