• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

SolidSnakex

Oct 25, 2017
On one hand, there are some obvious omissions that are otherwise almost certain to be on the roster. But maybe Kronika won't get an achievement if she's like an unlockable boss character?

And I could totally see NetherRealm intentionally withholding Reptile, Kitana, Goro, Cyrax/Sektor for DLC packs.

They've actually confirmed that Kronika isn't going to be playable. That'll allow them to make her really OP since they won't need to balance her for competitive play.

CrocodileGrin

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Jade! Omg omg omg omg....
28CR1IW.gif

lucebuce

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Pakistan
Wow, I can't believe *insert character who's name hasn't been mentioned in over a decade* isn't in.

Thanks Ed Boon, I'm not buying your trash game.

2shd

Oct 25, 2017
On one hand, there are some obvious omissions that are otherwise almost certain to be on the roster. But maybe Kronika won't get an achievement if she's like an unlockable boss character?

And I could totally see NetherRealm intentionally withholding Reptile, Kitana, Goro, Cyrax/Sektor for DLC packs.

I don't think it's that, exactly. Just too many characters to squeeze into a 25-fighter roster. Once they have the obligatory newcomers and some of the MKX characters back, there are just too many must-haves to get them all in.

It seems like the ideal roster for a lot of people would just be the MK9 roster, but NRS doesn't roll like that. I do wish they would start bumping their base roster up to maybe 30.

Last edited:

Bog

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
What if Ter is not Terminator

Looks up Wiki to check

Nimbus Terrafaux

Nimbus Terrafaux was rumored to be a playable character (a kickboxer) in the first Mortal Kombat game as an unlockable secret character. It was later revealed as a creation of Electronic Gaming Monthly as part of an April Fool's Day joke, though Ed Boon had originally hinted at the character in an interview with the magazine, which then intentionally published false information on this character, complete with doctored screenshots and a fabricated storyline. The character was included in Game Revolution's list of "Top 10 Old School Mortal Kombat Characters" in 2011.

Yeah, that's not a thing.

Kalentan

Oct 25, 2017
She's in. Despite the thread title implying otherwise, not all of the characters in the game are listed here.

Pretty sure Johnny Cage was spotted in the background of the Behind the scenes video they released. It wasn't specifically the instance of him appearing in the background of that one stage but it showed him up close like in the character selection screen.

So yeah between that and the Kitana in the menu it's very likely this isn't the full roster.

Normal

Oct 26, 2017
No such thing as a Shotgun Jacqui. There's only one variation of her and it's full auto.

Cokomon

One Winged Slayer
Nov 11, 2017
For people wondering what the full rumored roster is, this was posted over on the main MK11 thread:
Interesting! So this is our potential roster:

1. Scorpion
  2. Raiden
  3. Sub-Zero
  4. Baraka
  5. Sonya
  6. Skarlet
  7. Geras
  8. Kano
  9. Kabal
  10. D'Vorah
  11. Liu Kang
  12. Kung Lao
  13. Kitana
  14. Cassie Cage
  15. Rain
  16. Noob Saibot
  17. Johnny Cage
  18. Erron Black
  19. Jade
  20. Frost
  21. Kotal Kahn
  22. Jacqui
  23. "Kol"
  24. "Cet"
  25. "Ter"
  26. Shao Kahn
I'm glad we're getting a few other new characters after all.
This is also based on other leaks, like Johnny Cage in the development video, and Rain appearing in both the menu and in SonicFox's profile.

blacklotus

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Battle Royale Mortal Kombat with all characters from all games where everytime you meet a player you just duel till one dies.

:o

TheGamingNewsGuy

One Winged Slayer
Nov 5, 2017
What if Ter is not Terminator

Looks up Wiki to check

Nimbus Terrafaux

Nimbus Terrafaux was rumored to be a playable character (a kickboxer) in the first Mortal Kombat game as an unlockable secret character. It was later revealed as a creation of Electronic Gaming Monthly as part of an April Fool's Day joke, though Ed Boon had originally hinted at the character in an interview with the magazine, which then intentionally published false information on this character, complete with doctored screenshots and a fabricated storyline. The character was included in Game Revolution's list of "Top 10 Old School Mortal Kombat Characters" in 2011.
That's likely not the case - if it was then he would be NIM

Araujo

Banned
Dec 5, 2017
Terminator would only work if it was the T-1000 , Arnold would be WAY to slow for MK, it would have to be Slower than fucking Jason.