[RUMOR]: MVCI Update in development, to be rebranded as "Marvel Vs. Capcom 4"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oct 25, 2017
Indiana, USA
This is coming from Vergeben, so take with a load of salt. However, on the offset chance this turns out to be true, here it is.

Vergeben has been adamant before about MVCI not getting an update in the past, so seeing him take a complete 180 is interesting to me. Again, take this stuff with salt. But I would be more than happy with MVC not being dead forever.

Oct 25, 2017
Vergeben hasn't been proven wrong with his Smash leaks so far. For the people who really enjoy MvCi I really hope this is real.

Oct 28, 2017
The Gold Edition thing with Street Fighter V, along with AE, and all the new characters, was a great idea that got a LOT of people back in, so this would be the only way to fix it. And it would work, too. I hope it's true.

Oct 27, 2017
They’re going to have to put a looooot of work into this. They may as well make a new game.

Even then, in terms of superhero fighters, injustice is so far ahead of marvel vs Capcom that it’s unreal.

Jahranimo

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Proabably take the basis and fix everything else. Even the graphics probably be overhauled
Yeah like an overhaul isn't impossible really. Probably should wait another full year before showing anything about this IF real though.

Oct 31, 2017
If Capcom actually manages to pull a FFXIV with this game, I think they'll probably go down as the best publisher of this gen with the way things are going.

JEH

Oct 25, 2017
Vergeben is more miss than hit. And with capcom he’s been all miss. He either has flat out wrong info or edits his info to match real leakers later on.

Oct 27, 2017
I am all in for this, I pray to god it happens, and we get some updated costumes for characters (Dante's DMC5 costume) and Marvel's mcu costumes.

Oct 27, 2017
The last marvel game to pull a rebranding was Marvel Heroes Omega... we know how that turned out.

Best of luck to them but I think the right way to make a "hail mary patch" like this one is to go straight to the community with a mea culpa and ask them directly what needs to happen, and iterate on that.

Oct 27, 2017
Keep the combat as is (mostly) and just polish it up and rework the roster. MVC:I is one of the most enjoyable fighting games I’ve played so I hope it’s true

Apr 26, 2018
As if changing the name would change how trash the game is. If this doens't come with some major changes, the only difference would be that people would be calling MvC4 a terrible game instead of Infinite.

OP
OP
Kalmakoffee
Oct 25, 2017
Indiana, USA
for that mater, is better just to make a whole new game and act as if MvC:I never happened
Since most characters had their models pulled from Ultimate, might as well bring all of those characters back, all of the newcomers from Infinite, and then some other newcomers and I think people would be pretty alright with that.

Oct 25, 2017
Hm, not inclined to believe after much of what they said about Soul Calibur VI amounted to coincidences based on safe choices and the rest just ended up being inaccuracies.

Status
Not open for further replies.