• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Deleted member 1258

User Requested Account Closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
This is coming from Vergeben, so take with a load of salt. However, on the offset chance this turns out to be true, here it is.
12_verge01.png

12_verge02.png

12_verge04.png

12_verge03.png

Vergeben has been adamant before about MVCI not getting an update in the past, so seeing him take a complete 180 is interesting to me. Again, take this stuff with salt. But I would be more than happy with MVC not being dead forever.

KZXcellent

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Vergeben hasn't been proven wrong with his Smash leaks so far. For the people who really enjoy MvCi I really hope this is real.

TheMirai

Oct 28, 2017
The Gold Edition thing with Street Fighter V, along with AE, and all the new characters, was a great idea that got a LOT of people back in, so this would be the only way to fix it. And it would work, too. I hope it's true.

Soap

Oct 27, 2017
They're going to have to put a looooot of work into this. They may as well make a new game.

Even then, in terms of superhero fighters, injustice is so far ahead of marvel vs Capcom that it's unreal.

collige

Oct 31, 2017
If Capcom actually manages to pull a FFXIV with this game, I think they'll probably go down as the best publisher of this gen with the way things are going.

JEH

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
Vergeben is more miss than hit. And with capcom he's been all miss. He either has flat out wrong info or edits his info to match real leakers later on.

Neonep

Oct 25, 2017
Ok, this is like the 3rd time of heard of this since the beginning of this year. Why does this keep popping up?

RaySpencer

Oct 27, 2017
I really like how MvCI plays. It has a lot of problems, but I think the core game play is good, so I hope they can salvage it.

Kamek

Oct 27, 2017
I would say make a proper new game. HATED the art direction of infinite after loving how 3 looked.

Snake Eater

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
They need to start over, the production is awful, its needs a total revamp (besides the gameplay which is solid)

DanteLinkX

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I am all in for this, I pray to god it happens, and we get some updated costumes for characters (Dante's DMC5 costume) and Marvel's mcu costumes.

Deleted member 16657

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
The last marvel game to pull a rebranding was Marvel Heroes Omega... we know how that turned out.

Best of luck to them but I think the right way to make a "hail mary patch" like this one is to go straight to the community with a mea culpa and ask them directly what needs to happen, and iterate on that.

Deleted member 25108

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
I dont believe it, BUT.......

I was convinced that MVCi would have been delisted last month. That didnt happen, so maybe there is a chance.

Izanagi89

Oct 27, 2017
Keep the combat as is (mostly) and just polish it up and rework the roster. MVC:I is one of the most enjoyable fighting games I've played so I hope it's true

Deleted member 8593

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
He's been incredibly hit or miss when it comes to Capcom stuff so I'd take this with a Galactus-sized grain of salt.

Deleted member 42686

Banned
Apr 26, 2018
As if changing the name would change how trash the game is. If this doens't come with some major changes, the only difference would be that people would be calling MvC4 a terrible game instead of Infinite.

Strangelove_77

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I LOVED Infinite and didn't think the art style was bad, but I prefer everything that UMvC3 does. Hope it's more like that.

TimeFire

Avenger
Nov 26, 2017
Brazil
Marvel Infinite being saved and turning into Marvel vs Capcom 4 would be the best anime plot twist of all time.

OP
OP

Deleted member 1258

User Requested Account Closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
for that mater, is better just to make a whole new game and act as if MvC:I never happened
Since most characters had their models pulled from Ultimate, might as well bring all of those characters back, all of the newcomers from Infinite, and then some other newcomers and I think people would be pretty alright with that.

Korigama

Oct 25, 2017
Hm, not inclined to believe after much of what they said about Soul Calibur VI amounted to coincidences based on safe choices and the rest just ended up being inaccuracies.

Canucked

Comics Council 2020 & Chicken Chaser
Oct 25, 2017
Canada
"Starlord, Ms. Marvel, Asura."

Look.... If I don't get me some X-Men I don't buy

Status
Not open for further replies.