• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

reelbigeddy

Nov 16, 2017
UK
Bought on Xbox as that's my main console, and was hoping to get AC5 on PS4 somewhen down the line. Guess I'm gonna have to be a scumbag and order the PS4 version then return it.

Razgriz417

Oct 25, 2017
just checked my old BB preorder from 2017 and no mention of the preorder bonus. Had to call for them to add it. too bad they couldnt and cancelled my order (with the extra $12 off coupon code) and reordered for me for $12 more. Ah well will treat it as spending $12 on ac5....

Superblatt

Oct 25, 2017
Chicago
I haven't bought an Ace Combat game in years and this just locked it in for me. Ordered from Best Buy for in store pickup Friday after work.

J_Viper

Oct 25, 2017
Thanks guys, will be going for PS4

So if I order right now from Best Buy, I should be good?

EDIT: Weird, shipping isn't available from Best Buy, guess I'll go digital

Last edited:

IMBCIT

Oct 27, 2017
Was going to get this for X but this might just tip me over to the Pro. How do namco bandai games usually compare on pro vs x?

Oct 27, 2017
just checked my old BB preorder from 2017 and no mention of the preorder bonus. Had to call for them to add it. too bad they couldnt and cancelled my order (with the extra $12 off coupon code) and reordered for me for $12 more. Ah well will treat it as spending $12 on ac5....
I sent a DM to Best Buy's customer support Twitter account because I'm in the same boat you are--had an order from a while back with stacking discounts and no pre-order bonus. The back-and-forth took a while, but they concluded that I should've been charged less and couldn't make a price adjustment since the order was charged and getting ready for shipment.

They'll apparently refund the difference after the shipment is completed and said the pre-order bonus would be emailed as well. If not, I could just DM them again and get the bonus that way. Not the most reassuring thing, but better than silence. Kinda messed up they don't have chat support; I hate talking on the phone and using Twitter for something like this felt weird.

Razgriz417

Oct 25, 2017
I sent a DM to Best Buy's customer support Twitter account because I'm in the same boat you are--had an order from a while back with stacking discounts and no pre-order bonus. The back-and-forth took a while, but they concluded that I should've been charged less and couldn't make a price adjustment since the order was charged and getting ready for shipment.

They'll apparently refund the difference after the shipment is completed and said the pre-order bonus would be emailed as well. If not, I could just DM them again and get the bonus that way. Not the most reassuring thing, but better than silence. Kinda messed up they don't have chat support; I hate talking on the phone and using Twitter for something like this felt weird.
yeah they fucked mine up because mine use the 2017 visa checkout promo that took off $24 on top of GCU when I preordered 2 games. Their reorder was only about to replicate GCU but now the visa checkout promo. I was originally expecting to get AC7 from BB for ~$38.5 after taxes and discounts. Oh well I also have a $40.5 target b2g1 preorder, maybe I'll see how if i can return the BB preorder, keep the digital code and just keep the target one that shows up a week later lol

thebigword

Oct 27, 2017
This really sucks. I traded in my copy of AC6 with the intention of purchasing the digital version later once it became available on BC. Now, they're not going to sell it digitally, but only as a pre-order bonus? So, I'm going to have to buy AC6 physical, again? I already have AC7 pre-ordered and paid off for the PS4 since that's my main console, and I really wanna play AC5. Can't afford to double dip on both PS4 and X.

Reinhard

Oct 27, 2017
I had $35 in my PSN wallet from Christmas plus the pre-order bonus made me give in and pre-order. I hope the VR missions are at least fun to play as the pre-order bonus + VR meant I bought this for PS4 instead of my preferred PC platform.

Valkerion

Oct 29, 2017
The lack of info on what they actually did to ac5 has been weird. File size says something but since they announced you get it with the game... Nothing else. Were just now seeing what they did which is so weird.

Jan 2, 2018
This is just annoying- I want the PC version but also AC5..really prefers to play on PC when I can.
Seriously hope both AC5 and 6 will be available digitally soon in the PS store and Marketplace.

Eolz

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
FR
Sounds more like a timed exclusive to me.
Of course they want you to buy ut now as it's linked to a full price preorder.

Adahel

May 28, 2018
Spain
I'm not sure about this, but I hope that they can put AC5 and AC6 in the PSN Store and XBL just to let more people play these games. Maybe we can get a HD collection of some of the old AC (I would like a remaster but xD)

raketenrolf

Oct 28, 2017
Germany
The real question for us EU people is: Will this be the superior 60hz Ntsc release or the 50hz Pal release? The latter isn't worth it. At least not for me.

Adamska

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I had to contact the retailer who sold me AC7 via Amazon to discover if I'm still getting the AC5 bonus and he said he's waiting for the copies to arrive to know that. I really hope it's included, c'monn.

Adamska

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Edit: the distributor makes no mention of doing so in this spec sheet for the game but a reseller told me Brazil is getting AC5/AC6 on launch copies. YMMV.

O4qMGhl.png

Last edited:
OP
OP
Dancrane212

Dancrane212

Oct 25, 2017
Oh I thought this was known. Kono himself and other staff said that this (buying first print of AC7) was the only way to get AC5 on PS4 and they won't sell it as separate thing later..

Don't suppose you have a link to that? It'd be nice to get a direct source on this.

I'm confused, is AC5 enhanced for the PS4 or Pro. Or are we talking a straight PS3 port?

We don't know all the information yet but this seems to be more than the standard PS2 emulation as seen in the media in the OP and the Ace Combat 5 OT.

Nameless

Oct 25, 2017
Might just jump in of the digital version does indeed include AC5 until next month. Need to see some impressions for AC7, though. The game has looked great in some clips and ROUGH in others.

OneThirtyEight

Avenger
Oct 28, 2017
Bummer for all you fans. I remember when Outrun Arcade was removed from the PS3-store because of the Ferrari license ending and you coudn't redownload the game if you had it deleted from the hard drive wich i unfortunaly had done at the time.

Fortinbras

Oct 27, 2017
Bummer for all you fans. I remember when Outrun Arcade was removed from the PS3-store because of the Ferrari license ending and you coudn't redownload the game if you had it deleted from the hard drive wich i unfortunaly had done at the time.
Is this true because I can still download and play OutRun on Xbox 360?!

Regarding AC7 Im still not sure what version I should buy.

Adamska

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Uh, this has been a bit of a ride. I ended up ordering the PSN version but now the reseller informed that Brazil is indeed getting AC5/AC6 with launch copies of AC7. I had to maintain my request to cancel the order of the physical version though, since I'm now preloading AC5 and 7.