• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

poklane

Oct 25, 2017
the Netherlands
36866693_2186231681623239_6294389926519635968_n.jpg

This is something I've wanted to do, but more importantly, something I've wanted to see for a long time. If you've ever pinned a towel around your neck for a cape, or donned a fedora and nearly put your eye out with a homemade whip, this is for you. Thank you, @allanungar, for letting us all scratch this itch. Thank you, @naughty_dog_inc, for creating such a wonderful archetype. Thank you fans, for your excellent taste. You know who you are. Enjoy. Link in my bio.
https://www.instagram.com/p/BlS8qJBgCJ9/?taken-by=nathanfillion

Oct 27, 2017
Well that's certainly not what I was expecting, but I think it proves that he could still play that part if he was cast. Normally I find fan films to be quite cringey, this was actually pretty good.

Miles Quatrich as Sully was something I never thought of.

tellNoel

Oct 26, 2017
All I could see was marine guy from Avatar as Sully the entire time.

But the Sully catch phrase at the end made me smile

Jest

Oct 28, 2017
Lot of recognizable talent attatched to this and its solid. I like Mircea Monroe but Emily Rose is the VO and a great actress, so it would have been nice to see her.

I also thought it was pretty interesting to channel the game during the gun fight. That wouldn't work for full length but is a nice homage to the game direction in this fan film. And I completely believe Fillion could still play Drake in a feature film. With the right training and a good stuntman it would be great.

BonneMort

Avenger
Oct 28, 2017
The people's Drake!

Honestly, this is damn good. Hope it gets the attention Deadpool caught when Reynolds uploaded that car scene (and maybe that's what they are going for)

SK4TE

Banned
Nov 26, 2017
They should make an Uncharted TV show and cast Fillion. It would work better than a one off film.

FFNB

Associate Game Designer
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Los Angeles, CA
That was really fun! I haven't finished it yet, but I still think Fillion could play a great Drake in a film. I don't see why we can't have a movie starring an older Drake, that takes place after the events of the games. I don't need a movie version of the stories of the games we've gotten, although, with all of the de-aging tech we have, I wouldn't mind a few flashback sequences to Drake's Fortune, Among Thieves, Drake's Deception, or A Thieve's End.

I'm just over all of these "How they came to be," origin stories for established characters. There's nothing wrong with those stories, I'm just personally at my fill of them.

This video also made me really want a light hearted Uncharted TV series with Fillion. Do an 8 Episode season, with each one him going after some historical McGuffin. A two or three season run would be enough. Just seeing him play Nate in this video was enough to scratch my Fillion as Drake dream casting, but I wouldn't be against something official from Sony.

QuantumZebra

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
They should make an Uncharted TV show and cast Fillion. It would work better than a one off film.

Maybe him as old-Drake mentoring his daughter or another thief - or he and his brother getting into cheeky shenanigans in-between the credits of UC4 and the immediate ending.

Arex

Oct 27, 2017
Indonesia
That's pretty damn good for a fan movie. He nails the Drake look really, although I still prefer Nolan North's voice.

When they switch to the game's 3rd person view for few seconds there, I'm like whoa, maybe on PS6 haha

The Shape

Nov 7, 2017
Brazil
Damn. That was actually pretty good. And great how they emulated the transition from cutscene to "gameplay"

This looked like an episode from an Uncharted TV Show. I'd watch that.

oasis007

Oct 27, 2017
This is SO great! I play all of the Uncharted games with Fillion in my head as Drake. I hope they can get a full movie made.

SugarNoodles

Nov 3, 2017
Portland, OR
I've never understood why people get so fixated on actors that look as close as possible to the video game character in question.

Cast based on talent and vague resemblance. If the movie is any good people won't give 2 shits about that other actor who looks more like the original character.

Chumley

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Has he had plastic surgery or just gotten fat? Something about his face just seems...off.

He's gained a bunch of weight.

Also, this was really badly shot and directed. Even for a fan film. Bad lighting, blown highlights, some terrible camera angles.

cognizant

Dec 19, 2017
It's not a great short film in terms of its plot and characters, but as an Uncharted concept film it's fantastic, they truly get the spirit of the games and wisely chose an original story rather than remaking any of the games.

I hope this takes off like the Deadpool leaked footage.

Terminus

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
This is surprisingly cool. But as much as I'd love for this to turn into a Deadpool situation... they already cast Tom Holland. It ain't happening.

Tbm24

Oct 25, 2017
That was great! I've always pictured Fillion as Drake and he's definitely still got it! Also fan made film has taken on a whole new meaning it looks like. That was very well done.

Deleted member 9317

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
New York
The voice acting is surreal. A lot of quirks were nicely imagined. I couldn't help but smile when Drake starts running in the Jeep saying "gogogogogo". He sounded just like Drake.