• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

nbnt

Oct 26, 2017
this is my biggest worry. of course it's harder to add mtx to a platformer compared to a kart racer, but i've learned not to underestimate activision when it comes to scummy monetization.
I can totally see them doing some form of weekly/daily missions that earn you currency to buy power ups, pants, dances etc. Of course the fake currency can be bought with real money, but only post launch because they don't want that fact appearing in reviews.

Alienous

Oct 25, 2017
I hope it leans more toward Nitro Fueled Remastered than N-Sane Trilogy when it comes to visuals.

The latter just didn't appeal to me visually. It's like they upgraded individual elements without much thought about cohesion or visual business.

fontguy

Avenger
Oct 8, 2018
YES YES YES YES YES YES YES

I need more Crash in my life. I don't care if the series devolves into yearly mediocre retreads, I just want raw content. Give it to me.

SNRUB

Oct 27, 2017
New Jersey
i think that the only reason the n'sane trilogy was exclusive for a year was because activision was unsure of how well crash would sell in 2017, and im sure sony offered them some money in return
Sony approached Activision with the idea for the remasters and was co-financing it, which probably explains the 1 year exclusivity.

Last edited:

poklane

Oct 25, 2017
the Netherlands
Just a friendly reminder that a recent live action PlayStation ad also revealed a never before seen mask
jpg

At 0:11 in the ad below

Velezcora

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Nov 16, 2017
Would love to see a VR-only Crash Bandicoot game from Japan Studio, but that sounds unlikely.

What is it with you VR fanboys? It's just like with Ape Escape, it's been so long since we got an original title and you guys are asking for a VR game instead? C'mon, man.

DarthBuzzard

Banned
Jul 17, 2018
What is it with you VR fanboys? It's just like with Ape Escape, it's been so long since we got an original title and you guys are asking for a VR game instead? C'mon, man.
There are endless other games for you to play, and if Japan Studio were to make a 3D platformer, it's kind of obvious it would always be VR from the start since they found great success there.

This is highly unlikely as I said anyway. I'd even be surprised if it were a new Crash platformer in general.

sn00zer

Feb 28, 2018
While not a fan past the PS1 I appreciate that CTR is kind of canonizing all of the Crash games into a more cohesive universe that I imagine they are building off of for this.

Wrestleman

Oct 25, 2017
Virginia
A word of caution (but not debunking the idea of new Crash):

There is a Winter-themed CTR Grand Prix about to go live next weekend and the actual posts are all filled to the brim with CTR Hashtags and talking about some thing where the people are going to be playing CTR.

Also, I've seen at least two posts today of people who are misinterpreting the hashtag "#crash_partner" as a general hashtag and posting photos of themselves with their Crash stuff and not actually people receiving products or invites.

While not a fan past the PS1 I appreciate that CTR is kind of canonizing all of the Crash games into a more cohesive universe that I imagine they are building off of for this.

*AS* a fan of the entire Crash series (other than like... Boom Bang...) the cohesiveness of everything and bringing it all into one central location canonizing everything is my favorite thing CTRNF is doing and I think the game itself is a 9/10 game as far as play, graphics, etc.

ZeoVGM

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Providence, RI
Honestly, I'd be okay with a Crash 4 + Twinsanity remake combo just because I'll buy anything Crash-related at this point.

But a brand new platforming Crash in a similar style to the originals would make me so happy.

Iron Eddie

Banned
Nov 25, 2019
I'm not convinced many will pay $60 for a new Crash game but who am I to say, it's not my money.

Sonicfan059

Mar 4, 2018
We got a taste of what a new Crash would be like level design wise with the Future Tense DLC from N. Sane Trilogy. I'd say the game is in good hands.
No we didn't. We got a taste of what they could do by using already created ideas. Unless the next Crash is the Sonic 4 of Crash reusing ideas with a fresh coat of paint we haven't seen anything that would suggest them making their own ideas would be good.

Deleted member 51691

User requested account closure
Banned
Jan 6, 2019
same. fingers crossed they can pull off a multiplat day 1 release for switch like they did with CTR.
I hope this is what Activision is moving towards. N-Sane Trilogy couldn't be on Switch Day 1 because Sony paid for exclusivity. Spyro was a year late on Switch because Activision wasn't prepared for the Switch to be a success, but CTR made it on Switch Day 1.

Deleted member 10737

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Last edited:

Wrestleman

Oct 25, 2017
Virginia
I hope this is what Activision is moving towards. N-Sane Trilogy couldn't be on Switch Day 1 because Sony paid for exclusivity. Spyro was a year late on Switch because Activision wasn't prepared for the Switch to be a success, but CTR made it on Switch Day 1.

This is a bit of a misnomer. They paid into development and spurred the game on to happen. N.Sane Trilogy doesn't happen without them, even Vicarious Visions' game director on the project says as much in interviews, that Sony brought it to Activision first. They've got a whole section in the credits of their own listing off who at Sony worked on it, even on the multiplat release.

Deleted member 51691

Banned
Jan 6, 2019
This is a bit of a misnomer. They paid into development and spurred the game on to happen. N.Sane Trilogy doesn't happen without them, even Vicarious Visions' game director on the project says as much in interviews, that Sony brought it to Activision first. They've got a whole section in the credits of their own listing off who at Sony worked on it, even on the multiplat release.
Ah, I wasn't aware. Thanks, Sony!

Deleted member 51691

Banned
Jan 6, 2019
A word of caution (but not debunking the idea of new Crash):

There is a Winter-themed CTR Grand Prix about to go live next weekend and the actual posts are all filled to the brim with CTR Hashtags and talking about some thing where the people are going to be playing CTR.

Also, I've seen at least two posts today of people who are misinterpreting the hashtag "#crash_partner" as a general hashtag and posting photos of themselves with their Crash stuff and not actually people receiving products or invites.
Needs to have the colored calling card to be a tease for a new Crash game. Still think a Crash sequel is slated for summer 2020 though. Makes too much sense, it will have been three years since N-Sane Trilogy.
DtkwDH-WwAEk0Lk

IMG_7940-720x540.jpg

Deleted member 51691

Banned
Jan 6, 2019
A Crash animated movie is actually a great idea. Give it to Sony Animation, they could come up with a unique animation style that suits Crash's attitude.