• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Deleted member 25448

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Looks like something is happening. It could be for the CTR Winter Festival Grand Prix event in a week or so but I highly doubt that. This is for most likely for the new game.

nUubaJ.gif

Deleted member 51691

Banned
Jan 6, 2019
State of Play. Wonder if Sony paid for timed exclusivity like N-Sane Trilogy or just a marketing deal like Crash Team Racing.

Motwera

Oct 27, 2017
That latter part of the title isn't correct. They're "influencers"/notable content creators online, not Crash fans necessarily.
But your assumptions are not wrong about what this implies (but please don't jump the gun immediately about this, it could all be in the end turn out to be nothing for all we know), we've seen this happen with the cookies and Furry Dice last year.

Ruu

Oct 28, 2017
I picked up the trilogy and I know people like that series but I thought it aged extremely poorly. It's weird cause back at release I LOVED Crash but hated Spyro but with the remasters I hated Crash but loved Spyro. Either way, if it is a new Crash game I'd be excited cause at the very least it would probably be some sort of platformer my son would love.

OP
OP

Deleted member 25448

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
That latter part of the title isn't correct. They're "influencers"/notable content creators online, not Crash fans necessarily.
But your assumptions are not wrong about what this implies (but please don't jump the gun immediately about this, it could all be in the end turn out to be nothing for all we know), we've seen this happen with the cookies and Furry Dice last year.

Ahh okk. My bad. Can we get a mod in here to change the thread title to influencers?
And the cookies and the dice were for CTR, weren't they? That's what they were teasing.

Kinsei

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
There were also the eggs for Spyro.

While it could be nothing, I'm expecting a Game Awards reveal.

ClickyCal'

Oct 25, 2017
I'm thinking game awards. SoP already has r3make and GoT. Unless sony wants to really make SoP nintendo direct tier.

Chaserjoey

Oct 27, 2017
Man they are pumping these games out so quickly. I'm excited to see the future of Crash though.

Deleted member 10737

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
and the yearly crash/spyro releases continue

2017 - crash trilogy
2018 - spyro trilogy
2019 - CTR
2020 - new crash
2021 - most likely new spyro

SilverX

Jan 21, 2018
This can either be really amazing or really disappointing. Not going to get my hopes up since a modern Crash has to be properly thought out

Kinsei

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
This can either be really amazing or really disappointing. Not going to get my hopes up since a modern Crash has to be properly thought out
We got a taste of what a new Crash would be like level design wise with the Future Tense DLC from N. Sane Trilogy. I'd say the game is in good hands.

Saint-14

Banned
Nov 2, 2017
This will be the test to see if they can make a good Crash without ND and if people will care about it.

Oct 26, 2017
Hopefully at the TGAs so it's not a timed exclusive. Only N. Sane was and Spyro was only late on Switch because, well, the game was a bit of a mess at launch and they needed extra time to get it on Switch. :P

I would assume the tech/assets would be reused from the prior games (but I REALLY hope it's full 3D more like Twinsanity), so a Switch port should be easy to get out at the same time, same as CTR.

Deleted member 10737

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Hopefully at the TGAs so it's not a timed exclusive. Only N. Sane was and Spyro was only late on Switch because, well, the game was a bit of a mess at launch and they needed extra time to get it on Switch. :P

I would assume the tech/assets would be reused from the prior games (but I REALLY hope it's full 3D more like Twinsanity), so a Switch port should be easy to get out at the same time, same as CTR.
same. fingers crossed they can pull off a multiplat day 1 release for switch like they did with CTR.

SilverX

Jan 21, 2018
We got a taste of what a new Crash would be like level design wise with the Future Tense DLC from N. Sane Trilogy. I'd say the game is in good hands.

I don't think that is enough proof they can do the series justice in 2020. Especially when the Crash series differed quite a lot from Crash 1 to Crash 3

Thiago

One Winged Slayer
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Sony loves Crash Bandicoot and Activision loves Sony's marketing deals money.

I hope it's not timed exclusive, but I bet it will be on State of Play.

Oct 26, 2017
same. fingers crossed they can pull off a multiplat day 1 release for switch like they did with CTR.

I also hope it's not just literal copy and paste in style and assets. Engine and the essentials, sure, but I liked how the earlier games on PS2 changed things up when needed. I mean Twinsanity had an outstanding craziness to the character designs and expressions, they weren't 1:1 reusing Wrath of Cortex's assets despite it being another TT studio (this time in Oxford rather than Manchester I think?). So I hope the first real new Crash game has some updates to the designs to not make it feel like the same thing we've seen already in the trilogy and CTR if that makes sense. Keep the core designs, but do something fresh and new or something like Twinsanity did.

Deleted member 10737

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I also hope it's not just literal copy and paste in style and assets. Engine and the essentials, sure, but I liked how the earlier games on PS2 changed things up when needed. I mean Twinsanity had an outstanding craziness to the character designs and expressions, they weren't 1:1 reusing Wrath of Cortex's assets despite it being another TT studio (this time in Oxford rather than Manchester I think?). So I hope the first real new Crash game has some updates to the designs to not make it feel like the same thing we've seen already in the trilogy and CTR if that makes sense. Keep the core designs, but do something fresh and new or something like Twinsanity did.
i think they'll keep the design of crash/coco/cortex/etc, but the freshness will come from new enemy and villain designs and level themes since the game will be set in a new world.

MykonosFan

Oct 25, 2017
I wonder if the game is like the rumor going around says it is, where you play as Cortex to set traps for Crash, then as Crash try to dodge them? Heard about that but have been out of the loop on if there was more info on it.