• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

LuisGarcia

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
Why does this forum fear gaas so much? If done right it's great. Look at Assassin's Creed Odyssey...still great content coming out months later.

I think this could be good. My only worry is Warner as I can image they will take the piss with microtransactions in a game like this .

Strafer

The Flagpole is Wider
Oct 25, 2017
Sweden
Whatever game Rocksteady is working on it's probably going to be huge if they started working on it after Arkham Knight which was in 2015.

So four years of development.

azeke

Oct 30, 2017
Astana, Kazakhstan
It will be a game where you actually sympathize with Bizarro for the first time in your life.
Forever Evil and All Star Superman have great and touching Bizarro arcs.

bizarro-vs-mazahs-3.jpg

Bus-TEE

Banned
Nov 20, 2017
Rocksteady is also hiring for a heap of senior positions (not the kinds you'd expect to see for a game in dev for 3+ years) so either they're starting a new project or the existing one might be further away than we think.

Interesting. Could it be they are coming to the end of one project (nearing release) and are already staffing up for something else? I don't recall Rocksteady having two teams so I'm assuming that it's something else.

Surely they haven't had a project recently cancelled and are having to start again from scratch?

Gotham by GaaSlight?

source.gif

Aly

Oct 27, 2017
Red Hood and The Outlaws Rebirth team was really good so I'm hoping there is a connection.

Slayven

Never read a comic in his life
Oct 25, 2017
Weird flex to announce your game on one of the biggest pop culture weekends of the year.

Nov 8, 2017
Interesting. Could it be they are coming to the end of one project (nearing release) and are already staffing up for something else? I don't recall Rocksteady having two teams so I'm assuming that it's something else.

Surely they haven't had a project recently cancelled and are having to start again from scratch?

It could mean four things, by my reckoning:

• They have come to nearly the end of their current project and are starting preproduction on a new game
  • They are starting a new game with a second team independent of the one working on their pre-existing project, either internally (Rocksteady team 2 basically) or externally (providing leadership for a game made by another studio, for example WB Montreal)
  • Their current game has had several major departures of high ranking staff, due to production problems and/or studio drama and/or burnout. This generally means production isn't running smoothly.
  • The project was cancelled / rebooted and they've started something else relatively recently.

Bus-TEE

Banned
Nov 20, 2017
Gotham by GaaSlight?
It could mean four things, by my reckoning:

• They have come to nearly the end of their current project and are starting preproduction on a new game
  • They are starting a new game with a second team independent of the one working on their pre-existing project, either internally (Rocksteady team 2 basically) or externally (providing leadership for a game made by another studio, for example WB Montreal)
  • Their current game has had several major departures of high ranking staff, due to production problems and/or studio drama and/or burnout. This generally means production isn't running smoothly.
  • The project was cancelled / rebooted and they've started something else relatively recently.

Interesting. Thanks for elaborating on that.

I have to imagine that WB Games are going to want more productivity/content from Rocksteady in future seeing as they are likely seen their main studio. I wouldn't be surprised if WarnerMedia gave them the investment for a second team/studio under their banner.

Status
Not open for further replies.