• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Castamere

Oct 26, 2017
If we're getting another Batman game what's the big deal

Gamers rise up

I mean another Batman game is the problem. We had that trilogy. I think people were hoping for another SP title to do to that character what Asylum did for Batman.
Granted we know nothing about this. It could be City of Heroes esque where you build a hero. Though the title doesn't make that sound hopeful.

Also Warner Bros is absolute trash with GAAS thus far in the generation, and dlc in general.

est1992

Oct 27, 2017
Guys check the corner of the image. Does that look like the corner of the bat signal to you? Like the one they had in AK in the sky? I might be trippin

Pryme

Aug 23, 2018
I very much dislike loot games and Rocksteady making a shooter seems a little awkward since they haven't done anything like that in years.

I also expect this game to have almost no content as Rocksteady's staff levels are abysmally low.

So you're saying the graphics will be abysmal simply because you dislike the genre?

TaleSpun

Oct 25, 2017
Epic's logo is there because of Unreal Engine 4, but that is a huge reason why it would be Epic Games Store exclusive.

The very last thing Epic is gonna do is not let a studio use UE4 because they won't sign an EGS deal. If anything, the royalties from UE4 would be the silver lining of a deal like that not working out. Makes no sense to withhold.

OP
OP

Deleted member 1105

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The very last thing Epic is gonna do is not let a studio use UE4 because they won't sign an EGS deal. If anything, the royalties from UE4 would be the silver lining of a deal like that not working out. Makes no sense to withhold.
I never said anything about withholding. We don't know if that logo is there because of the engine or because of the store yet.

Last edited:

Finaika

Dec 11, 2017
You won't have to wait much longer :)
tumblr_mm30x3IIgh1qcstqzo1_400.gif

Jan 2, 2018
Gotta be Rocksteady, but unfortunatley, I don't want a multiplayer game so unless it is something truly special,I'll probably pasd.

Mars People

Comics Council 2020
Oct 25, 2017
Fuck GAAS.
And fuck Shlooters.

Even if I get to play as Red Hood I don't want this.

Nightwing123

Oct 27, 2017
The leak has your character reporting to Green Arrow at a point, I think it's literally 'Outlaws' as in

A1yguBaWJqL.jpg
Red Hood and the Outlaws was the first thing I thought about when I read the title that or Suicide Squad because I can't think of anything else that fits with the theme Outlaws. I like Jason and the Suicide Squad so I am fine with this.

Kaswa101

Oct 28, 2017
Not really my cup of tea, but I'll play it because it's Rocksteady. Assuming this is their game, of course.

MangoUltz

Mar 24, 2019
So I guess in this you'll be a powerless vigilante who has to equip increasing levels of gear in order to fight stronger and stronger bad guys?

Is this definitely not the Rocksteady game?

Deleted member 25448

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Looking at the photo again, I think it might be set in the Arkhamverse (they wouldnt just waste it) It's in exact same location as Miagani Island in Arkham Knight. If you look on the right of that photo where the E is, it looks like the grand avenue station building where the monorail/trains are. Matches up with the Wayne tower location too.

Last edited:

Strafer

The Flagpole is Wider
Oct 25, 2017
Sweden
Call me when they announce Arkham Origins 2 with Roger Craig Smith as Batman and Jensen Ackles as Jason Ted.

TheZynster

Oct 26, 2017
Is this the destiny GaaS style game I saw while searching the webs the other day? Destiny meaning loot and online connected

Bus-TEE

Banned
Nov 20, 2017
Please, please tell me this isn't Rocksteady's "big" game after the Batman series? The LAST thing I wanted from them was more Batman related stuff :(, I wanted Superman or Justice League, something more then Batman Batman Batman.

I'd be surprised if this is Rocksteady's big swing.

I have a feeling that this could be a stop gap or something similar to Gotham City Imposters.

In fact.., what if this is neither Rocksteady nor WB Montreal but something non-LOTR from Monolith?

Rodjer

Self-requested ban.
Jan 28, 2018
In fact.., what if this is neither Rocksteady nor WB Montreal but something non-LOTR from Monolith?

Monolith shipped a game in late 2017 and they supported the title in 2018, so no.

This is either Rocksteady or WB Montreal title, they currently making 3 DC games right now

monketron

Oct 27, 2017
Surely if this was Rocksteady's game they would have their name plastered all over the image. Also I can't believe a game that will cost as much as Rocksteady's next game is going to cost to produce would use such a small, unknown, IP.

Bus-TEE

Banned
Nov 20, 2017
Monolith shipped a game in late 2017 and they supported the title in 2018, so no.

This is either Rocksteady or WB Montreal title, they currently making 3 DC games right now

I don't know Monolith's set up but could this be from a smaller team within the studio much like GCI was?

I have a hard time believing that WB Games would announce a DC game the week Endgame releases unless, as someone speculated, it's a mobile title rather than a full blown console effort.

They could even have a trailer attached to Endgame with a 'Download it now!' tag.

Who knows? I'm just throwing about some ideas.

ElBoxy

Oct 25, 2017
Surely if this was Rocksteady's game they would have their name plastered all over the image. Also I can't believe a game that will cost as much as Rocksteady's next game is going to cost to produce would use such a small, unknown, IP.
The team may be niche but Red Hood himself isn't.

ElBoxy

Oct 25, 2017
Fingers crossed that this is a side thing from a small team.

And even if the name doesn't mean anything to people, "DC + Gotham City" is not niche. It's an easy concept to explain. Just like Suicide Squad was.
If this really is Red Hood related I think it'll be loosely based on the comics. Red Hood will lead a team but it won't be Kori, Arsenal, Bizarro, and Artemis. I don't see this being the first DC non-fighting game to introduce non-Batman characters. This will probably be post-Arkham Knight with the Batman gone and someone needing to take up the mantle of protecting Gotham.

Last edited:

Sgt. Demblant

Self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
France
If this really is Red Hood related I think it'll be loosely based on the comics. Red Hood will lead a team but it won't be Kori, Arsenal, Bizarro, and Artemis. I don't see this being the first major DC game that introduces non-Batman characters.
Oh yeah I don't expect them to follow the comics at all if this is true.
It'll be Red Hood plus a bunch of Batman-adjacent characters.
Azrael would probably play a big part for example, considering how Rocksteady kept teasing stuff about him in previous games.
If the roster is really large, then yeah maybe we'll see some weird pulls like Starfire and co.

Nov 8, 2017
Not even WB would be idiotic enough to greenlight an Outlaws game vs a DC Trinity game (think GTA V or DMC V where you can swap between all 3 characters). lol Unless of course, the "Outlaws" name is referring to an entirely original team of supervillains.

Watch this be some mobile game. lol Nowhere am I seeing WB Interactive or Rocksteady Studios on this promo image.

Hope you're right. But whether Rocksteady's game is this, Suicide Squad, or some other third thing, the several years of hiring for positions like multiplayer programmer/network programmer/monetization designer is really strongly pointing in the direction of something like what has been rumoured/leaked recently. Coop gaas stuff. Whether that's Batfamily, Suicide Squad, Titans or some other DC universe team up, something like that feels like the only real options.

Rocksteady is also hiring for a heap of senior positions (not the kinds you'd expect to see for a game in dev for 3+ years) so either they're starting a new project or the existing one might be further away than we think.

Status
Not open for further replies.