• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Shakerovic

Apr 26, 2019
from reddit:

Apparently someone who claims to work at Ubisoft noticed my latest post. He sent me some interesting insights about the next Prince of Persia game before deleting his account. As always, take this with a big grain of salt.
The game is called Prince of Persia: Dark Babylon. It's set after The Two Thrones in an alternate, almost dystopic version of Babylon which can be explored to a certain extent. The gameplay will be very similar to the trilogy, yet will somewhat feel different. You play as an older Prince. The main antagonist is an evil version of the Prince that comes from a different timeline. You'll be able to customize the Prince's armor and abilities like in the in the new God of War, from which seems to take a lot of inspiration. It is scheduled to be announced at the PlayStation Meeting in February and will be a cross-gen title. Release date is early 2021.
No word on a new Splinter Cell.

dreamfall

Oct 25, 2017
I really hope this is true. I revisited the trilogy and realized how much I missed these games - AC became the focus and they left PoP behind. I hope the art style is similar to 2008! I love that too.

Komo

Info Analyst
Verified
Jan 3, 2019
I mean Assassins Creed Ragnarok has leaked 2 times now so I'm hyped for that.

DarkChronic

Oct 27, 2017
yeah not feeling the truth of this. this is classic "cover all your tracks" type stuff:

The gameplay will be very similar to the trilogy, yet will somewhat feel different.

*eye roll*

Lulu

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Why y'all keep posting shit from dubious sources? How many threads need to be locked?

Lua

Aug 9, 2018
This sounds like it would follow the stupid dark tone of warrior within and two thrones, and if so i'm not interested. Sands of time had the perfect tone for this sort of game and they ruined it for mid-00's edgy bs.

Zebesian-X

Dec 3, 2018
Cue 30 different "Reddit Devs" leaking a different game to be announced at the PS5 reveal...

Love me some Prince of Persia tho, I'd dig this

Xando

Oct 28, 2017
Tfw we get a PoP game before a new splinter cell

giphy.gif

What u doing Yves

Team_Feisar

Jan 16, 2018
Sounds fake and also, Splinter Cell is really the Franchise that should get a revive. AAA stealth games are few and far between and I feel like AC has developed the original vision of the Pop Trilogy to its fullest already, at least regarding movement and combat.

Chunchun

Jun 9, 2019
Yeah it seems like fake but can't say no to this game. I would prefer this instead of a reboot.

sredgrin

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
There's no way in hell if this ever gets a new game that it is going to be a sequel. It'll be a hard reboot.

Ushojax

Oct 30, 2017
I'd kill for a new PoP but not one attached to the Sands games. Those sequels were not worth building on and the tone was dumb as hell.

RIP PoP 2008.

Mullet2000

Oct 25, 2017
Toronto
Man. Sands of Time is a game that deserves a full on Bluepoint style remake.

Would love to see that, probably even moreso than a new game.

AndyVirus

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Gods of Monsters, Roller Champions, R6 Quarantine, Skull & Bones, BG&E 2, WD Legion, AC Kingdom, Avatar all coming, but Prince of Persia early next year, sure.

Sioul

Hero of Bowerstone
Oct 27, 2017
Playable Farah please, and Dahaka chasing the evil Prince for a bonus boss.

Kuro

Oct 25, 2017
I can't imagine it being based on the story of the PS2 games. It will more than likely be another reboot.

Oct 31, 2017
I would've loved Forgotten Sands if the story wasn't forgettable as hell and if the game wasn't unpolished as fuck

I tried playing Two Thrones but also gave off a very strong "unpolished" feel

Kalentan

Oct 25, 2017
Going to assume it's fake. Doubly so after Ubisoft's big backlash about all their games becoming very similar.

Tygerjaw

Oct 25, 2017
I like rumours, but I don't believe a single word of this one. I also have chosen not to believe in any Splinter Cell rumours until something is announced for real, I've been burned too many times.

barksi

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I would be really really surprised if we get another Prince of Persia game. Would like to be wrong but I don't believe this rumor in the slightest. I guess some of the many recent leaks about AC: Ragnarok might be true, but this PoP one... i doubt it (unfortunately)

Status
Not open for further replies.