• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Phendrift

Oct 25, 2017
If you've been paying attention to Nintendo rumors, you'll know that this has been rumored since around January even on ERA from multiple reliable sources.

But now, Liam Robertson has finally made an article about it so I thought it was time for a thread

https://comicbook.com/gaming/2018/08/16/new-super-mario-bros-nintendo-switch/

Sources connected to Nintendo of Europe, who have provided accurate information in the past on games like Mario + Rabbids: Kingdom Battle, began to suggest that a port of NSMBU was in the works. Throughout the year, we have been following up on these rumours with other tipsters linked with Nintendo who have corroborated these suggestions.

Multiple tips we have received for this article indicate that the supposed reissue of New Super Mario Bros. U will include the New Super Luigi U add-on.

Some sources suggest that the rumored Switch release will include new content of some description, although exact details on this appear to be tightly under wraps.

We have also intercepted a potential name being floated for the New Super Mario Bros. U port - 'New Super Mario Bros. U Deluxe'.

More at the article.

Kinsei

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I know epeople hate the NSMB aesthetic, but U (especially with the expansion included) is a truly fantastic game. I hope people are willing to give it a chance.

Dark Cloud

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I get it's easy money. I would've thought Nintendo would've made a new 2D Mario though. I hope they add online at least.

Wowfunhappy

Oct 27, 2017
My favorite 2D Mario game, by quite a bit. Nice to see it getting a port.

I don't think I'll be double dipping on this one though. Unless there's a very substantial number of new levels, which I doubt.

Lelouch0612

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah I think it is almost a lock. A good addition to the Q4 line-up.

Wonder how substantial the additionnal content will be (new characters, levels , challenges ?)

Oct 27, 2017
Peru
Ah, dammit! I don't even understand the point of this. They should have released it early on 2017 if they wanted to fill the gaps, it just doesn't make sense to release a WiiU launch title in 2018.

bdwnfn99

Oct 25, 2017
Posted in the EAD/First party thread, but I would love to see an online, Mario-styled version of Speedrunners in the Mushroom Kingdom

iag

Oct 27, 2017
I'd rather see a new - and with different aesthetics - game than a port, even if NSMBU is a very good game.

Lelouch0612

Oct 25, 2017
Ah, dammit! I don't even understand the point of this. They should have released it early on 2017 if they wanted to fill the gaps, it just doesn't make sense to release a WiiU launch title in 2018.

2D Mario sells to the mainstream, the mainstream buys mostly during the Holidays (and last year they already had Super Mario Odyssey).

Dark Cloud

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Maybe the new content might include an art style toggle, like Mario Maker had.
Yes yes. That's what I said in the other topic months ago. Remember The Dragon Trap game has a toggle to Switch between old school aesthetics and new school aesthetics? Also, like you said Mario Maker has it for the 2D Mario games.

If Nintendo is smart at least add that in to NSMBU Deluxe, since many people don't like the same art style for the 4th time.

Servbot24

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
One step closer to being able to sell my Wii U. 3D World and Pikmin 3 next please! But for a reasonable price this time.

Richietto

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
North Carolina
I literally cannot look at that game again. Great game but fuck that artstyle. Don't want to see it. Plus they'll probably sell it for $60.

Nov 18, 2017
Gross no thanks, I know U has its fan but personally I found it to be incredibly generic.

Its the SoDoSoPa of Mario Bros.

Dark Cloud

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
How the hell can they release it in early 2017 if it wasn't ready? They may have wanted it for the holidays for all the casuals. It's a guarantee 10+ million seller.

Deleted member 36578

Dec 21, 2017
I'd buy it. I like the U games a lot despite not being a fan of the art style.

K Samedi

Oct 27, 2017
Hope it comes out this year. I still like 2D Mario a lot more than 3D Mario and the Wii U version was the best edition of the New series.

Bonejack

Oct 27, 2017
I don't understand why they wouldn't just port Mario Maker and have the NSMB U levels as the pre-made playable content.

Think i skip this, played it enough on Wii U.

Kouriozan

Oct 25, 2017
Would make senses I guess, most Nintendo fans already played it so it would go for the casual this time.

Mario Maker would have been 100x better though, ah maybe a sequel next year.

Deleted member 3017

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
This will be the first Wii U re-release that's going to bug me. I'm ready for a new 2D Mario game. It's been six years.

Deleted member 2802

Community Resetter
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Hopefully it's not $60 as then I'll consider picking it up.
latest