• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

alternate

Nov 1, 2017
I cant see it. Game is too old and already had a major expansion. I would bet on XCOM 3 over this.

Mivey

Oct 25, 2017
Clearly, it's The Lyrical Edition, where all dialogue in the game has been rewritten and re-recorded to be in rhymes.

Oh Commander, save us from the alien threat,
Our saviour, now there is no need to fret.

Deleted member 29682

User requested account closure
Banned
Nov 1, 2017
I'd like another War of the Chosen sized expansion but I'm worried it might make the game a bit dense. There's already a lot going on. A full sequel or standalone campaign with its own systems could be interesting though.

Hektor

Community Resettler
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Deutschland
I cant see it. Game is too old and already had a major expansion. I would bet on XCOM 3 over this.

The game is only 2 years old.
2 years are a normal releasetime for a second expansion.
It's also not unusual for games to get more than one expansion.

See the same developers other franchise Civilization for examples of both

Ushay

Oct 27, 2017
If they did another DLC I'd definitely jump in. Sunk well over 100 hrs on the Xbox.
Hopefully they do something about the performance too.

Rivyn

Oct 26, 2017
If this is true it was definitely a smart and orchestrated move to release X-Com 2 on PS Plus this month.

Sheev

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I'm pretty much 100% onboard no matter what it is. Xcom 2 is fantastic, especially with the War of the Chosen expansion.

TC McQueen

Oct 27, 2017
I'm honestly kind of hoping it isn't a new expansion, because we mod makers don't need another mod-pocaylpse for this game.

Kaffeemann

Oct 26, 2017
Germany
If they add another expansion I hope that this time Firaxis will at least bother with late game balance. With the WotC expansion it was even easier than in the base game.

Dick Justice

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I'm honestly kind of hoping it isn't a new expansion, because we mod makers don't need another mod-pocaylpse for this game.
Yeah, seems mod authors had to fix a bunch of shit that Firaxis broke with the WOTC expansion that was never officially fixed. Fragmenting things further would be undesirable. I just hope we get the best of both worlds, a good new expansion that doesn't fuck with mod compatibility.

Vela

Alt Account
Banned
Apr 16, 2018
It's one of my favorite games and I love the continuous support of it. I would gladly take another expansion!

Deleted member 10726

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
ResetERA
the love eruption

advent and xcom lay aside their differences and call off the war. bradford finally confesses his feelings for the avatar project.

stay tuned for my wattpad fanfic on this

Shake Appeal

Oct 27, 2017
I'm not even sure how you would stuff more ... stuff into XCOM2 at this point. It's already pretty bloated by WotC.

Ravelle

Oct 31, 2017
I barely played the Chosen because I got completely overwhelmed with things thrown at me at once.

Lashley

<<Tag Here>>
Oct 25, 2017
giphy.gif

Exposure

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, seems mod authors had to fix a bunch of shit that Firaxis broke with the WOTC expansion that was never officially fixed. Fragmenting things further would be undesirable. I just hope we get the best of both worlds, a good new expansion that doesn't fuck with mod compatibility.
??????

There's only one major thing I can recall Firaxis actually breaking with WotC and that got fixed.

Nooblet

Oct 25, 2017
I'd love another expansion but please let it be a separate thing with new campaign in itself and not reintegrating it into the base game. I don't think I'd want to play through the same campaign yet again even if it has additions like WoTC did.

Exposure

Oct 25, 2017
Nope. Not to mention cosmetic mods needing to be updated because of a change in certain shaders.
That's...the one major thing I was referring to. (Granted mods that are completely overkill and could use much needed optimization still use the thing and it really should be updated to account for the fact the most of its packages it adds is in the game now with only EU/EW era assets being the only thing left out as far as I could tell last time I checked, but still.)

And I really don't think the shader thing can be counted as "Firaxis breaking stuff and not fixing it" unless we're going count "the codebase of WotC is significantly different from the base game" as breaking something and not fixing it, in which case any moddable game that experiences major changes is going count as a game where developers broke stuff and never fixed it.