• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

SofNascimento

cursed
Oct 28, 2017
São Paulo - Brazil
UPDATE: The dream is dead:

http://thecodex.network/legion-rumor/

The original 4chan post: https://boards.fireden.net/v/thread/450420740/#450421598

- No new AC game in 2019. This year is Watch_Dogs 3.
- Watch dogs 3 will be set in London
- Focus more on smaller firearms and knives for combat with a larger emphasis on hacking
- New Character. Can choose male or female (like Far Cry 5), but same story.

- Next Assassins Creed is codenamed Legion in 2020 on current and next gen
- Set in Italy at the end of reign of Marcus Aurelius (guy from Gladiator) and during the struggles of his son Commodus and the year of 5 emperors
- Play as Cassius or Lucia, a descendent of characters from Origins and Odyssey
- Unclear which is canon, but like odyssey features choices and heavy RPG elements and same story for both characters.
- Made by Sofia to tie up some loose ends for the "Ancient Trilogy" and currently is more first civ intensive than other game.
- Main story is more involved in assassins and politics with first civ and flashbacks to other points in Rome history being secondary. Ubi wants to make it feel more like assassins creed while feeling like Odyssey to make old and new fans happy
- Map is mainland Italy and small part of Gaul and Germania like Libya in Origins
- Revised mercenary and cultist system. Big cultists and main story assassinations have those memory things

I also heard a while back that a podcast of people that know AC stuff said similar things. Obviously it's far from confirmed, but AC is a franchise with a tradition of leaking.

As a huge fan of Roman history, I can't overstate how much I want the next AC game to be set in Imperial Rome, so I strongly want to believe in this. It's not my favorite period in time for an AC game, that wold be early 4th century AD, but the reign of Marcus Aurelius and the strife that followed are a very good setting for two main reasons:

- Rome, as a city, was close to its peak when it comes to architecture. The Colosseum and the Pantheon were already built, but we would be missing the Baths of Caracalla and the Basilica of Maxentius, two major buildings in the city of Rome. But we would have many other forums and Bath, and as far as population goes, the second biggest city in AC history, only behind London.

- After more than 100 years of stability, this is the time that Rome saw things starting to go wrong. We have civil war and political strife. A rich setting for an AC game no doubt. No to mention it's also more or less the same setting as Gladiator. Considering how much 300 influenced Odyssey it wouldn't be a stretch to think something similar may happen here.

Last edited:

VectorPrime

Banned
Apr 4, 2018
This follows the leak from 3 years ago that said the next 3 games would be Egypt Greece and Rome.

OP
OP
SofNascimento

SofNascimento

cursed
Oct 28, 2017
São Paulo - Brazil
This follows the leak from 3 years ago that said the next 3 games would be Egypt Greece and Rome.

Not exactly true. That leaked was only about Origins (then called Empire) and the author of the leak supposed they might go to Greece and Rome next, but that was a personal opinion rather than part of the leak. But he did get Odyssey right (even though it wasn't the same protagonist) so for the love of Minerva I hope he get the third game right as well.

WhtR88t

May 14, 2018
I expect most games for the first few years of PS5/Anacondas life to be cross gen, much longer than before because the generations are so similar architecturally.

ArkhamFantasy

Oct 25, 2017
Wish the Watch Dogs devs would just drop guns entirely and go all out on the tech. It's like i'm playing two different games, the generic GTA clone, and the cool and innovative tech sand box, but they go back and forth so much that it's jarring to me.

Nostradamus

Oct 28, 2017
"- Main story is more involved in assassins and politics with first civ and flashbacks to other points in Rome history being secondary. Ubi wants to make it feel more like assassins creed while feeling like Odyssey to make old and new fans happy"

This makes me soooooooo happy.

Tagyhag

Oct 27, 2017
Sounds good, always love thinking about a fully realized Rome in video games.

Ryse was a nice taste.

holtz

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I haven't bought an AC game in ages but a Rome setting would get me to buy this one.

Cokesouls

One Winged Slayer
Oct 28, 2017
Italy AGAIN before attempting Japan or another Asian Country? If this is true then I can't believe how tone def Ubi is.

SmokingBun

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Loved Odyssey but hard pass on this one

EDIT:

I SWEAR TO GOD THE NEXT THREE BETTER BE INDIA-CHINA-JAPAN!!

Or go back to Africa, maybe do something with the Aztecs and Inca!

Nintendo

Prophet of Regret
Oct 27, 2017
Wish the Watch Dogs devs would just drop guns entirely and go all out on the tech. It's like i'm playing two different games, the generic GTA clone, and the cool and innovative tech sand box, but they go back and forth so much that it's jarring to me.

You can play WD2 without using guns, can't you? They don't go back and forth.

I think the best approach it to make it like Sleeping Dogs where you can pick up guns if needed and drop them when you're done with them. You can't store guns on you.

impact

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Tampa
I'd prefer a more radically different setting. Its gonna look like Odyssey and that game looks too samey.

Also I know different time period but wasn't AC Brotherhood Rome as well?

Masterspeed

Oct 25, 2017
England
London Watchdogs?! Oh my god yes please. Now you Americans can finally see how many cameras we have in this country. We probably have more cameras in London than you guys can have in a state. It's unreal how many there are.

SArcher

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Wish we could get another Kassandra game.

OP
OP
SofNascimento

SofNascimento

cursed
Oct 28, 2017
São Paulo - Brazil

Lukar

Unshakable Resolve - Prophet of Truth
Oct 27, 2017
Stuff like this:

- No new AC game in 2019. This year is Watch_Dogs 3.
- Watch dogs 3 will be set in London

is already assumed / known for a long time. Not sure I'll jump onto "this leak is real!" when W_D3 inevitably gets announced. But at the same time, the leak doesn't sound far-fetched or anything.

I hope it is true, since it sounds like it'll involve the Isu a lot. I just hope the modern day comes back in full force— haha who the fuck am I kidding, Ubisoft loathes us and will never make modern day good again.

Blackthorn

Oct 26, 2017
London
Rome at its peak will be spectacular but it's a shame we're not continuing the story of Bayek and Aya because I really liked those two.

Totally in for a Kassandra cameo though.

DaiJyoubs

Oct 25, 2017
WHY CAN'T WE EVER GET JAPAN?!
Anyways, while the leak seems realistic, if the source is 4-chan, I'm not gonna believe it until something more reputable pops up.

Blizz

Oct 25, 2017
London was also confirmed as the WD3 setting in a post-credits scene that was patched into WD2. So I don't think this leak is providing a ton of new info on that front.
Yeah I'm aware of it, just happy it isn't in the US again, change of architecture is nice, also, CCTV and all that makes perfect sense.

Meg Cherry

Oct 25, 2017
Seattle, WA
I feel like Ubi won't attempt a Feudal Japan AC until after Ghosts of Tsushima is released & passed the cultural conciousness. That game looks to be hitting a lot of the same beats - and I can see Ubisoft not wanting to go toe-to-toe with a major Sony first-party release.

Or maybe do Japan, but in a different time period.

Edit : I had to edit this twice because I kept confusing Ghosts' title with Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.