• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Rychu

Oct 25, 2017
Utah, USA
A friend told me on Discord that he had found a GameFAQs post from a week ago online that accurately said the date that the online service would be revealed and all of the details on it (as well as the entire E3 Presentation).

Based on the amount of stuff it got right, I thought there's a good chance it may be legit.

EDIT: It originated from 4chan, instantly fake. RIP.

https://gamefaqs.gamespot.com/boards/189706-nintendo-switch/76571076/900653271

-Nintendo's releasing details about their Online Service on May 7th.
-Service goes live on September 24th
-Service offers dedicated voice chat through an existing chat service, Discord being the most popular choice, exclusive Eshop discounts, and a Games With Gold/PlayStation Plus like Service where retro games are given to people every month and are allowed to keep the games as long as they have the service.
-Nintendo is ditching the Virtual Console brand and replacing it with 'Nintendo Classics'. Games offered through this are much cheaper than they were before and is going to launch with NES and GBA games in August with SNES and N64 games being made available late 2018/ early 2019.
-Nintendo E3 Presentation is currently 36 minutes long and focuses only on Switch titles with Treehouse being used to announce and show 3DS titles.
-The first reveal is of the Spyro trilogy coming to Switch, though there's a reason they've been waiting to reveal it.
-Fire Emblem is next and the title for it is 'Lustrous Daybreak'. Coming holiday this year.
-Yoshi is next, now subtitled Flipped Around and features the same Amiibo functionality as Wooly World. Releases in August.
-New Paper Mario game is next and is not being developed by Intelligent Systems. Goes back to the traditional partner style gameplay but still heavily features the character limitations imposed for Sticker Star and Color Splash. Coming 2019
-Mario Odyssey DLC is next. Luigi is being released that day as a playable character and adds 70 unique moons to the game. Wario and Waluigi are also being made playable characters with 70 moons each as well. No tentative release date on the other two characters, but they are being made playable at the show floor.
-Activision makes some announcements. Crash Bandicoot Amiibo is being made that adds harder time trials to the N'Sane trilogy and is teased to have some kind of functionality with Spyro trilogy.
-Black Ops 4 Battle Royale is coming to Switch with crossplay with PC and Xbox, regular Black Ops 4 is not coming to Switch.
-Sega reveals their Sega Ages line for the west and two of the games they're releasing under it are the first two Sonic Adventure games.
-Super Sonic Racing is revealed and takes inspiration from Sonic R with some characters like Sonic running on their own while characters like Tails use vehicles. Some kind of Nintendo exclusive content is teased for the game as well.
-Next is a Metroid Prime 4 gameplay trailer. Coming 2019.
-Pokémon for Switch is revealed. It's a new take on Red and Blue and features graphics that are midway between Sun/Moon and Pokken.
-Five Nights at Freddy's is coming to Switch, though reports are coming in that content may have been censored on Scott Cawthon's end, not enforced by Nintendo. Coming out in the fall.
-Two trailers for Smash Bros for Switch are the last things. One reveals Captain Toad, the other reveals Crash Bandicoot and Spyro, this is why they've been quiet about the Switch version of the trilogy. Gameplay is shown and is a mix of Smash 4 and Melee, being very colorful yet detailed. Coming out September alongside the Online Service.
-Ice Climbers are set to be revealed during the Treehouse Live.

That's all. I don't know anymore specifics than that because I'm not the person who actually saw all of this, a contact with connections to marketing saw all of this and shared it to me.
Have a good day and remember to check back on this on May 7th.

Last edited:

ClickyCal'

Oct 25, 2017
4035710-in-before-the-lock.gif

Terraforce

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Since you're already there, you should check up on the follow up topic where he debunks it himself.

Also in before lock?

Platy

Oct 25, 2017
Brazil
notthisshitagain.jpg

Bolded is false, haven't mentioned family account, haven't mentioned exact dates or classics stuff

Service offers dedicated voice chat through an existing chat service, Discord being the most popular choice, exclusive Eshop discounts, and a Games With Gold/PlayStation Plus like Service where retro games are given to people every month and are allowed to keep the games as long as they have the service.
-Nintendo is ditching the Virtual Console brand and replacing it with 'Nintendo Classics'. Games offered through this are much cheaper than they were before and is going to launch with NES and GBA games in August with SNES and N64 games being made available late 2018/ early 2019.

Sega reveals their Sega Ages line for the west and two of the games they're releasing under it are the first two Sonic Adventure games.

And it was not may 7 at everywhere in the world

gordofredito

Banned
Jan 16, 2018
-Fire Emblem is next and the title for it is 'Lustrous Daybreak'. Coming holiday this year.
Lustrous Daybreak is basically Fire Emblem Radiant Dawn lmao, they didn't event try
-Next is a Metroid Prime 4 gameplay trailer. Coming 2019.
-Pokémon for Switch is revealed. It's a new take on Red and Blue
this is how you spot them too, if the Fire Emblem one wasn't enough. The "leaks" are always about Red & Blue remakes, every year

Edward

▲ Legend ▲
Avenger
Oct 30, 2017
Even though it's fake i would love a Red/Blue remake. It would absolutely move systems for people who don't game much but either grew up on Pokemon Blue/Red or played it and loved it, got in to the card game etc. and are now older with disposable income and see a remake they loved as a child, plays Pokemon Go casually and you can play on an afforable home/portable console? Easy money.

Do it. Just do it.

Five night's at freddy's? A 4 year old game really? lol
Skyrim
Payday 2
Mario Kart 8
Rayman
Bayonetta 1+2
DeBlob 1+2

I can keep going. It's a new platform, old games can and do sell especially good games. Although i don't much care for Freddy if people play it and still buy it why not leave money on the table? Seems like a good system to put it on if you're a fan of the game because you can play it on the go.

Jahranimo

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Sheesh OP you must be younger than 21.

Gonna get my post in before the thread's locked!

Xshade90

Nov 2, 2017
Wasn't that leak originating from 4 Chan and having the gamefaq user trying to take credit for it?

Status
Not open for further replies.