• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Oct 25, 2017
Arizona
Microsoft literally has said that there strategy is to bring their games to as many platforms as possible.

And while the Switch has made progress on Nintendo lacking mature games targeted toward Western male audiences, Microsoft would help that out. I can definitely see a Halo title on the Switch. It was once considered for the DS.

That said, I can see this being more realistic if there is some type of Microsoft app store you have to use or something.
Halo was not considered for DS. It was an unsolicited pitch from an outside studio that went nowhere.

Oct 25, 2017
I think this partnership is more of allusion to what Microsoft is expecting Google to bring to the table. They're trying to cover all bases, and finding a way to benefit from what's guaranteed to be the hottest console for the next 1.5-2yrs is way to bridge the gap to the next Xbox. Google might really have something legit.

I may have missed this, but what exactly is Google rumored to be doing? Just another streaming service?

SuperBlank

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 31, 2017
I really doubt MS's triple-A games come over, but the indies they get behind (ala Ori and Cuphead), and the Rare stuff, maybe.

Dewin

Oct 26, 2017
MS games on Switch? I'd like that! As a PS4, PC and Switch owner it will give me zero interest in ever owning an Xbox though.

Herb Alpert

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Paris, France
In a long term strategy maybe Nintendo is aware that they won't be able to take the streaming route by themselves. Maybe they are testing the waters for a future "partnership".

Ge0force

Self-requested ban.
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Belgium
Interesting, curious what they are up to. Perhaps Microsoft can teach Nintendo how to do online gaming right? :)

SpokkX

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Ms is all about multiplatform services and software these days (which is great imo). Xbox as a closed hardware platform does not fit their corporate strategy

This will be ms streaming services/xb live services and ports of some ms-published games on switch

I wont be nintendo software on ms platforms. Ms WANTS to spread it software, nintendont

Wombat_Lover

Banned
Jan 20, 2019
Found it
4f353dd1-ebe5-46e6-b993-254cb4388694-jpeg.193652

What if the other reason MS has been buying studios is because MS is selling Rare to Nintendo.

P-MAC

Nov 15, 2017
MS games on Switch? I'd like that! As a PS4, PC and Switch owner it will give me zero interest in ever owning an Xbox though.

Think they're going towards getting as many customers as they can across all systems anyway. If you subscribe to xcloud on switch they don't really need to give a shit about you buying an Xbox.

It's a clever way to grow their audience rapidly without directly competing with Sony too much.

Will be the same on mobile and windows 10 I assume.

(If this is in fact what's happening and not just the rare stuff )

Miles Iz Ded

Oct 28, 2017
I really hope that this is a two-way thing and that we can get Nintendo stuff (big hitters at least) on Xbox. I doubt it (as exclusives are such an incentive to buy Nintendo consoles) but maybe some older stuff? Free money for Nintendo.

Bear and bird

Oct 27, 2017
Microsoft could sell the Banjo Kazooie IP to Nintendo
Fixed it for you.

And I doubt that too, tbh. KI 2013, Rare Replay and BT 2019 are obvious signs that Xbox is taking Rare's history more seriously after the Kinect era.

I don't doubt that they will eventually get to B-K as well. Maybe Perfect Dark too, if the rumours are to be believed.

Ronin1138

Banned
Jan 10, 2019
Any attempt to resurrect scalebound is a complete waste of resources. The game looked like hot garbage from day one and even Kamiya knows it.

I cant believe their are gamers clammering for it. Like we just got Crackdown 3 and Anthem and people are like "Can we have more shitty games please?"

Deleted member 36578

Dec 21, 2017
Any attempt to resurrect scalebound is a complete waste of resources. The game looked like hot garbage from day one and even Kamiya knows it.

I cant believe their are gamers clammering for it. Like we just got Crackdown 3 and Anthem and people are like "Can we have more shitty games please?"

Dude. You get to have a dragon friend that helps you fight and you can ride. The action and style was straight up Devil May Cry. It looked freaking awesome!!!! Comparing it to games we know turned out poorly is a silly comparison. Both Cd3 and Anthem could've been good. They weren't instantly bad games when they were announced. I can't even with this attitude. Scalebound was something I would've certainly been interested in.

TheRaidenPT

Editor-in-Chief, Hyped Pixels
Verified
Jun 11, 2018
Lisbon, Portugal
Microsoft is preparing to move the Xbox brand multi platform with GamePass and Xbox Live which is a smart choice since their platform sort of became a "niche" to some this generation.

Switch is quickly coming up in Xbox sales and Sony is completely dominating the home console space with PS4... I assume Microsoft strategy is an hybrid one that involves both hardware and services via multi platform

Deleted member 35598

User requested account closure
Banned
Dec 7, 2017
Spain
I won't be surprised there is some type f strong collaboration for Next Gen.

I'm calling it right now. We will have Nintendo games coming to Gamepass and X Cloud.

Batatina

Oct 25, 2017
Edinburgh, UK
I actually am not a huge fan of this partnership. I think that apart from creating a better OS, Nintendo has nothing to gain quality and creativity wise from partnering with Microsoft. I'd rather not have Microsoft's lackluster handling of first-party influence Nintendo in any way. If it's just Microsoft putting some games on Switch then sure, but why would they do that when Xbox barely has any first-party games coming out anyway.

I'm not sure what Xbox's game plan is, perhaps they want to put the cloud version of the next-gen console on Switch, with some kind of revenue deal with Nintendo? That would alright, I'd probably pay for that when some of those new acquisitions start to bear fruit.

nekkid

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I actually am not a huge fan of this partnership. I think that apart from creating a better OS, Nintendo has nothing to gain quality and creativity wise from partnering with Microsoft. I'd rather not have Microsoft's lackluster handling of first-party influence Nintendo in any way. If it's just Microsoft putting some games on Switch then sure, but why would they do that when Xbox barely has any first-party games coming out anyway.

I'm not sure what Xbox's game plan is, perhaps they want to put the cloud version of the next-gen console on Switch, with some kind of revenue deal with Nintendo? That would alright, I'd probably pay for that when some of those new acquisitions start to bear fruit.

That post was quite the rollercoaster!

DannyClash

Oct 25, 2017
This sounds pretty promising

Xbox and Switch is a big chunk of my gaming time

Could only lead to good stuff for me

SuperBlank

Banned
Oct 31, 2017

I'd be very doubtful of this collaboration leading to MS influencing Nintendo with their first-party direction (past maybe a bit of crossover content). I think even Nintendo is aware that that area is their strong suit already.

BGA

Oct 26, 2017
Microsoft publishing games on Switch is one thing, but having Xcloud I'm not sure would benefit Nintendo in future. I don't see what Nintendo gains herr when things becomes even more serviced based.

Last edited:

Batatina

Oct 25, 2017
Edinburgh, UK
That post was quite the rollercoaster!
Haha sorry, I'm not trying to spark anyone's rage, I guess you can tell I haven't been impressed with Microsoft's output, and because of that their association with Nintendo does not excite me. Just my point-of-view, I don't disrespect anyone who is happier with them and the idea of them collaborating.

GuEiMiRrIRoW

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Brazil
I actually think nintendo is trying to negotiate with Microsoft the use or their xbox live servers and infrastructure.

Microsoft could throw a bone letting nintendo use banjo and other rare stuff. I can only see that.

Nintendo won't let anyone sell their services on switch. They won't make money out of it.

GuEiMiRrIRoW

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Brazil

Online infrastructure. Servers, control of hacking, communities, control of data about customers etc.