• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

poptire

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I can see more Microsoft titles making their way to Switch but it'll be a cold day in hell when one of Nintendo's goes the other way. That just isn't happening, people buy Nintendo consoles for Nintendo games and they are absolutely not going to give up their sole competitive advantage.
Yeah, this. Nintendo allowing xcloud and ports on the Switch benefit both companies while Mario or Pokemon showing up on Xbox/PC devalues those brands and people lose incentive to buy Nintendo hardware.

Sydle

Oct 27, 2017
Ori and xCloud, please. Maybe the new Battletoads? New Banjo would be amazing as well.

funky

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Plenty of ways it makes sense for MS games and services to expand to Nintendo hardware but I wonder if Nintendo will ever be convinced to return in kind somehow.

SuperBlank

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 31, 2017
If you can find a copy of Indie Gamer Chick's (now deleted) tweets from like last week, you may consider adding them to the OP. They're of a similar theme.

Though I'm unsure of her credibility.

Lusamine

Oct 25, 2017
Bring Gears to Switch.
okay
gearspop_1280x720-37d01361541c4a7480f59691a2229336.jpg

Peleo

Nov 2, 2017
I have no idea what they might have planned for the future, would happily take Banjo in Smash, Cuphead on Switch and Rare games on N64 classic though.

Godzilla24

Nov 12, 2017
Breath of the wild and Mario Odyssey with native 4k and High resolution texture for Xbox One X? Can it be?

Dr. Caroll

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Tweets were later deleted, but IndieGamerChick on Nintendo, who used to be tight with MS, said that Nintendo and Microsoft have been making deals behind the scenes. Strongly implying Smash Bros content and "things you plug into your TV" (probably N64 classic). She also talked about some of the behind the scenes industry scuttlebutt about Nintendo and Rare and MS. There was reportedly bad blood between Nintendo and Rare in various areas. Nintendo had a weird tendency to "forget" to showcase Rare's games at trade shows, for example. Also...

Allegedly, the "suggestion" that Dinosaur Planet be turned into Star Fox Adventures (with all the butchery of Krystal that entailed) was driven by Nintendo wanting to essentially take the IP away from Rare. They knew Rare were considering leaving (they'd been approached by MS as early as January 2000), and they didn't like the idea of Rare taking Dinosaur Planet with them. So they quietly stole it. The universe, the characters, and the game itself all became Nintendo's property.

Apparently MS and Nintendo are both interested in resurrecting the GoldenEye XBLA remaster, but there are rights issues with other parties.

Panda Andino

Nov 5, 2018
Maybe something like this:

This is the 1st example, docked graphics smash in portable media (online demostration to verificate that this is no emulation from the future)

This is the 2nd example, xbox graphics portable DMC V demo.

I just created those 2 videos to show you what its next in this ecosystem, but cant create threads :(.

DaveB

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
New Hampshire, USA
I'd absolutely double dip on RARE Replay and Killer Instinct if they somehow made their way over in decent condition. The latter I think is a slightly dicier proposition. I vaguely recall seeing early footage of the Xbox 360 version of the game, and it wasn't anywhere near as impressive visually.

I mean, I know graphics aren't everything, but I've played the game so much on XB1 that I'd notice the downgrades and not be happy.

bomma man

Oct 25, 2017
The goldeneye remaster:

1. Is finished, and would just need to be ported;
2. Was only cancelled because the Wii version would look like shit in comparison. While this would still be 1080p v 4K, I don't think it's as big of a deal; and
3. IIRC no games company has the Bond licence at the moment, so they have to deal with one less party.

Seems pretty possible!

Magicgamer

Oct 28, 2017
Unless Nintendo games end up on the Xbox I don't see how this benefits Microsoft. Putting Minecraft and Hellblade on all platforms makes sense because they were made to be multiplatform but it doesn't bring new people into their own ecosystem which is their main goal I think.

OP
OP
Hero of Legend
Oct 26, 2017
Right now I just want singular ports of Rare's 360 games on Switch at minimum. Viva Pinata, Viva Pinata: Trouble in Paradise, Kameo: Elements of Power, Banjo-Kazooie: Nuts & Bolts, MAYBE Perfect Dark Zero (plus the original), and a Banjo-Kazooie + Banjo Tooie 2-pack in a cart each.

One game I think would be sick to see and far easier and more manageable than Banjo-Threeie as a start, is a 3D remake of Banjo-Kazooie: Grunty's Revenge. That's literally the closest we ever had to Banjo-Threeie anyway. Playtonic can easily handle that.

sibarraz

Prophet of Regret - One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Unless Nintendo games end up on the Xbox I don't see how this benefits Microsoft. Putting Minecraft and Hellblade on all platforms makes sense because they were made to be multiplatform but it doesn't bring new people into their own ecosystem which is their main goal I think.

Microsoft will win more putting their services on the Switch than selling Nintendo games on their consoles that would never be the priority for Nintendo.

There is a lot of money in the service business

Mr. Pointy

Oct 28, 2017
Eh. Nintendo should still port their NSO console app and Tetris 99 over to XB1 and PC and charge for it like the Switch version.

Tetrinski

Banned
May 17, 2018
I can see more Microsoft titles making their way to Switch but it'll be a cold day in hell when one of Nintendo's goes the other way. That just isn't happening, people buy Nintendo consoles for Nintendo games and they are absolutely not going to give up their sole competitive advantage.
When parents don´t want to buy their kids a console anymore because they can stream games with their smart TV, is Nintendo going to build a reliable streaming service across multiple platforms? Microsoft can offer Nintendo a platform where they both launch their games and reach an audience (and sales, whether that´s games or subscriptions) unprecedented for any of them.

We are thinking about next gen and the next five years, but those decisions have been made. How will Nintendo compete in 10 years? This partnership makes a lot of sense.

Inugami

Oct 25, 2017
Nintendo and Microsoft offering Xbox streaming Switch so you could create a sort of Super Wii U would be an interesting and fun twist to this. It would encourage both console companies to invest in the other's ecosystems. Hell, I'd buy an X for that, my pro hasn't gotten a lot of love lately and honestly I haven't cared too much about either system's exclusives.

Do people actually think Nintendo would put their games on a competing platform or is it just "Nintendo is going third-party." wishful thinking.

It wouldn't necessarily have to be Nintendo putting games on Xbox. Brand deals, cross overs could be interesting and be similar to Nintendo's branching out to smartphones, only aimed at hardcore gamers.

Enzom21

Oct 25, 2017
Do people actually think Nintendo would put their games on a competing platform or is it just "Nintendo is going third-party." wishful thinking.