RUMOR: Nintendo approached Valve for exclusive Switch game, Half-Life Tactics (cancelled)

Oct 25, 2017

Summary:
-Stresses this is UNCORROBORATED
-Nintendo approached Valve for an exclusive Half-Life title of some kind
-Gabe likes the switch
-They don’t promise anything but start prototyping
-Cancelled in 2017-2018

Watch the video for full details.

Just to be clear, this is uncorroborated!

Last edited:
May 2, 2018
Valve greenlighting a Half Life tactics game before a new proper HL title would have made the Diablo Immortal reaction look like any other Wednesday. I seriously doubt this rumour, as I cannot possibly believe Valve are that ignorant.

Oct 25, 2017
There have definitely been rumors of a Valve+Nintendo partnership in recent years, but it's interesting they were actually developing a game. Would love to see the two try again. Both very unique companies.

Oct 27, 2017
Valve greenlighting a Half Life tactics game before a new proper HL title would have made the Diablo Immortal reaction look like any other Wednesday. I seriously doubt this rumour, as I cannot possibly believe Valve are that ignorant.
Valve released their first game in five years last Fall. It was Artifact, a Dota-themed TCG. It had less than 500 peak concurrent players today.

I totally believe that Valve are that ignorant.

Fat4all

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
bork land
You'd think if they were at the table together some ports of older Valve titles might've been considered as well, but I don't think there's been any rumors of sommit like Portal going to Switch has there?

edit: besides bridge construction, obviously