• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Oct 25, 2017

Summary:
-Stresses this is UNCORROBORATED
-Nintendo approached Valve for an exclusive Half-Life title of some kind
-Gabe likes the switch
-They don't promise anything but start prototyping
-Cancelled in 2017-2018

Watch the video for full details.

Just to be clear, this is uncorroborated!

Last edited:

NippleViking

May 2, 2018
Valve greenlighting a Half Life tactics game before a new proper HL title would have made the Diablo Immortal reaction look like any other Wednesday. I seriously doubt this rumour, as I cannot possibly believe Valve are that ignorant.

Deleted member 43077

User requested account closure
Banned
May 9, 2018
imagine the reaction if the a logo faded in and said "Half-Life" only to have it say Tactics instead of 3 lmao

Durante

Dark Souls Man
Oct 24, 2017
"VNN" is basically random clickbait, so while it's not impossible that this happened, I really wouldn't put much stock into it.

vestan

#REFANTAZIO SWEEP
Dec 28, 2017
>Valve News Network

lmfao bruh please tell me you aren't using Tyler as your source

Keyser S

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
This is a guy spouting nonsense when showing a video of Lambda Wars. I could do that too.

Toni

Banned
Nov 13, 2017
Orlando, Florida
trump.gif

waffleboy

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Gabe Newell and Shigeru Miyamoto were in the closet making babies, and I saw one of the babies, and then the baby looked at me.

MykonosFan

Oct 25, 2017
So like, this would have melted video games, if it's at all remotely true. But dawg, I'mma be real. I'd be all over Half-Life Tactics.

Deleted member 36578

Dec 21, 2017
I don't believe this for a second. However, I'd purchase it if it existed.

Instro

Oct 25, 2017
There have definitely been rumors of a Valve+Nintendo partnership in recent years, but it's interesting they were actually developing a game. Would love to see the two try again. Both very unique companies.

XSX

Oct 31, 2017
Nintendo and Valve working together is very believable, the half life spin off part is not.

Deleted member 1476

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I would've wanted it just for the meltdowns. The Bayo 2 reveal and the subsequent fallout would look like a footnote compared to this.

Deleted member 11214

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Valve greenlighting a Half Life tactics game before a new proper HL title would have made the Diablo Immortal reaction look like any other Wednesday. I seriously doubt this rumour, as I cannot possibly believe Valve are that ignorant.

Valve released their first game in five years last Fall. It was Artifact, a Dota-themed TCG. It had less than 500 peak concurrent players today.

I totally believe that Valve are that ignorant.

Oct 27, 2017
OMG can you imagine how insane the outrage would have been if Valve would have made a Half Life game that is not a mainline sequel? The internet would have been on fire for weeks.

Fat4all

Woke up, got a money tag, swears a lot
Oct 25, 2017
here
You'd think if they were at the table together some ports of older Valve titles might've been considered as well, but I don't think there's been any rumors of sommit like Portal going to Switch has there?

edit: besides bridge construction, obviously

giancarlo123x

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I wish it existed just for the trailer.
*cool trailer plays, half life logo pops up*
Crowd goes crazy
"TACTICS"
BOOOOOO

Oct 25, 2017
Canada
Should be noted that this was cancelled during its prototyping phase. Just like 90% of every other post-Episode 2 attempt at making a half life game.

Revolsin

Usage of alt-account.
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
A collaboration attempt from Nintendo and Valve to create a Half Life actually sounds pretty awesome. I'd be into it

sredgrin

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
It's not cancelled, it's just coming soon to the Epic Game Store.

Xumbrega

Oct 25, 2017
Brasil
No way.

I'd like to be put into the timeline that this was revealed, so I can see the internet reaction.

Someone?