• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Acquila

Oct 26, 2017
Announcing the new Half Life... Tactics, a card game based on the Half Life universe.

NippleViking

May 2, 2018
Valve released their first game in five years last Fall. It was Artifact, a Dota-themed TCG. It had less than 500 peak concurrent players today.

I totally believe that Valve are that ignorant.
Artifact's scenario is no where near as egregious as the one suggested here. You're comparing a dinky little card game, versus a tactics entry in a legendary PC franchise that has been memed to hell and back for a lack of new installments, that would have been exclusive to a platform most PC gamers don't even own. These aren't remotely comparable.

HighFive

Oct 25, 2017
Jesus fuck. What the hell. April fools day is in two week btw. I just cant stop laughing at this.

Oct 27, 2017
Australia
Final Fantasy Tactics, Metal Gear Ac!d, Rabbids Kingdom Battle are all top tier in their related series. I'd prefer a Half-Life Tactics spinoff to another FPS, tbh

DrForester

Mod of the Year 2006
Oct 25, 2017
The outrage of Valve announcing a new Half Life game that wasn't Half Life 3 would have been a sight to behold.

CommodoreKong

Oct 25, 2017
They tried to sell mods for games.

I think that had good intentions it was just very poorly executed. Valve has always been a big supporter of the mod community, from hiring modders and making new, more polished versions of their products to selling community made content in their games and giving the creators a cut.

It really should have been an optional donation system for verified mod creators where the creator makes all the money minus taxes (they have a similar system in place for TF2 map makers who have maps that go official).

Deleted member 2840

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Tbh I'd love Switch ports of their games. Both Portals, the HLs, even CS:GO and , hell, DOTA 2 on the Switch would be fun to see.

Baladium

Banned
Apr 18, 2018
Sleep Deprivation Zone
Gabe Newell and Shigeru Miyamoto were in the closet making babies, and I saw one of the babies, and then the baby looked at me.

3926.jpg

Yeah, your post was obviously bait for an avatar-quote. ;)

poptire

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Some kind of co-op Portal would've made a lot more sense. Not that any of this happened, but you know.

If you are gonna make stuff up at least make it plausible.

Sandstar

Oct 28, 2017
I think that had good intentions it was just very poorly executed. Valve has always been a big supporter of the mod community, from hiring modders and making new, more polished versions of their products to selling community made content in their games and giving the creators a cut.

It really should have been an optional donation system for verified mod creators where the creator makes all the money minus taxes (they have a similar system in place for TF2 map makers who have maps that go official).

Well, i don't necessarily disagree that they were well intentioned (I do thing it'd be good if mod makers could make some money) but their implementation, as you said, was trash. But that's sort of my point. They've had good intentions before, and fucked up.

Deleted member 10737

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
i doubt this is real, but if it is, i'm glad they didn't go through with it. the shit show of the reactions wouldn't have been worth it.

Castamere

Oct 26, 2017
I feel like if Nintendo had to choose they'd choose Portal over Half Life. An FPS puzzle game with humor, even dark, fits in way more than a horror lite post apocalyptic shooter.

Plus, I doubt Valve would be that tonedeaf.

Adnor

Oct 25, 2017
i was about to say, isn't this the same channel that spread that rumor about Valve firing half their VR team a week or two ago?
And made a video about how one of the Portal writers returned to Valve as a full time writer, when it was false.
And made a video about Counter-Strike having an ARG, which was also fake.

VNN is not a credible source for anything.

MondoMega

One Winged Slayer
Jan 10, 2018
Australia
I don't know if I buy this one, but wow, Valve are so lucky that this never got revealed or released. The backlash would've been insane.

caff!!!

Oct 29, 2017
I have an unconfirmed rumor that left 4 dead 3 is just a hat trading game. Now this is uncofirmed but my secret source and not my valve fan fiction folder say it's just hat jpgs you trade for ones you like. There will even be a TF2 cross promo item where the cool hat is in the game. Also there's hats for the guns as well

cognizant

Dec 19, 2017
Gabe Newell and Shigeru Miyamoto were in the closet making babies, and I saw one of the babies, and then the baby looked at me.

"kill me..."
hoju backs away from the baby and begins closing the closet door.
"don't leave meee..."

It's not cancelled, it's just coming soon to the Epic Game Store.

Ahaha.

"Why would you do this to us Steam players Gabe?"
"Look, Epic offered us devs the best deal. Competition is good."
"!?"

nekkid

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Somehow I doubt this. Adding "Tactics" to the end of a title is a bit cliche at this point.

Alexandros

Oct 26, 2017
I very much doubt that Valve would ok a full Switch exclusive. PC and Switch, sure. Switch only, they would face a monumental shitstorm.

Deleted member 11276

Account closed at user request
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Thank god. Imagine the outrage because it isn't a real Half Life game.

Maybe one day Nintendo will do the right thing and approach Valve for a Half Life 3 for Switch. And help them with that.

Alastor3

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Good that it was canceled, fuck Valve, they don't care about consumers, and they have made zero effort to save Artifact which I really love the gameplay

JahIthBer

Jan 27, 2018
That would have been fun, but Valve just can't seem to get any video games off of the ground after DOTA2. Artifact is there i guess but well ya know...

Yukinari

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The Danger Zone
If you told me Bayo and Ultimate Alliance would have switch exclusive sequels one day id say youre trolling.

But this would a super tone deaf move by valve to do.

WieDerrickWie

Jul 4, 2018
"VNN" is basically random clickbait, so while it's not impossible that this happened, I really wouldn't put much stock into it.
When I pointed this out in the thread about Valve firing half their VR team a couple people tried to call me out on it. I specifically mentioned wait for other sources to report on it and take him with a grain of salt.
I like Tyler but he's a fanboy that will create clickbait and stir up hype over nothing and reports on literally any crumb of info no matter how plausible or not.

Deleted member 49611

Nov 14, 2018
imagine the outrage if the announcement was like "3 words: HALF. LIFE. *pause* ... tactics"

Madjoki

Oct 25, 2017
Somehow I feel like this is mostly BS to get Nintendo viewers as he's been branching out to Nintendo News in addition to Valve.
Being able to pander two fanbases with single video is almost too good of coincide.