• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Nov 3, 2017
This is probably the best thread for this as I don't want to start a new one on a rumor- http://vgculturehq.com/rumor-bandai-namco-announcing-nintendo-switch-games-december-15/

Apparently Bandai Namco is announcing 5 new games on December 15th, and Nintendo is said to have a big presence at this event. Liam Robertson is claiming that the five games are:
  • Dark Souls Collection
  • One Piece Dawn
  • Soul Caliber 6
  • My Hero Academy (My Hero Academia!?)
  • Xenosaga HD Collection (!!!!)
All of that seems fairly plausible to me (I don't know about One Piece Dawn), but I don't think he specified platforms here. However, if most of those are coming to the Switch I can see Nintendo focusing on a lot of those, especially Xenosaga HD, in the January Direct. I personally would go absolutely nuts for a Dark Souls collection on Switch but I'm trying to stay skeptical (it's hard!!).

As usual this is a rumor, so take it with a grain of salt. Liam has been wrong about things before but he has also been right.

I am so, so excited for the Dark Souls collection on the Switch! I really hope this rumor is real.

Skittzo

Oct 25, 2017
That spelling though...

Hey I just copied directly from the article, I wanted to preserve its authenticity.

And the moment a Dark Souls Trilogy gets announced for the Switch, you can choose whatever avatar for me to use for the next 10 months.

It's not happening

We've had rumors on it before-

He's literally just collection rumors and really obvious stuff we know is out there.

Yeah that seems likely, but I thought I'd share anyway. The article makes a big deal about the Xenosaga HD Collection though because of KOS-MOS appearing in XBC2. But yeah, Liam might have just been guessing about that.

takriel

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The twist for the next 2D Zelda game? It's 2D in handheld mode and 3D in docked mode.

Deleted member 4067

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Liam is saying it's bullshit and he never said that. I really hope we get a Dark souls Trilogy, but it'll probably end up being the first one.

Skittzo

Oct 25, 2017
Liam is saying it's bullshit and he never said that. I really hope we get a Dark souls Trilogy, but it'll probably end up being the first one.

Oh wow, they already changed the article to remove any mention of him. It originally said that he reported that on his Patreon podcast.

Now I'm glad I didn't make a new thread, seems like a bullshit rumor from that site.

Datajoy

use of an alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Angola / Zaire border region.
I brought it up in another thread, but I think a Captain Toad game set in Odyssey's kingdoms would be a really cool sequel. The original sold around the same amount as DKTF and Yoshi, so I think the audience is there.
This is a great idea. I've been wondering how they could follow up on Capt Toad, and a sequel set in Oddysey's world would be perfect. It would fit nicely into the 2018 lineup as well.

Ephonk

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Belgium
This is a great idea. I've been wondering how they could follow up on Capt Toad, and a sequel set in Oddysey's world would be perfect. It would fit nicely into the 2018 lineup as well.
It kind of would make sense. To me it showed captain toad was a work of love by the people of EAD/EPD Tokyo and gave them the chance to work on a slightly different genre but still within the same spirit and engine they are very used to by now. Afaik it sold decently and Captain Toad showing up in Oddysey in a similar fashion as 3D world gives me hope a sequel is in the works.

ghostship

User requested ban
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Oh wow, they already changed the article to remove any mention of him. It originally said that he reported that on his Patreon podcast.

Now I'm glad I didn't make a new thread, seems like a bullshit rumor from that site.

The guy running that site is an absolute hack, from what I've seen.

Anth0ny

Oct 25, 2017
EDIT: Apparently Liam never claimed that these games were coming and this website has since removed any mention of him or his podcast, so assume these rumors are false. It's probably just a list of games he'd like to see, or something like that.

This is probably the best thread for this as I don't want to start a new one on a rumor- http://vgculturehq.com/rumor-bandai-namco-announcing-nintendo-switch-games-december-15/

Apparently Bandai Namco is announcing 5 new games on December 15th, and Nintendo is said to have a big presence at this event. Liam Robertson is claiming that the five games are:
  • Dark Souls Collection
  • One Piece Dawn
  • Soul Caliber 6
  • My Hero Academy (My Hero Academia!?)
  • Xenosaga HD Collection (!!!!)
All of that seems fairly plausible to me (I don't know about One Piece Dawn), but I don't think he specified platforms here. However, if most of those are coming to the Switch I can see Nintendo focusing on a lot of those, especially Xenosaga HD, in the January Direct. I personally would go absolutely nuts for a Dark Souls collection on Switch but I'm trying to stay skeptical (it's hard!!).

As usual this is a rumor, so take it with a grain of salt. Liam has been wrong about things before but he has also been right.

Dark Souls Collection?

bruhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

takriel

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
As long as we get the Dark Souls Trilogy on Switch and Demon's Souls Remaster on PS4, I'm good.

Zoantharia

Oct 30, 2017
Knew that rumor was bullshit when they left out Tales. Spreading fake news and dragging other people into it, what a shitty website.

Sammy Samusu

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Beyonce's Womb
How can you guys believe in Souls Collection?

You think they gonna port 3 games and sell it for $60? Like, really.

They might port the last one with DLC, if that.

Gambit

Oct 27, 2017
It kind of would make sense. To me it showed captain toad was a work of love by the people of EAD/EPD Tokyo and gave them the chance to work on a slightly different genre but still within the same spirit and engine they are very used to by now. Afaik it sold decently and Captain Toad showing up in Oddysey in a similar fashion as 3D world gives me hope a sequel is in the works.

Yes, it seemed very similar. Especially since he always said "I don't know how I got here". Captain Toad needs to return.

I am hoping the same is true for Peach. Let us see how her travels have gone!

ghostship

User requested ban
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I had heard of it before but I didn't realize it had a bad reputation. The more you know.

Dunno if it has a reputation as such, just every time I've read something there it's got the depth of a puddle, is littered with inaccuracies, and as you've seen any clangers are quietly edited out once he experiences some pushback.

Skittzo

Oct 25, 2017
Dunno if it has a reputation as such, just every time I've read something there it's got the depth of a puddle, is littered with inaccuracies, and as you've seen any clangers are quietly edited out once he experiences some pushback.

Funnily enough there's a little facebook box on the side of the page which shows the original text of the article talking about Liam's podcast. I guess they aren't super thorough removing their BS.

ghostship

User requested ban
Banned
Oct 27, 2017

No, certainly not. Liam's only crime* is, as with many leakers, being a little bit hubristic, he's not always on the money but he's consistently worth paying attention to. I'm talking about the guy that nicked his patreon content and misrepresented it.

*note: not actually a crime

Grandpa_Pixel

Nov 10, 2017
United Kingdom

I can but it would come with a compromise of some sort. Maybe only 1 of the is on the cartridge and the rest are digital? Maybe they are not a collection but separate games at a lower price? (or high price) Or they are together but the cartridge release is expensive?

I can see it being very plausible? But it would be a silver egg rather than a golden egg.

kickz

Nov 3, 2017
Can we get another Capcom Nintendo team up for a Zelda Minishcap sequel??

And maybe a new MegaMan BattleNetwork relaunch

Yggfk

Oct 28, 2017
Brazil
Guys. Bamco released Dragon Ball XV 2 for $50 without any DLC a year later from other consoles (besides XV1 story and some other goodies, that is).

They will not release a Dark Souls trilogy for $60, no way. Besides, how many gigs do all 3 games have combined? I don't see them doing that at all. Maybe as separate releases it could make sense, but I think a trilogy (three games in one package) is kinda off the table.

Grandpa_Pixel

Nov 10, 2017
United Kingdom
Guys. Bamco released Dragon Ball XV 2 for $50 without any DLC a year later from other consoles (besides XV1 story and some other goodies, that is).

They will not release a Dark Souls trilogy for $60, no way. Besides, how many gigs do all 3 games have combined? I don't see them doing that at all. Maybe as separate releases it could make sense, but I think a trilogy (three games in one package) is kinda off the table.
Wasn't Dark Souls 1 around 4GB? 2 less than 6GB and 3 less than 19GB? Assuming the ports are done right, it is not out of the realm of reason to believe they could be on the same cart. It would definitely be a 16GB and most likely a 32GB

Yggfk

Oct 28, 2017
Brazil
Wasn't Dark Souls 1 around 4GB? 2 less than 6GB and 3 less than 19GB? Assuming the ports are done right, it is not out of the realm of reason to believe they could be on the same cart. It would definitely be a 16GB and most likely a 32GB
Best case scenario, we are gonna see that hideous white banner on the cover.

Worst case scenario, we're gonna pay $60 each and like it.

I know I will :(

takriel

Banned
Oct 25, 2017

I only need Dark Souls 1, really. In 1080/60 docked, 720/60 undocked, and I would be really, really, really happy.

Andrew J

Oct 26, 2017
The Adirondacks
Predictions:
-Kirby Star Allies trailer and release date
-Yoshi trailer, subtitle reveal and release window
-Animal Crossing Switch reveal, Summer 2018 release window, some sort of compatibility with the mobile game
-NSMB Switch reveal, Holiday 2018 release window
-Fire Emblem Switch reveal, Holiday 2018 Japan, Q2 2019 for the West
-Metroid Prime 4 trailer as the finale, TBA 2019 release

Grandpa_Pixel

Nov 10, 2017
United Kingdom
Best case scenario, we are gonna see that hideous white banner on the cover.

Worst case scenario, we're gonna pay $60 each and like it.

I know I will :(
I guess it would all depend on how generous and wanting to please us Namco are. Though I think the likes of Skyrim, Zelda and Xenoblade are starting to shed light on big hits being able to be on the console without download-required banners. I guess Namco would decide on that.

Predictions:
-Kirby Star Allies trailer and release date
-Yoshi trailer, subtitle reveal and release window
-Animal Crossing Switch reveal, Summer 2018 release window, some sort of compatibility with the mobile game
-NSMB Switch reveal, Holiday 2018 release window
-Fire Emblem Switch reveal, Holiday 2018 Japan, Q2 2019 for the West
-Metroid Prime 4 trailer as the finale, TBA 2019 release
Can I expand on that? That list is very plausible and matches my thoughts (minus Fire Emblem western release. I think that will be 2018. Less of a January Direct prediction but more for next year (I used developer team and franchise development times to take a stab
  • Mario Party is pretty much a shoe-in as we get one every 1 or 2 years.
  • A Wario title of sorts. WarioWare is a title I believe they squeeze in. And with the Joy-Cons, I could see them finding new
  • Pikmin 4 at long last
  • Pokemon Mystery Dungeon. Spike Chunsoft are already confirmed as developers for the Switch.
  • A Donkey Kong title. I have a feeling Donkey Kong is one of those franchises they could pump out with no stress

Last edited by a moderator:

Deleted member 5764

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Guys, I just really want the BoxBoy trilogy on Switch! Really I just want small and cheap experiences like that. Snipperclips was great, and I really hope Nintendo has more stuff like that planned.

Polioliolio

Nov 6, 2017
Dark Souls collection?
It'll be the first game with a download of the second. No way they're bundling the third game at this point.

As crazy as I am for souls, I don't know if I'd even want to play the first game yet again.. And I can do without the second game entirely.

If it was Dark Souls 3 I'd buy it a again no hesitation. Dark souls 1 I've been through so many times, I'd need a remix mode to get on board I think.

WestEgg

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017

Argot

Oct 29, 2017
Guys, I just really want the BoxBoy trilogy on Switch! Really I just want small and cheap experiences like that. Snipperclips was great, and I really hope Nintendo has more stuff like that planned.

One of the biggest questions to me is whether they use the labor freed up by the 3DS decline to mostly boost the production values of their Wii U teams' titles or continue making more smaller-scale projects.

WestEgg

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Your wishes may come true.

Disney-Interview_Happy_Personality.jpg

giphy.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.