• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Cranston

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
So that's Metroid Prime footage confirmed, alongside the March release date for Retro's new open world Donkey Kong.

Almost too easy.......

Kouriozan

Oct 25, 2017
Bandai Namco should already bring some news about Tales Of and Soul Calibur VI in 2 weeks, will be a nice way to wait for January Direct.

Tregard

Oct 27, 2017
They've gotta show off their 'fully fledged' online service, I imagine this will be where.

Pokémon

Oct 27, 2017
mild_shock.gif

I mean come on, everyone knew there would be a January Direct since they have to reveal their Switch plans for 2018 as soon as possible.

Mory Dunz

Oct 25, 2017
Wow, that's all nintendo is announcing in January direct. No AAA bombs.
Dumb for letting myself get hyped.

;)

Meelow

Oct 31, 2017
This Direct will likely be a huge one, I'm thinking from now on every January will have a huge Direct announcing games for the year and teases some the year after games. Anyway for this Direct I wouldn't be surprised if...

Animal Crossing
Pikmin 4
Retro's game
Metroid Prime 4 footage
GTAV?
Next Level Switch game (if it's 2018)
And tons of more third party game announcements, maybe even a confirmation of Dragon Ball Fighter Z.

Fantastical

Oct 27, 2017
Well, that's exciting considering the amount of games we know about coming in 2018. Expecting some big 3rd party titles, hopefully out of Japan this time.

MrValtor

Oct 30, 2017
This Direct will likely be a huge one, I'm thinking from now on every January will have a huge Direct announcing games for the year and teases some the year after games. Anyway for this Direct I wouldn't be surprised if...

Animal Crossing
Pikmin 4
Retro's game
Metroid Prime 4 footage
GTAV?
And tons of more third party game announcements, maybe even a confirmation of Dragon Ball Fighter Z.

That sounds like a bit much, lower your expectations.

Raijinto

self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
I hope and fully expect the Fire Emblem game to be in it. We've had 3 released this year but even though we've heard about its existence since January it has been silent since.

I look forward to it.

MrValtor

Oct 30, 2017
TlB7Ol7.png

Can't seem to find the assets used as a background here, which would mean that the e-mail is real. Maybe someone else can find them?

Dwebble

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Not honestly used to seeing a leaked PowerPoint slide that DOESN'T come from Ubisoft at this point.

ElectricBlanketFire

What year is this?
Oct 25, 2017

Animal Crossing
Pikmin 4
Retro's game
Metroid Prime 4 footage
GTAV?

I wish my glass was this half-full.

Deleted member 31092

User requested account closure
Banned
Nov 5, 2017

That's not much. 4 first party games (6 with Yoshi and Kirby) in 1 year is pretty low for Nintendo's standard, Japanese third parties will jump in with ports and multiplats because the Switch is selling like crazy now. The only think that I doubt is GTA V, the rest is even too little.

Marmoka

Oct 27, 2017
Thanks for letting us know about this Direct EA. But something inside tells me not to buy the game just because you are the publisher until you remove those shitty microtransactions and loot boxes from your games.

Meelow

Oct 31, 2017

But is it though? the Animal Crossing Pocket Camp has just released and it's been years since New Leaf released, Pikmin 4 was confirmed back in 2015, Retro's game has been in the works for years and it's about time we see that. a new small MP4 teaser would not be that surprising, Next Level is likely making a Switch game so it making an appearance isn't that surprising as well.

GTAV is a question mark but if LA Noire sold well enough then GTAV coming to Switch isn't that shocking, January 2018 might be too early of an announcement though. As for Dragon Ball Fighter Z, Bandi did confirm if there was a enough demand and if Xenoverse 2 sold well enough on Switch then a Switch port will happen.

MrValtor

Oct 30, 2017
That's not much. 4 first party games (6 with Yoshi and Kirby) in 1 year is pretty low for Nintendo's standard, Japanese third parties will jump in with ports and multiplats because the Switch is selling like crazy now. The only think that I doubt is GTA V, the rest is even too little.

But it's a lot of games to reveal at once, the only times they've done this was when they saw that the Wii U was instantly dying and tried to save it by revealing games that were as far off as 2 years or so and the other times were before a new system launch, like the Switch event for example.
They don't need to show all their cards at once, the system is doing well as is.

Mory Dunz

Oct 25, 2017
But is it though? the Animal Crossing Pocket Camp has just released and it's been years since New Leaf released, Pikmin 4 was confirmed back in 2015, Retro's game has been in the works for years and it's about time we see that. a new small MP4 teaser would not be that surprising, Next Level is likely making a Switch game so it making an appearance isn't that surprising as well.

GTAV is a question mark but if LA Noire sold well enough then GTAV coming to Switch isn't that shocking, January 2018 might be too early of an announcement though. As for Dragon Ball Fighter Z, Bandi did confirm if there was a enough demand and if Xenoverse 2 sold well enough on Switch then a Switch port will happen.

That will be part of 2018's lineup imo, but I don't think they will all just be shown in January.

Skittzo

Oct 25, 2017
But it's a lot of games to reveal at once, the only times they've done this was when they saw that the Wii U was instantly dying and tried to save it by revealing games that were as far off as 2 years or so and the other times were before a new system launch, like the Switch event for example.
They don't need to show all their cards at once, the system is doing well as is.

They don't need to for sure, but think about the Switch event again- we knew basically nothing about their software plans for 2017, so they had to show a lot. Now, in our current situation we knew almost nothing about their software plans for 2018, so again they'll have to show a lot. We have a bit more info this time- we know of Yoshi, Kirby and Fire Emblem (just a logo) whereas for 2017 all we knew about for sure was Zelda.

But they will have a lot to announce for the year. I'm thinking they like using January Directs to outline their major releases for the year, and that will be true for both 2017 and 2018.

Phendrift

Oct 25, 2017
First the terrible Switch support, now leaking directs...

Nintendo must be really annoyed with EA right now lmao

MrValtor

Oct 30, 2017
They don't need to for sure, but think about the Switch event again- we knew basically nothing about their software plans for 2017, so they had to show a lot. Now, in our current situation we knew almost nothing about their software plans for 2018, so again they'll have to show a lot. We have a bit more info this time- we know of Yoshi, Kirby and Fire Emblem (just a logo) whereas for 2017 all we knew about for sure was Zelda.

But they will have a lot to announce for the year. I'm thinking they like using January Directs to outline their major releases for the year, and that will be true for both 2017 and 2018.

They only revealed everything at once at the Switch event, because it was before the system even launched and they had to outline what year one for the system was going to be, that's why they revealed as many games at once as they did.
They don't have to do that for next year, since Switch is selling like hotcakes anyway and it would only be stupid for them to cram everything into a single Direct when they can spread out their announcements properly next year, whithout having to worry about another Wii U situation.

Oct 27, 2017

Really? That seems relatively tame, outside of MP4 footage, which would surprise me. Hell, he didn't even mention a Smash Brothers port, which I think a lot of people are still expecting to be a thing, or Fire Emblem, which has already been announced for next year.

Skittzo

Oct 25, 2017
They only revealed everything at once at the Switch event, because it was before the system even launched and they had to outline what year one for the system was going to be, that's why they revealed as many games at once as they did.
They don't have to do that for next year, since Switch is selling like hotcakes anyway and it would only be stupid for them to cram everything into a single Direct when they can spread out their announcements properly next year, whithout having to worry about another Wii U situation.

But announcing a general outline for the entire year isn't cramming everything into a single Direct. I don't think they'll announce all of their games for 2018 just like they didn't announce all of their games for 2017 back at the conference. I just think they'll present a similar outline of the tentpole releases and release windows for those games. Which, again, is exactly what they did last year.

Status
Not open for further replies.