• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Atheerios

Oct 27, 2017
How trustworthy are these people?

I can already see everyone losing their mind for a Zelda game in 3DS in 2018 if true.

Dark Cloud

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I just watched Arlo's predictions for 2018 video. He thinks the two "big" games to be announced in next months Direct is Super Mario Maker port and Smash port for 2018 release. He thinks Fire Emblem Switch will be the big holiday title for 2018.

Retro's game and Metroid Prime 4 is coming 2019 are his predictions too.

Revolsin

Usage of alt-account.
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
How trustworthy are these people?

I can already see everyone losing their mind for a Zelda game in 3DS in 2018 if true.

I assume they mean 'handheld style' or just something generally portables would get. We already know Grezzo(the folks who made Majora's Mask 3D and OOT3D) is looking for HD experienced developers, so that actually gives credit that this rumor is about a new Switch Zelda.

Galava

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 27, 2017
Top down 2D(3D assets) Zelda with 2P-coop using JoyCons. I said it long ago, and saying it again, it makes sense.

Deleted member 2793

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Handheld Zelda is most likely a Zelda game by the handheld team, maybe top-down and not a 3DS Zelda game. Nintendo EPD isn't working on 3DS titles anymore.

HPH

Oct 25, 2017
Marcus Sellars confirming it means it's more than unlikely. Where's Soul Calibur VI Switch and Famitsu reveal of Yo Kai Watch 4 for Switch lmao.

ClickyCal'

Oct 25, 2017
I recall multiple trustworthy sources all going together in on saying pokemon stars was coming to the switch this year too. Prime 4 bamco seems like the new bandwagon rumor.

Oh yea and stealth isn't trustworthy. He lurks gamefaqs.

Edit-might have been a different stealth.

Last edited:

Thargas

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Weren't there rumors that the next mobile game after Animal Crossing was going to be Zelda?
Maybe that is what they mean with handheld.

Dark Cloud

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I assume they mean 'handheld style' or just something generally portables would get. We already know Grezzo(the folks who made Majora's Mask 3D and OOT3D) is looking for HD experienced developers, so that actually gives credit that this rumor is about a new Switch Zelda.
Probably. Must've meant a handheld Zelda type of game.

Stealth

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I am extremely trustworthy. If I say there is a Namco event on 12/15. Then there is one. I have spoken to multiple people actually going and a Namco employee who confirmed it. Sure, I love rumors, but if I say something is not a rumor and is for sure, than it is.

As for the Metroid thing. How many times did I say grain of salt? That is just what I heard, if you take that as fact, your the one who is doing yourself a disservice.

Stealth

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I recall multiple trustworthy sources all going together in on saying pokemon stars was coming to the switch this year too. Prime 4 bamco seems like the new bandwagon rumor.

I have not been active on the Gamefaq forums in close to 4 years now. Please stop spreading misinformation.

Deleted member 2791

Banned
Oct 25, 2017

Don't put in the same bag the research work of Eurogamer that led them to the (unfortunately false, as it happens sometimes) Pokémon Stars rumor and a few no-names in the industry trying to get some RTs on Twitter by spreading stuff they've seen on reddit or gamefaqs.

Cranston

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
I am extremely trustworthy. If I say there is a Namco event on 12/15. Then there is one. I have spoken to multiple people actually going and a Namco employee who confirmed it. Sure, I love rumors, but if I say something is not a rumor and is for sure, than it is.

As for the Metroid thing. How many times did I say grain of salt? That is just what I heard, if you take that as fact, your the one who is doing yourself a disservice.

I like the cut of your jib Sir!

Datajoy

use of an alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Angola / Zaire border region.
I'm pretty sure the genesis every single Bamco Metroid rumor can be traced back to this very forum, when Zhuge said he was "looking 4ward" to reactions when it is revealed which Nintendo game Banco is currently working on. This could mean anything lol, but now the rumor is spreading around like wildfire.

Stealth

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I will say it one last time and hopefully this will be put to bed, if I say something is a rumor, take it just as that. If I say something is happening, you can be sure did my research. With the Namco event, I know people going, I spoke with Namco employees about it, that is a done deal.

The Metroid thing as I tweeted was a rumor, do you think I asked Marcus to say "Yeah, its true"? No. For me, that is still a rumor.

ZhugeEX

Senior Analyst at Niko Partners
Verified
Oct 24, 2017
I'm pretty sure the genesis every single Bamco Metroid rumor can be traced back to this very forum, when Zhuge said he was "looking 4ward" to reactions when it is revealed which Nintendo game Banco is currently working on. This could mean anything lol, but now the rumor is spreading around like wildfire.

People take stuff I post, extrapolate from it, then pass it off as their own rumor all the time lol.

I will say it one last time and hopefully this will be put to bed, if I say something is a rumor, take it just as that. If I say something is happening, you can be sure did my research. With the Namco event, I know people going, I spoke with Namco employees about it, that is a done deal.

The Metroid thing as I tweeted was a rumor, do you think I asked Marcus to say "Yeah, its true"? No. For me, that is still a rumor.

Given you're now posting rumors and leaks on this forum, I've sent you a PM to verify a few things.

You are indeed correct about the Bandai Namco event that press are attending in Paris on December 15th. That is something press have talked about publicly I believe.

Last edited:

Zippo

Banned
Dec 8, 2017
People take stuff I post, extrapolate from it, then pass it off as their own rumor all the time lol.

Given you're now posting rumors and leaks on this forum, I've sent you a PM to verify a few things.

You are indeed correct about the Bandai Namco event that press are attending in Paris on December 15th. That is something press is attending.

And there we have it.

Marcus is at least partially legit, seems like.

Dascu

Oct 28, 2017
I think it's important to remember that sometimes people get correct information (from either their own established sources, or because they got a random message on Twitter, or just by educated guesswork and lucking into things). But that doesn't mean that everything else they say is necessarily correct as well. The question is always: what is their means of getting information (own sources or pinching things off Reddit?) and how thorough are they in verifying that (some repeat whatever nonsense they hear or read online)?

I think in the case of Marcus Sellars in particular, this is a guy who lucked into getting some info about the date of Namco press event and started conflating that with a whole bunch of hearsay and speculation from other sources or websites.

Rainrir

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I guess. But you really shouldn't expect 5 big Nintendo games to be announced then or whatever nonsense he added in his tweets.

To be fair, his original tweet is...

....that there is a Bamco event, there is 5 games, and Nintendo has a big presence.

I don't think he claims 5 games for Nintendo.

Dark Cloud

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
To be clear I wasn't question Stealth. I'm questioning the other guy and the Marcus guy with the 5 games being announced at the Namco event.

I believe Bandai is working on Metroid Prime 4 because of what Zhuge said a few weeks ago and I believe the event because of Stealth (and now Zhuge said it too).

Nobody seems to know what Bandai is showing to the media?

kc44135

Oct 25, 2017
Ohio
ZhugeEX The Namco event on Friday is press only, but any announcements there (like a Dark Souls remaster) would still be made public on that day, right?

Stealth

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The truth is not a damned soul knows what will happen at the Paris Event. There are plenty of other game announcements and leaks that I keep to myself, because quite frankly, just talking about this Namco Event has caused me nothing but aggravation.

If you asked me, if this was a Japanese event, I would be much more inclined to think this was for new games. Since it is in Paris, I am honestly not expecting much.

Deleted member 2791

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I mean Bandai Namco just announced a bunch of games very recently and it also has an upcoming livestream for Tales. Shouldn't be too hard to work out what type of games will be there.

Tales*, Trails is another IP.
And yeah, it will probably just have the recently announced Bamco games (One Piece World Seeker, Black Cover etc.), a bunch of localizations and possibly the new Tales even though the stream doesn't happen until the 22nd.

Kane

Oct 28, 2017
I just watched Arlo's predictions for 2018 video. He thinks the two "big" games to be announced in next months Direct is Super Mario Maker port and Smash port for 2018 release. He thinks Fire Emblem Switch will be the big holiday title for 2018.

I thought that his predictions were very pessimistic.
I think there is no way that a new AC game isn't coming next year, and with consolidated teams, there has to be more 1st party games.

Dark Cloud

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Pokémon X/Y- January 8, 2013
Wii U Direct- January 23, 2013
Nintendo Direct- January 14, 2015
Switch presentation- January 12, 2017

Looking back at their previous worldwide Directs it looks like this Direct will probably be January 17 or 18. I'm really hoping Nintendo doesn't follow this trend and it's the 3rd or 4th...

Deleted member 26535

Banned
Oct 30, 2017

Fire Emblem will never be a "holiday type" game. Weak rumors.

Mpl90

Oct 25, 2017
Tales*, Trails is another IP.
And yeah, it will probably just have the recently announced Bamco games (One Piece World Seeker, Black Cover etc.), a bunch of localizations and possibly the new Tales even though the stream doesn't happen until the 22nd.

IIRC the Tales of livestream is on December 16th, right the day after the BN event.

Status
Not open for further replies.