RUMOR: Nintendo Direct January 2018 (Thanks EA)

Discussion in 'Video Games' started by AAMARMO, Nov 30, 2017.

1. guek

guek Member

Who the fuck are yo- oh shit, it's Vern

2. [​IMG]

3. RROCKMAN

RROCKMAN Member

[​IMG]

4. Phendrift

Phendrift Member

Forgot metroid Prime 4: the baby’s bottle. Fake

5. Jahranimo

Jahranimo Community Resettler Member

Awwwwwwwww shit!

*Ahem* I mean, "Hmm, sounds intriguing. I guess I'll keep a respectable expectation for it."

6. "Shake to doubt faster" omg, I'm fucking dead.

7. amazing

8. Nintex

Nintex Member

Nintendo wants to keep the Switch train rolling. They're pulling out all the stops. I expect the January event will be much like the original unveiling. The announcement of their entire strategy for the year, including a teaser/trailer of Metroid Prime 4 (which could also debut at the TGA's), updates on games already known such as Yoshi and Kirby, new third party announcements and new projects waiting in the wings next year. The big question is if they manage to squeeze in a release for January/February or start to load their guns in March again like this year.

9. Phendrift

Phendrift Member

I definitely think it’s possible.

I think Nintendo just wanted to confirm it’s being worked on so Switch owners wouldn’t have backlash against Samus Returns when it was revealed. And they didn’t want to completely show it off in order to keep the focus on Odyssey and other 2017 games.

I’m definitely thinking they will have something to show of the game.

10. karmitt

karmitt Member

Who is this Vern character?

Also, hype...I think?

11. TimeFire

TimeFire Member

TvC HD would actually be hype.

12. Pandy

Pandy Member

Mario is a little off in this, but Cappy is amazing.

13. He's the guy who leaked L.A. Noire for Switch and the recent September Direct IIRC.

14. FromAshesRise

FromAshesRise Member

If you honestly think that EA would randomly speculate when Nintendo will have a direct in what looks like official PR collateral that probably gets circulated to management, then you’re out of your mind dude.

15. HNNNNG

Now i need to change pants

------------------------

My dream game is a Zelda made by Ninty-Monolith-Platinum.

Zelda aesthetic and puzzles
    monolith exploration, world, secrets, towns
    Platinum combat depth and fun

make it happen nintendo

16. Wamb0wneD

Wamb0wneD Member

They were pretty much finsihed with SMO even when it got announced first, so nah, that's not the smell of rushed and cut content, just the one of wishful thinking ;P.

17. MetalLord

MetalLord Member

Do you live in canada ?

18. byDoS

byDoS Member

Y U DU DIS TO ME

19. Wamb0wneD

Wamb0wneD Member

Stahp.

20. byDoS

byDoS Member

Vern are we gonna freak out over the "new team" responsible for Prime 4? Or should we be worried?

21. Vern

Vern Member

No. Why?

22. MetalLord

MetalLord Member

Oh dont mind, just a federation force joke

23. MP4 being in a state to show would be a pleasant surprise.

I figured it was a SMT x FE style announcement of “here’s what we’re gonna start soon, please be excited.”

24. I thought you were insinuating that Eidos Montreal was making MP4.

25. Xiao Hu

Xiao Hu Member

Woop, woop, it's Vern. 好久不见, buddy!

26. TheDinoman

TheDinoman Member

I'd be kinda surprised if Odyssey got DLC. I just don't think the 3D Mario team feels really strongly about that practice. 3D Land and 3D World didn't receive anything, and this was the same era where the 2D Mario games (NSMB2 and NSMBU) both got proper DLC support and expansion packs.

I'd imagine they'll probably just jump to the next 3D Mario (Hopefully Odyssey 2), or some smaller project in between like Captain Toad.

27. skittzo0413

skittzo0413 Member

Oh damn a Vern sighting! Thanks for the info!

He's basically batting 1.000 on a whole host of Switch related leaks, everything he's said so far has been accurate except possibly Steep for Switch being cancelled.

So yeah, get hype, but he said he has no idea if they will show it, just that it's in a state to be shown. That suggests a 2018 release is back on the table but I'm still a bit doubtful.

28. Vern

Vern Member

哈哈哈对的。你离开我们的微信群。怎么办啊?

29. I’m 100% with you on this.

30. Dekuman

Dekuman Member

Guys keep expectations in check. Realistically. 1st half 2018 releases plus a few longer term teases is all I expect. Gotta leave room for E3 and other directs

31. Wamb0wneD

Wamb0wneD Member

Dude... don't do this to me. Oh my fucking god.

I mean one doesn't exclude the other.
    Vern please...

32. byDoS

byDoS Member

My God, I'm FUCKING EXCITED with Vern's post.
    The mere possibility of a Prime game for next year got me hype af

33. Vern

Vern Member

A few things haven’t panned out. But like I always said, things can change... I’d say I’m batting .980 or so.

34. Mariolee

Mariolee Member

Did not expect an MP4 tease in this thread. What am I supposed to do with my life now until it's revealed?

35. FZZ

FZZ Member

We finally about to get that Migos x Switch collab we've all been waiting for

Culture 2 otw

36. skittzo0413

skittzo0413 Member

That's still a hall of fame average :)

37. brainchild

brainchild Member

Oh my God my expectations are going to be so unreasonable come January. Did your mate comment on the state of the visuals in any technical sense (does it have graphics up to standard)?

38. byDoS

byDoS Member

J FUCKING MON, my dude

39. Skies

Skies Member

Vern's mate seeing MP4 makes me think it is being developed by an external team that is NOT in Japan. I wouldn't think MP4 would be far enough along for Nintendo's localization branches to have their hands on it, and most of Vern's previous leaks seem to be related to western titles.

Feel free to correct me if I'm wrong.

40. Wally_Wall

Wally_Wall Member

What the hell is up with Pikmin 4? My son is gonna lose it when it's announced. He has been waiting so long.

41. Wamb0wneD

Wamb0wneD Member

Lmao.

If there's one game that should have them it's that game. They should aim for the same timeless artstyle Retro has gone with the first time. If they go with the same structure of rooms loading between doors (Which they need for item progression/gating anyway) I can see it looking spectacular.

42. byDoS

byDoS Member

And his friend usually leak Take Two stuff....

43. Hermii

Hermii Member

There’s always a January direct.

Also they’re never announced more than a few days in advance.

44. skittzo0413

skittzo0413 Member

Way before it was announced I said it would be cool if id was developing it, since DOOM gave me great MP vibes. I can't think of a better Western non-Retro developer for the series to be honest.

Maybe Arkane?

Could he perhaps have multiple friends?

45. Vern

Vern Member

Just don’t cut off my head and freeze me like Ted Williams.

46. Arkane and id were bounced around after Bethesda’s Switch games got revealed.

47. Wamb0wneD

Wamb0wneD Member

I fear that's unavoidable if you're wrong. Let's make this an ERA tradition.

It's just... I like the leveldesign of Doom, but all the jazz that's in Prime like morphball/spiderball puzzles and general item progression is just not there. Also I liked Prime's bossfights way more. Not sure if they can pull it off but I'd be pleasently surprised ofc.

48. skittzo0413

skittzo0413 Member

No promises but I'll do my best.

Although I'd think if someone were to cut off your head you'd probably prefer it to be frozen, no?

Yeah I think then being on board with Skyrim got me thinking about that.

49. byDoS

byDoS Member

Remember Pete Hines:

50. [​IMG]