• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oct 25, 2017
My mate has seen MP4 and says it is definitely in a state that is ready to be seen, so I'd predict that it'll be there, but I have no inside source on if it will be for sure.
rusrs1.gif

Jahranimo

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
My mate has seen MP4 and says it is definitely in a state that is ready to be seen, so I'd predict that it'll be there, but I have no inside source on if it will be for sure.

Awwwwwwwww shit!

*Ahem* I mean, "Hmm, sounds intriguing. I guess I'll keep a respectable expectation for it."

Nintex

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Nintendo wants to keep the Switch train rolling. They're pulling out all the stops. I expect the January event will be much like the original unveiling. The announcement of their entire strategy for the year, including a teaser/trailer of Metroid Prime 4 (which could also debut at the TGA's), updates on games already known such as Yoshi and Kirby, new third party announcements and new projects waiting in the wings next year. The big question is if they manage to squeeze in a release for January/February or start to load their guns in March again like this year.

Phendrift

Oct 25, 2017
I'm still going with Metroid Prime for releasing in 2018.
I definitely think it's possible.

I think Nintendo just wanted to confirm it's being worked on so Switch owners wouldn't have backlash against Samus Returns when it was revealed. And they didn't want to completely show it off in order to keep the focus on Odyssey and other 2017 games.

I'm definitely thinking they will have something to show of the game.

Oct 25, 2017
canada

HNNNNG

Bayonetta 1 & 2 are nailed on.

Now i need to change pants

------------------------

My dream game is a Zelda made by Ninty-Monolith-Platinum.

Zelda aesthetic and puzzles
monolith exploration, world, secrets, towns
Platinum combat depth and fun

make it happen nintendo

OnanieBomb

Oct 25, 2017
MP4 being in a state to show would be a pleasant surprise.

I figured it was a SMT x FE style announcement of "here's what we're gonna start soon, please be excited."

TheDinoman

Oct 25, 2017
I'd be kinda surprised if Odyssey got DLC. I just don't think the 3D Mario team feels really strongly about that practice. 3D Land and 3D World didn't receive anything, and this was the same era where the 2D Mario games (NSMB2 and NSMBU) both got proper DLC support and expansion packs.

I'd imagine they'll probably just jump to the next 3D Mario (Hopefully Odyssey 2), or some smaller project in between like Captain Toad.

Skittzo

Oct 25, 2017

Oh damn a Vern sighting! Thanks for the info!

Who is this Vern character?

Also, hype...I think?

He's basically batting 1.000 on a whole host of Switch related leaks, everything he's said so far has been accurate except possibly Steep for Switch being cancelled.

So yeah, get hype, but he said he has no idea if they will show it, just that it's in a state to be shown. That suggests a 2018 release is back on the table but I'm still a bit doubtful.

OnanieBomb

Oct 25, 2017
I'd be kinda surprised if Odyssey got DLC. I just don't think the 3D Mario team feels really strongly about that practice. 3D Land and 3D World didn't receive anything, and this was the same era where the 2D Mario games (NSMB2 and NSMBU) both got proper DLC support and expansion packs.

I'd imagine they'll probably just jump to the next 3D Mario (Hopefully Odyssey 2), or some smaller project in between like Captain Toad.

I'm 100% with you on this.

Dekuman

Oct 27, 2017
Guys keep expectations in check. Realistically. 1st half 2018 releases plus a few longer term teases is all I expect. Gotta leave room for E3 and other directs

Wamb0wneD

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Dude... don't do this to me. Oh my fucking god.

Vern are we gonna freak out over the "new team" responsible for Prime 4? Or should we be worried?
I mean one doesn't exclude the other.
Vern please...

byDoS

Oct 25, 2017
My God, I'm FUCKING EXCITED with Vern's post.
The mere possibility of a Prime game for next year got me hype af

Vern

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Oh damn a Vern sighting! Thanks for the info!

He's basically batting 1.000 on a whole host of Switch related leaks, everything he's said so far has been accurate except possibly Steep for Switch being cancelled.

So yeah, get hype, but he said he has no idea if they will show it, just that it's in a state to be shown. That suggests a 2018 release is back on the table but I'm still a bit doubtful.

A few things haven't panned out. But like I always said, things can change... I'd say I'm batting .980 or so.

Mariolee

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Did not expect an MP4 tease in this thread. What am I supposed to do with my life now until it's revealed?

brainchild

Independent Developer
Verified
Nov 25, 2017

Oh my God my expectations are going to be so unreasonable come January. Did your mate comment on the state of the visuals in any technical sense (does it have graphics up to standard)?

Skies

Oct 25, 2017
Vern's mate seeing MP4 makes me think it is being developed by an external team that is NOT in Japan. I wouldn't think MP4 would be far enough along for Nintendo's localization branches to have their hands on it, and most of Vern's previous leaks seem to be related to western titles.

Feel free to correct me if I'm wrong.

Wamb0wneD

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
We finally about to get that Migos x Switch collab we've all been waiting for

Culture 2 otw

Lmao.

Oh my God my expectations are going to be so unreasonable come January. Did your mate comment on the state of the visuals in any technical sense (does it have graphics up to standard)?
If there's one game that should have them it's that game. They should aim for the same timeless artstyle Retro has gone with the first time. If they go with the same structure of rooms loading between doors (Which they need for item progression/gating anyway) I can see it looking spectacular.

byDoS

Oct 25, 2017
Vern's mate seeing MP4 makes me think it is being developed by an external team that is NOT in Japan. I wouldn't think MP4 would be far enough along for Nintendo's localization branches to have their hands on it, and most of Vern's previous leaks seem to be related to western titles.

And his friend usually leak Take Two stuff....

Skittzo

Oct 25, 2017

Way before it was announced I said it would be cool if id was developing it, since DOOM gave me great MP vibes. I can't think of a better Western non-Retro developer for the series to be honest.

Maybe Arkane?

And his friend usually leak Take Two stuff....

Could he perhaps have multiple friends?

Wamb0wneD

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Just don't cut off my head and freeze me like Ted Williams.
I fear that's unavoidable if you're wrong. Let's make this an ERA tradition.

Way before it was announced I said it would be cool if id was developing it, since DOOM gave me great MP vibes. I can't think of a better Western non-Retro developer for the series to be honest.

Maybe Arkane?

It's just... I like the leveldesign of Doom, but all the jazz that's in Prime like morphball/spiderball puzzles and general item progression is just not there. Also I liked Prime's bossfights way more. Not sure if they can pull it off but I'd be pleasently surprised ofc.

Skittzo

Oct 25, 2017

byDoS

Oct 25, 2017

Maybe Arkane?

Remember Pete Hines:

We've been in constant conversation with [Nintendo], and not just about the two games we have now, but about our whole approach to the platform going forward – what we can do, best practices, what things are a good fit, what they're excited about in what we're doing. We're obviously excited about these two games, but it's not as if we're going to just do these two games and that's it. We want this to be the start of a relationship that we build with Nintendo and Nintendo fans.

Status
Not open for further replies.