• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

MamaSpaghetti

Banned
Mar 17, 2022
Posted on reddit: https://www.reddit.com/r/GamingLeak...tendo_direct_drops_next_wednesday_via_switch/
Hello!
I received an email from a developer recently (I'm a content creator) asking me if I was interested in a code for a game that launches next week on Switch, which I personally wasn't but the game will be exciting for some action fans.
Usually, when this happens, the publisher will ask for me to sign an NDA before sharing any info at all, including even what the game is. Oddly enough, they did not do that this time or ask me not to share this information at all so it's all fair game. That said, out of respect for their surprise, I will not say what game or developer it is.
With that out of the way, the game is scheduled to drop on Switch next Wednesday with the embargo for coverage also being on Wednesday, June 15. It is going to be one of the shadow drops during the Nintendo Direct. Since the embargo is set for, specifically, 9 am PT, I presume that the Nintendo Direct will happen at 9 am PT on Wednesday, June 15.
As a side note, this lines up with what some other developers (that I did sign NDAs for) sent to me.
Hyped to watch with you guys next week!
Edit:
Eh, screw it, I'm bored tonight so here's an edited screenshot. Sorry, only the mods will know what game it is. :P

Also, I tagged this as a rumor originally since I cannot confirm this for you guys but it is all but confirmed for me due to some other stuff I signed NDAs for that line up too well with it. If it helps any, as I mentioned in a comment below, this Switch console exclusive was originally announced in a Direct and I expect it to be shadow dropped in one as well.
Finally, I'm surprised no one has wondered why I think the Direct is Wednesday but not Thursday? Well, that's because of some other info I didn't share that hint at it plus the fact that I believe (but don't know since I didn't get a code) that they set the gameplay/video embargo for Thursday morning since the game will likely come out at different times throughout Wednesday, probably especially for Steam players.

zmI8Lw3.jpeg

Which it turns out was a terrible cover, as people found by boosting the contrast you could read that it was about Neon White:

by5sbE5.png

Fendoreo1

Jan 1, 2019
The PR email was verified by the mods of r/gamingleaksandrumors, and the guy who posted it said he has corroborating proof, but he's under NDA for everything except neon white lmao. I think its pretty much a lock for the 15th

jwk94

Oct 25, 2017
How in the world does boosting the contrast let you see behind the black bar?

OP
OP
MamaSpaghetti

MamaSpaghetti

Banned
Mar 17, 2022
The PR email was verified by the mods of r/gamingleaksandrumors, and the guy who posted it said he has corroborating proof, but he's under NDA for everything except neon white lmao. I think its pretty much a lock for the 15th
Yep, seems like it !

If you open up the full image you can tell he didn't just black it out, but instead used photoshop to brush over it which is not pure black but instead works on a gradient to emulate brush strokes.

Oct 25, 2017
United Kingdom
Bit of a leap on their part to suggest this means a Direct *will* occur, but I admit a game shadow dropping / being handled in this way certainly does raise a few eyebrows...

The Last One

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Nice. Can't wait for the Tree House with Pokemon gameplay.

Fat4all

Woke up, got a money tag, swears a lot
Oct 25, 2017
here
i found out the hard way that if you dont use proper photoshop clipping and just use a "pc pen" or apple pen sharpie, you can usually still see whats behind a markout if you mess with the levels

jwk94

Oct 25, 2017
Yep, seems like it !

If you open up the full image you can tell he didn't just black it out, but instead used photoshop to brush over it which is not pure black but instead works on a gradient to emulate brush strokes.
That's so weird. I didn't know that. Photoshop should probably fix that.

OP
OP
MamaSpaghetti

MamaSpaghetti

Banned
Mar 17, 2022
Bit of a leap on their part to suggest this means a Direct *will* occur, but I admit a game shadow dropping / being handled in this way certainly does raise a few eyebrows...
It's switch and PC exclusive, not really sure where else that would be shown and stealth dropped.

Nah it's a feature, guy shouldn't use a photoshop paint brush but instead a block (or just use MS Paint).

Murlin

Feb 12, 2019
reminder folks, the marker tool on your phone does NOT fully cover up whatever you marker over. What you need to use is the rectangle-drawing tool with the color filled in.

MondoMega

One Winged Slayer
Jan 10, 2018
They added that a few more games were lining up around the same time, but they wouldn't share any of those as they were actually under NDA.

Fat4all

Woke up, got a money tag, swears a lot
Oct 25, 2017
here
brush settings are for art usually so they have specific levels of opacity/layers built in

in photoshop if you fully clip or replace an image, it will delete the previous data in a spot

Neverx

Prophet of Truth - One Winged Slayer
Sep 17, 2020
Florida
Kinda crazy if true, never seen a direct leak like this. Not surprised it's next week tho, wonder if they'll announce it tomorrow since it'll be a week away.

Serene

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
the bigger news is Neon White releasing next week

hell yeah

NeonBorealis

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Jan 10, 2018
Seems as legit of an indicator as we can get right now.

Now we just need for Nintendo to announce it.

@dedmunk

Banned
Oct 11, 2018
Oh man these kinds of leaks are terrible, won't somebody please think of the poor companies and their marketing plans?

shancake

Managing Editor ‑ Press Start
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
"leaked via email sent without NDA" is the funniest thing I've ever seen in my life when the embargo (which normally can't be spoken about unless explicitly stated) is right there in the email.

jwk94

Oct 25, 2017
Nah it's a feature, guy shouldn't use a photoshop paint brush but instead a block (or just use MS Paint

I can see behind the original if I just look at the screen from the side lmao. it's crazy.

brush settings are for art usually so they have specific levels of opacity/layers built in

in photoshop if you fully clip or replace an image, it will delete the previous data in a spot
So if you're using photoshop, what's the proper way to redact info?

PLASTICA-MAN

Oct 26, 2017
And they will still not announce the next console. Dunno why they are so against it.

Last edited:

Consequence

Oct 27, 2017
Why did he even leave the top part in the screenshot lmao it could have been completely cropped out.

swimming

Oct 27, 2017
new 3D mario PLEASE

windwaker twilight almost guaranteed a lock too just wonder how they price/bundle

Nolbertos

Dec 9, 2017
Well, we all knew a Direct was gonna shadowdrop in June sometime. I'm hyped and hope to see what else Nintendo has planned.

BaconHat

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Well, someone at that company is now probably in deep shit.
Shame its next week through, ill be without internet that entire week, wont be able to see it live.

OP
OP
MamaSpaghetti

MamaSpaghetti

Banned
Mar 17, 2022
So if you're using photoshop, what's the proper way to redact info?
If using the brush make sure the "HARDNESS" is set to 100%.

kmElL3m.png
di9Mg9Y.png

Difference here:

Notice the one on the right at 0% HARDNESS introduces all those grays? He had some other stuff going on but that is the big reason, anything not under the direct black is going to be visible via the means above.

But yeah like someone above said just fill in a square or whatever shape with the fill tool. The issue was the gradient he had

Merc_

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 28, 2017
Well, at least now people will chill about Nintendo not doing a Direct (I don't understand how anyone could have thought they weren't).

Oct 25, 2017
I mean...... Embargo is kinda NDA.......

Anyway, the Neon White has been teasing news for sometime soon, makes sense. It's already up for pre-order on PC.

Wonder if it's a Nintnedo Indie World instead of Direct...