• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

What will it be?

• Scalebound

Votes: 1,384 44.0%
  • Mega Man Legends 3

Votes: 733 23.3%
  • Timesplitters 4

Votes: 253 8.1%
  • Eternal Darkness 2

Votes: 476 15.1%
  • Silent Hills

Votes: 296 9.4%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

iswasdoes

Nov 13, 2017
Londinium
Searched and did not see a thread

http://www.nintendolife.com/news/2019/02/rumour_nintendo_has_plans_to_revive_a_dead_and_buried_game

Last week, Game Informer's Senior Editor Imran Khan participated in the Kinda Funny Games show and ended up making reference to a "dead and buried" title Nintendo supposedly has intentions of reviving, even though it was "officially" canned.

This is what he had to say, as transcribed by Nintendo Everything:

"There's a game that's thought to be dead that Nintendo's reviving, and it's not one that people would expect. It was very much a title that was dead and buried - very officially cancelled."

What could it be? I'm hoping for the canned Eternal Darkness sequel though I think that's legally impossible...

UPDATE: Some new information pertaining to this rumour:

-It's not a Nintendo developed game.
-It was a game that was publicly announced and then cancelled

UPDATE 2: New sources claim that it is indeed Scalebound

https://www.nintendo-insider.com/report-scalebound-resurrected-as-a-nintendo-switch-exclusive/

Last edited:

Mekanos

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 17, 2018
It's time for Donkey Kong Racing after 20 years.

donkracing1.900x.jpg

--R

Being sued right now, please help me find a lawyer
Oct 25, 2017
Starcraft: Ghost.

Deleted member 8593

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Just gonna quote myself from the other thread...

Based on what Imran has said I can see why people are compelled to throw out crazy predictions and I am also tempted to think it's something that falls outside of Nintendo's area of expertise. Shooters in particular are something I've repeatedly said they're lacking in and there isn't a shortage of cancelled ones. However, knowing Nintendo and how reluctant they are towards certain industry trends, I doubt that this is going to be some kind of AAA game.

I think it's more likely that it's an interesting project that can be finished in a reasonable timeframe and people with ties to Nintendo wanted to go back to but couldn't for whatever reason. Considering those circumstances and barring further evidence I still believe the most likely game to be revived is Sakaguchi's Cry On that was meant to come out for the 360. There are multiple reasons for why I believe it's this game in particular:

Back in 2005, he said that the game's development could be finished in 1.5-2 years. This obviously didn't pan out because of financial difficulties but wouldn't be an issue under Nintendo. To add to that, Nintendo seems to have a good relationship to the companies involved. Cavia and AQ Interactive are now merged into Marvelous and Nintendo has already worked on two projects with Mistwalker, namely Archaic Sealed Heat and The Last Story. Last year Sakaguchi also teased that he's working on something new and I know that his wording implies something completely new but I wouldn't necessarily rule out him going back to Cry On. The final reason is that if you read the game's description in the first article I linked to, it sound like something very unique that could be potentially tweaked to include a 2-player co-op mode on Switch.

All this said, I am totally ready to be completely wrong. In the meantime I will rewatch the trailer the Gooch leaked in 2014:

Sir Hound

Oct 28, 2017
I would put hard money on Donkey Kong Racing or Metroid Dread. Anything else is too niche imo

Jun 14, 2018
Nintendo work very closely with Platinum Games (Star Fox Zero, MadWorld, Wonderful 101, Bayonetta, Astral Chain, etc.), so I wonder if they're perhaps making not-Scalebound, similar to how Dark Souls is not Demon's Souls when it comes to From Software/Bandai Namco/Sony.

Gezech

Oct 28, 2017
Oh man, if it's really Mega Man Legends 3, I'd lose my shit. And there's a precedent of Nintendo picking up dead third party franchises with Bayonetta.

FiXalaS

Oct 27, 2017
Kuwait.
I'm astonished as to how this is getting so much traction, almost every site has reported it for the past 2 days.

I dunno. I'm not trusting this one

Status
Not open for further replies.