• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

What will it be?

• Scalebound

Votes: 1,384 44.0%
  • Mega Man Legends 3

Votes: 733 23.3%
  • Timesplitters 4

Votes: 253 8.1%
  • Eternal Darkness 2

Votes: 476 15.1%
  • Silent Hills

Votes: 296 9.4%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ethifury

Dec 4, 2017
I'm..... not saying it's astral chain

My bad. I was just putting it out there

I'll add to this that "Scalebound is coming to Switch" was absolutely a rumor floating around last summer.

Hmm....

So what Alanah stated was true about hearing that last year. 🤔

The guy literally said that he wouldn't write on it until he had more sources.

Doesn't mean that rules out Scalebound. Jason AND Alanah both heard about the rumor of Scalebound coming to Switch last year

Abriael

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Milano - Italy
Nah, with Kinda Funny there's more reachability with gamers, especially on ERA. And don't start doubting Imran's credibility like others stated. This thread was created solely based off his source. Regardless of the "Scalebound is a Switch exclusive" rumor discussion that's going on.

If you don't mind (or better, regardless of whether you mind it or not), I'll doubt whatever I feel like doubting.

Even when you have an internal source, it happens very often that you're offered a very partial view on the facts, often vague, and things get even more muddled if the source is second-hand, which is unknown.

Emperor_El

Oct 29, 2017
Figured Scalebound had turned into Astral Chain since the combat looks like what SilentRob & other members of the press described about the press only showing from a couple years ago.

Okabe

Is Sometimes A Good Bean
Aug 24, 2018
I personally doubt it's Scalebound.

This is the greatest thing I've ever seen.

NXzTanY.gif

Sadist

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Holland
I'll add to this that "Scalebound is coming to Switch" was absolutely a rumor floating around last summer.
Bizarre. So it's not out the question then. Mmm. Could have been wishful thinking too right?

On the other hand, we had another tweet telling us that Scalebound would still release. I mean, hearing a similar rumour last year.

Sky Walker

Oct 25, 2017
This Nintendo Insider site doesn't seem to understand the difference between IP ownership and trademark registration:

Anyway, didn't Platinum literally just announce an action game with co-op multiplayer as a Switch exclusive? I guess it's possible that Nintendo is also paying for Scalebound, but why would they bother? My guess -- and please be clear that this is a guess; I am not confirming or denying anything -- is that Platinum re-used a lot of Scalebound's design and tech for Astral Chain, and people are just getting their wires crossed.

It does make a lot of sense, and if you think about it: Kamyia isn't the Supervisor of this project for no specific reason lol.

jschreier

Press Sneak Fuck
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
It would be so weird if it is true. Why would Nintendo want 2 exclusive games from the same developer that (at least from videos) seems to play very alike?
Right, see my previous post. I heard the rumor last year and assumed after seeing Astral Chain in the Direct that it had turned into that.

Oct 26, 2017
Doesn't mean that rules out Scalebound. Jason AND Alanah both heard about the rumor of Scalebound coming to Switch last year

I'm not saying it rules it out, I'm just saying that people should be cautious about the sourcing before writing Scalebound Switch as a de facto thing that will definitively happen. Point being, even Imran wasn't 100% confident enough to write on it unless he knew he had more sources backing him up.

Also, just because that was also a rumour last year, doesn't mean anything really. How many times did we hear Final Fantasy VII remake rumours (ranging from "it's happening" to "well it'll only happen if Square Enix went broke") during the PS3 era before they finally announced something in 2015?

karmitt

Oct 27, 2017
No way its scalebound since the switch probably wouldn't be able to run it without downgrading stuff. Its gotta be something else.

"No way DQXI is coming to Switch. Switch probably wouldn't be able to run it without downgrading stuff, Square Enix must be making something else."

Just saying - I don't get this logic. If there's already been tons of design work done on it, nothing says they can't "downgrade" the game and still release a very good product, all at a much lower cost than had they started on something from scratch.

Abriael

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Milano - Italy
What does this even mean? If we're not still talking about Imran's rumor, then what are we talking about?

It means that this thread is now about Imran's rumor and someone else's "article" based on "sources" that don't seem all that solid to me. It's my impression that they're simply piggybacking on Imran's rumor with additional speculation for clicks. But now that it has been added to the OP, the thread is about both.

Qwark

Oct 27, 2017
I'm not saying it rules it out, I'm just saying that people should be cautious about the sourcing before writing Scalebound Switch as a de facto thing that will definitively happen. Point being, even Imran wasn't 100% confident enough to write on it unless he knew he had more sources backing him up.

Also, just because that was also a rumour last year, doesn't mean anything really. How many times did we hear Final Fantasy VII remake rumours (ranging from "it's happening" to "well it'll only happen if Square Enix went broke") during the PS3 era before they finally announced something in 2015?
That should be pretty obvious with a rumor though. I don't see many people in here like "Omg, Scalebound confirmed". At least not seriously, anyway.

Akiller

Oct 25, 2017
I'm sorry but Scalebound makes 0 sense for me. Like Kamiya and Ms legit said "fuck off" to each other and you expect him to come back and try to make a deal happen between Nintendo and Ms.

I mean just ask Nintendo to fund a game based on the same concept. Way less work and I'm sure it would end up better.

Oct 26, 2017
Bizarre. So it's not out the question then. Mmm. Could have been wishful thinking too right?

On the other hand, we had another tweet telling us that Scalebound would still release. I mean, hearing a similar rumour last year.

Yeah. The rumor said how the game was back on the Xbox site or something and that it was gonna come out after all. Something along those lines I believe.

If it's truly Switch exclusive now I really wonder about the details.

MegaMix

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Nintendo really hit it out of the park with Platinum Games. They are essentially a second party developer outside throwing a bone to their competitors every few years.

Deleted member 176

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
money? MS doesn't need the pittance that the scalebound IP would be worth
goodwill? goodwill from who? nintendo fans while fucking over their own fans by cancelling a game they were looking forward to only for it to show up later as an exclusive for another system?
MS has no reason to sell the IP to nintendo, and if somehow PG got it back and it resurfaced as a switch exclusive that would be a major PR fuckup for microsoft. they won't be pleased.
Goodwill for allowing a game that they originally promised to get made, even if they aren't personally profiting from them. Everyone would be happy except Xbox-only games who love Japanese games, who don't exist.

MaitreWakou

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
May 15, 2018
Toulouse, France
It means that this thread is now about Imran's rumor and someone else's "article" based on "sources" that don't seem all that solid to me. It's my impression that they're simply piggybacking on Imran's rumor for clicks. But now that it has been added to the OP, the thread is about both.
Now that Jason Schreier posted here, we actually know that it's indeed true that some people actually heard about Scalebound on Switch. Could be fake, but at least we know it's not really piggybacking since Jason confirmed there was indeed those rumors.

Ethifury

Dec 4, 2017
If you don't mind (or better, regardless of whether you mind it or not), I'll doubt whatever I feel like doubting.

Even when you have an internal source, it happens very often that you're offered a very partial view on the facts, often vague, and things get even more muddled if the source is second-hand, which is unknown.

I don't care about you doubting the rumor. All I'm saying is don't doubt Imran. But he hasn't said anything, so I'm about as doubtful on this rumor as you are.

True, but now we have potentially 3 people who heard about this rumor (Alanah Peace, Imran and Jason), so something is up with this rumor.

Either Astral Chain is the new Scalebound OR it's still being discussed/developed by Microsoft/Nintendo/Platinum Games. Nobody knows yet

Oct 26, 2017
I'm sorry but Scalebound makes 0 sense for me. Like Kamiya and Ms legit said "fuck off" to each other and you expect him to come back and try to make a deal happen between Nintendo and Ms.

I mean just ask Nintendo to fund a game based on the same concept. Way less work and I'm sure it would end up better.

Except that they didn't say this? In fact I recall Kamiya standing up for MS actually when someone said something negative about MS on Twitter to him.

Mgs2master2

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Scalebound is good and all, but I want my MegaMan Legends 3 more than anything on that list tbh.

Kolbe1894

Oct 25, 2017

I would say how Scalebound getting cancelled was 100x friendly than Cygames announcement, or Kamiya would just trash talk MS in twitter, not something like thiks:

Hoa

Jun 6, 2018
Yo don't try to break my heart again if it isn't Scalebound.

What if it is Megaman Legends 3? Although not officially announced, the 3DS demo was announced, and Capcom is definitely working on a Megaman title this year. Would be awesome.

Edit:
Scalebound is good and all, but I want my MegaMan Legends 3 more than anything on that list tbh.

Great minds.

Status
Not open for further replies.