• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

What will it be?

• Scalebound

Votes: 1,384 44.0%
  • Mega Man Legends 3

Votes: 733 23.3%
  • Timesplitters 4

Votes: 253 8.1%
  • Eternal Darkness 2

Votes: 476 15.1%
  • Silent Hills

Votes: 296 9.4%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Jan 4, 2018
It's time for Metroid Dread. Dead. Dread.

My impossible dream : Banjo-Threeie which was a tech-demo on Gamecube.

Last edited:

Deleted member 8593

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Nate has said that it wasn't originally a Nintendo game so people should be looking at stuff like Bayonetta 2 and Devil's Third rather than Pikmin 4 or Metroid Dread.

Mar 23, 2018
Based on what I've read, it's gotta be Scalebound. Whether that is Scalebound as we knew it or a re-imagination of Scalebound, which would be more likely.

Just found out about this, too:

It was hinted that it was not a project developed by Nintendo.

I'd like it to be MML3 or Nintendo's take on Silent Hill but I don't think these are happening based on what I've been reading.

aisback

Oct 27, 2017
The question is.

Is it a Nintendo game that is being brought back to life or a 3rd party game.

unrealist

Oct 27, 2017
11162738_1337109513009846_1271055305932800000_n.png

Velezcora

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Nov 16, 2017
Not sure why people are naming third party titles. Likely this is a first party only title.

Just gonna quote myself from the other thread...

Based on what Imran has said I can see why people are compelled to throw out crazy predictions and I am also tempted to think it's something that falls outside of Nintendo's area of expertise. Shooters in particular are something I've repeatedly said they're lacking in and there isn't a shortage of cancelled ones. However, knowing Nintendo and how reluctant they are towards certain industry trends, I doubt that this is going to be some kind of AAA game.

I think it's more likely that it's an interesting project that can be finished in a reasonable timeframe and people with ties to Nintendo wanted to go back to but couldn't for whatever reason. Considering those circumstances and barring further evidence I still believe the most likely game to be revived is Sakaguchi's Cry On that was meant to come out for the 360. There are multiple reasons for why I believe it's this game in particular:

Back in 2005, he said that the game's development could be finished in 1.5-2 years. This obviously didn't pan out because of financial difficulties but wouldn't be an issue under Nintendo. To add to that, Nintendo seems to have a good relationship to the companies involved. Cavia and AQ Interactive are now merged into Marvelous and Nintendo has already worked on two projects with Mistwalker, namely Archaic Sealed Heat and The Last Story. Last year Sakaguchi also teased that he's working on something new and I know that his wording implies something completely new but I wouldn't necessarily rule out him going back to Cry On. The final reason is that if you read the game's description in the first article I linked to, it sound like something very unique that could be potentially tweaked to include a 2-player co-op mode on Switch.

All this said, I am totally ready to be completely wrong. In the meantime I will rewatch the trailer the Gooch leaked in 2014:

I would love this to be true but I just want Mistwalker to come back to consoles again. Their mobile games were interesting experiments but none of them were as enjoyable as their console titles.

Jan 10, 2018
Tokyo
From what we know or can try to guess:
1) It's not a Nintendo game
2) It has to be a type of game Nintendo doesn't do
3) The cancellation could have been quite noisy, if Imran emphasizes it; and noisy cancellations happen for relatively ambitious projects which appeal to mostly core players.
4) If Nintendo is "reviving" it, I would guess that they do not start from scratch, and thus the project is probably current gen, or at worst from the ps360 generation. I'm leaning toward something recent because that's what I hope, but also because it's what makes the most sense to salvage in my opinion.
5) To finish with this total speculation, if Imran felt it was worth mentionning, while perfectly knowing that it would be heavily discussed, I feel that it has to be something big.

I know it's not the most popular opinion, for very good reasons, but my money is still on Scalebound being revived.

Hero_Select

One Winged Slayer
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Haaa! Project HAMMER was my first thought too XD

Though I'd say maybe Metroid Dread? But people are still half expecting that so eh.

ohitsluca

Oct 29, 2017
I'm astonished as to how this is getting so much traction, almost every site has reported it for the past 2 days.

I dunno. I'm not trusting this one

Because Imran has dropped hints like this in the past that came true. Like, end of November on the GI show he said a new Zelda game is coming sooner than we think, but didn't wanna get into details and then sure enough Links Awakening was just announced.

water_wendi

Oct 25, 2017
i saw the title and for a moment thought there was going to be a horror game based on the movie coming out.

t1ZfVsr.jpg

Last edited:

Dogui

Oct 28, 2017
Brazil
It could possibly be a dead and buried series.

Like a new Star Tropics with BotW's open world structure.

MaitreWakou

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
May 15, 2018
Toulouse, France
I also put my money on Scalebound.
I know it sounds stupid, why would Nintendo buy the rights to Microsoft ? Why not just make a new IP similar to Scalebound ?
I dunno, Nintendo and PlatinumGames/Kamiya have a good damn relationship, Scalebound was Kamiya's dream project. Nintendo and Microsoft seem to have some little business together and it seems to go well.
Just for the "holy shit !" reactions I could see Nintendo reviving it. That's good promotion for Nintendo. Kamiya's cancelled dream project, brought back to like by Nintendo.

K Samedi

Oct 27, 2017
I think the most fitting one from the hints i've seen is Silent Hills. There was a hint that it might be co published. I dont see Microsoft co publishing Scalebound. Now there's also some other plausible options but from the way its been runored (something surprising) it seems to me that Silent Hills fits the description the most. It aldo fits with game dev timelines with Kojima leading the project.

Dark Cloud

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Based on what I've read, it's gotta be Scalebound. Whether that is Scalebound as we knew it or a re-imagination of Scalebound, which would be more likely.

Just found out about this, too:

It was hinted that it was not a project developed by Nintendo.

I'd like it to be MML3 or Nintendo's take on Silent Hill but I don't think these are happening based on what I've been reading.

Who is this?

mopinks

Oct 27, 2017
honestly I think Legends 3 feels like the most sensible guess

but it's also super hard for me to imagine them caring enough about it to revive it

I'm torn

Bard

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
OP needs to be updated with new info we had gotten about this. iswasdoes

-It's not a Nintendo developed game.
-It was a game that was publicly announced and then cancelled.

Status
Not open for further replies.