• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Hero_Select

One Winged Slayer
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
All i want..

Messaging system.
Ability to join/invite otheres to games.

It's baffling why this isnt already a basic option.

fourfourfun

Oct 27, 2017
England
Share games to family group and bluetooth audio pls. I would say messaging but I have a phone and I never use messaging and please leave comms to devices actually better suited to it. Integrate to discord or something.

ginger ninja

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
"Game company is planning on making more games to make money".

I tell you man, Nintendo news is always the weirdest. People be rejoicing at something that should have already been a given.

spyroflame0487

One Winged Slayer
Nov 3, 2017
Voice Chat.
Jumping over from Xbox back to doing stuff on Switch is absolutely baffling. I can't have my headphones into the console if I want to chat with them. This is especially problematic on games where you have to hear in game audio (like Minecraft/Splatoon) and just plain annoying on others (like Smash)

Leave the app as an option or get rid of it in favor of more management services on the phone, like Splatoon 2's integration with bonuses, stat tracking etc.

RomanceDawn

Teacher of Superheroines
Oct 29, 2017
Los Angeles
I just want to be able to text people comfortably to schedule multiplayer sessions. Just give me that Nintendo please!

Cerbero

Nov 3, 2017
If you want people to pay 60$ per year you're gonna have to give them actual Switch games Nintendo, like the two other big boys do.

P-MAC

Nov 15, 2017
Portable only switch seems like a pretty stupid idea.

Switch Lite sounds great, but why not make a little dock for it too?

The ability to switch between TV and portable is the main thing that's unique about the Switch.

If it's portable only that's basically a HD 3DS with the top screen smashed off and not a very attractive proposition at all unless it's very cheap.

EDIT: Sorry I know that isn't the main point of the thread but was the way more surprising part of the OP to me

Deleted member 4518

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
This is why Wii Shop Channel closed, they're bringing back the Virtual Console on the Switch.

For the enthusiasts. Pls.

Pooroomoo

Oct 28, 2017
Am I right in that the phone App is used almost only by Splatoon? ( I don't use it so I don't know).

If that is indeed so, they must be working on Switch based voice chat, and this could partly be it.

deep_dish

Oct 25, 2017

The ability to switch between TV and portable is the main thing that's unique about the Switch.

If it's portable only that's basically a HD 3DS with the top screen smashed off and not a very attractive proposition at all unless it's very cheap.

EDIT: Sorry I know that isn't the main point of the thread but was the way more surprising part of the OP to me

Uh, what?

Nintendo has access to a ton of analytics, they don't just make billion dollar decisions on a whim. They likely have seen that there is a percentage of Switch gamers who play in portable mode only that is large enough to justify releasing a portable only product.

Thrill_house

Oct 27, 2017
"We are adding basic functionality that should have been implemented at the start. Please understand...and continue giving us your money for our bare bones ass online."

RPGamer

Banned
Oct 25, 2017

It would be the reason to make a portable only Switch, to have a HD 3DS/2DS successor for people who like Handhelds, cheap hardware etc. 3DS is dying. They probably want a 199 Switch portable fpr Animal Crossing and Pokemon. Not for me, i wait for a stronger Switch Pro, but i guess many people would be happy with a Switch handheld (even if the name doesn't fit anymore if you canÄt switch with it)

Dr. Mario

Oct 27, 2017
Netherlands
Why does everyone think services aimed at core spending customers means more QoL features for NSO? Lol.

It will be gacha waifu user icons and themes and you will pay through the nose for them.

Boy Wander

Alt Account
Banned
Oct 29, 2017
UK
Enthusiasts don't want to use a shitty phone app for online, so hopefully the first thing they'll do is get rid of that.

xabbott

Oct 28, 2017
Florida
I'd actually pay for Nintendo Online, and pay more than what it currently cost if I had access to more generations of Nintendo titles. I would really love to have multiple Paper Mario titles, Metroid Prime, etc. Oh and make sure they support cloud saves Nintendo and I'll sub for life.

P-MAC

Nov 15, 2017
Uh, what?

Nintendo has access to a ton of analytics, they don't just make billion dollar decisions on a whim. They likely have seen that there is a percentage of Switch gamers who play in portable mode only that is large enough to justify releasing a portable only product.

I'm sure they do, just because there are analytics proving they can be successful doesn't mean I have to like it though. What I said was clearly my personal opinion and there was no suggestion that it would fail in the market.

But also analytics haven't stopped them making a ton of dumb mistakes before. Analytics are only as good as your ability to read them.

Last edited:

P-MAC

Nov 15, 2017
It would be the reason to make a portable only Switch, to have a HD 3DS/2DS successor for people who like Handhelds, cheap hardware etc. 3DS is dying. They probably want a 199 Switch portable fpr Animal Crossing and Pokemon. Not for me, i wait for a stronger Switch Pro, but i guess many people would be happy with a Switch handheld (even if the name doesn't fit anymore if you canÄt switch with it)

Makes sense when you put it like that for sure, and I could see it selling shit tons to kids.

I just wish they would spend the extra couple pennies for a little plastic dock, make it just a cable even! Having "switch" in the name when it can't "switch" will be hilarious

PetrCobra

Oct 27, 2017
Achievements, and I'll buy every game on the Eshop.
Same. I don't even care if they add more features to Online. Add achievements and that's it for me, I'll subscribe (to play online, don't expect those to be for subscribers only... although you never know) and start buying all kinds of stuff.