ArmGunar

PlayStatistician
Oct 30, 2017
Obi-Wan-Kenobi-Star-Wars-novel-by-John-Jackson-Miller.jpg

According to a newly released production bulletin -- obtained by TMZ -- Disney's next foray into their spin-off series appears to be called "Obi-Wan: A Star Wars Story," with a working title of "Joshua Tree." "Return of the Jedi" also used a code name ... "Blue Harvest."

The synopsis reads as follows :
Obi-Wan is on Tatooine being an elusive hermit and stuff, but secretly watches over an infant Luke Skywalker, whom he delivered to his uncle, Owen. Tensions between the local farmers and a tribe of Sand People -- headed by a ruthless war chief -- eventually brings Obi outta hiding ... and into Jedi kickass mode. Scene.

About the director and production start :
The bulletin lists Stephen Daldry as the director -- he'd been rumored to be in talks for the film, and now it looks like he's attached. The movie's shooting in London at a well-known 'Star Wars' studio, recently used for 'The Last Jedi.' Production is set to begin next spring [2019].

http://www.tmz.com/2018/05/17/obi-wan-kenobi-star-wars-story-movie-plot-director-production/

Several days ago, a previous rumor has it to start filming in spring 2019 :
TheObi-Wan Kenobi spinoff movie is reportedly in pre-production and will begin filming next spring.
https://screenrant.com/obi-wan-spinoff-movie-filming-start-date/

FutureLarking

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
I mean I'd rather not have it set completely in desert land, but given the canon there's not really much scope for him to move about.

I'm still in either way.

Deleted member 7051

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Obi-Wan risks blowing his cover to protect farmers from sand people?

Would've made more sense for Obi to get involved with Jabba somehow, since there has to be some explanation for why Jabba never sold him out to the Empire.

BossAttack

Oct 27, 2017
Yes.

I'll say this is the one spin-off that has the potential to be truly amazing, but also the one that's likely to be the easiest to make into trash.

Obi-Wan risks blowing his cover to protect farmers from sand people?

Would've made more sense for Obi to get involved with Jabba somehow, since there has to be some explanation for why Jabba never sold him out to the Empire.

Ob-Wan never met Jabba the Hutt (at least not in the movies, can't remember Clone Wars). And, Tatooine is a big planet.

Betty

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I'm imagining it like Baby's Day Out, except Luke is the baby and Obi-Wan get's into all sorts of antics trying to save the kid.

Einchy

Oct 25, 2017
I guess they're waiting to announce it after Solo releases as to not step on that movie's toes and if starts production next year, 2020 seems likely to be Obi's year.

Deleted member 8579

Oct 26, 2017
Sometimes simple stories are the best but I was hoping he was up to other stuff elsewhere. Early days and just a rumour.

Deleted member 32374

User requested account closure
Banned
Nov 10, 2017
Milk that Star Wars teat Disney, milk it!

I remember reading a chose your own adventure book as kid that was set in the future, and in it the character describes how they finished watching star wars 44 on their space ship.

We're not going to make it to space ships before we get to star wars 44.

Braaier

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
So we're sleeping on a guy who's one two Olivier awards, two Tony awards, multi Oscar nominated for Best Director and Best Picture, and won multiple Emmy awards?

I love the internet sometimes.
No, I'm not sleeping on him. Just pointing out that Disney has a ton of control in their movies.

I really like the Crown. Not sure which episodes he's directed, but I'm sure he's a fine director. Maybe even better than Ron Howard!

Fevaweva

Oct 30, 2017
Odd director choice but the guy clearly had the talent. SMH at some of the posts in this thread.

emir

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The only Obi Wan movie I'll accept. LOGAN style, Western, before A New Hope.

Obi-Wan-journal-1.jpg

4716714-img_0157.jpg

Occam

Oct 25, 2017
The story sounds beyond awful. And the director doesn't inspire confidence.
If they don't want to do it right, why do it at all?
Oh right, money.

Einchy

Oct 25, 2017
Oddly enough, Lucasfilm has not been shy about exploring this time period. We saw Obi-Wan in Rebels, and even saw Luke for a second, and there's been multiple issues of the comic that feature Obi-Wan and young Luke, too.