• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

B-Dubs

That's some catch, that catch-22
On Break
Oct 25, 2017
The Jedi with No Name starting Ewan. Make it happen.

BDS

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The idea that they would recast Ewan to avoid prequel stink doesn't really hold up. Ewan's performance has been lauded even by those of us who hated the prequels, and Jimmy Smits was in Rogue One, so it's not like all prequel actors are persona non grata at Lucasfilm or something.

Arttemis

The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
The real question is not if McGregor will reprise his role (of course he will) but whether or not Liam Neeson will make an appearance.
We might finally get some closure on that character...

I absolutely hate the prequels, but seeing these two together again would be great. If they follow in Rogue One's steps and pull off the minimal references to the inappropriately designed architecture and technology from the shitty films, while bringing those characters back... That could be fantastic!

WadiumArcadium

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
UK
Wouldn't surprise me if they were stupid enough to recast Ewan despite him being perfect.

Becuase of the prequel association.
Nah, Lucasfilm are aware people liked Ewan in the role. If he's up for it and his comments over the years have suggested he is, he'll do it.

Plus they got Genevieve O'Reilly and Jimmy Smits to return in Rogue One and they were in the prequels.

Bishop89

What Are Ya' Selling?
Oct 25, 2017
Melbourne, Australia
Obi-Wan-Good-News-08182017.gif

sphagnum

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I absolutely hate the prequels, but seeing these two together again would be great. If they follow in Rogue One's steps and pull off the minimal references to the inappropriately designed architecture and technology from the shitty films, while bringing those characters back... That could be fantastic!

The architecture and tech in the prequels is meant to show that the Republic was a "more civilized age".

Khanimus

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Greater Vancouver
I like Ewan just fine. I don't know what the fuck the point of this movie is. I don't expect them to try and tell a "small, personal story" about an old man in a desert watching over a young boy.

Markitron

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Ireland
I wouldn't even worry about them recasting, there's no way they would even make this without Ewan. He wants it, the fans want it, Kathleen Kennedy wants it. This one makes a lot of sense.

Are they seriously going through with this? Who in their right mind would want a movie about Obi Wan, he's not special.
This is probably the most requested SW spin-off, your finger is pretty far from the pulse on this one.

Ushojax

Oct 30, 2017
I don't know why recasting is even being discussed, they already used Ewan McGregor in Force Awakens and they brought back prequel actors for Rogue One. No doubt they are intending to use him.

Last edited: